Surgery 9/6/16

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DougYetii

Surgery 9/6/16

Postby DougYetii » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:57 am

First day post op. I was implanted with a Titan by Dr Bruce Garber. I am absolutely shocked at how easy its been! Not 1 bruise, pain at 2 or 3 out of 10. Infrapubic approach. As many have said, the catheter was the most discomfort and thats gone now.
Ill try to post progress from time to time.
Implanted 9/6/2016 by Bruce Garber
Titan 22cm with 1.5 tips.
lost 3/4 inch, gained it back over the year. Currently 6.5l by 6.25g.

Best decision ever!

KarlB1706

Re: Surgery 9/6/16

Postby KarlB1706 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:25 am

Congrats on making it through the surgery just fine. Sounds like your experience was the same as mine. Good luck on the healing process

Karl
69 yrs old retired, first implant in 2009, second implant AMS 700 LGX implanted August 2015, Dallas, TX area

rglassva

Postby rglassva » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:08 pm

Congrats! I was the same right after - nurses almost pushed the pain killers on me (mainly at night) - pain level never made it to 4. Have only taken Tylenol since leaving the hospital. Only bruising was along the incision line and my glans (which is one big black scab right now). Best of luck and keep us updated.

Rick
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

DougYetii

Postby DougYetii » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:24 am

Day 2 Post op. It's really crazy how little pain I have. Took a few ibuprofen yesterday and nothing yet today. No bruising at all. Things are a little tender, but maybe a 2 out of 10, usually not even noticeable. I HAD to take a shower (a day early), because I could not live with the funk. I had a 7 hour car trip home yesterday and long car trips always leave me feeling like a glazed donut. A really easy trick that worked out perfectly was to to tape a gallon size ziploc bag flat across my stomach about 3 inches above the incision point. It worked perfectly. My 'peepee teepee' kept me bone dry.

I appear at this point to have lost a half inch which bothers me alot. I take comfort in others comments about regaining later. It is really early in my recovery after all.

Best decision ever!

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:36 am

DougYetii wrote:Day 2 Post op. It's really crazy how little pain I have. Took a few ibuprofen yesterday and nothing yet today. No bruising at all. Things are a little tender, but maybe a 2 out of 10, usually not even noticeable. I HAD to take a shower (a day early), because I could not live with the funk. I had a 7 hour car trip home yesterday and long car trips always leave me feeling like a glazed donut. A really easy trick that worked out perfectly was to to tape a gallon size ziploc bag flat across my stomach about 3 inches above the incision point. It worked perfectly. My 'peepee teepee' kept me bone dry.

I appear at this point to have lost a half inch which bothers me alot. I take comfort in others comments about regaining later. It is really early in my recovery after all.

You're right about that - your post-op length is no indication of where you'll be long term. Hang in there (so to speak...)
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

DougYetii

Postby DougYetii » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:17 am

Still healing and feeling tine. Finally had a little bruising appear in my scrotum, but there is no pain. I suspect it's a little blood migrates from somewhere higher up. Got curious checking things out and put 1/2 a pump into it trying to learn how to manipulate the pump. 1/2 a pump made no discernible difference in the cylinders, but it's reassuring that I can do it. The pump is definitely hard to squeeze, but that's mostly because of the difficulty in controlling the slippery thing, not the actual strength it takes. Patience is not my strong suit, I suspect I'll try a pump up within the week. It gurgled some when I squeezed it. I assume that's because there is some air in there? Anyone with experience have any comment on that?

Best decision ever!

rentguy

Postby rentguy » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:34 am

I would advise you to take some time with your new toy.One reason I didn't pump early was my belief that the stitches they put inside your penis that you can't see could tear if you pump up to soon before they are fully healed. Just my opinion, has no medical fact!! I did however start cycling at 2 weeks since my scrotum scar was completely healed by then.
67 years old.Married 45 years to my gorgeous wife .Had ED for 22 years.Had AMS 700 CX implant on 7-17-14.New work done on 9-7-16 by Dr. Andrew Kramer.Kramer took out a CX 18cm plus 1 extender and replaced with LGX 21cm plus 3 extenders. :P

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:13 am

rentguy wrote:I would advise you to take some time with your new toy.One reason I didn't pump early was my belief that the stitches they put inside your penis that you can't see could tear if you pump up to soon before they are fully healed. Just my opinion, has no medical fact!! I did however start cycling at 2 weeks since my scrotum scar was completely healed by then.

Sounds like you have the right idea, rentguy.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

DougYetii

Postby DougYetii » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:20 am

Of course you guys are right. I've come this far, why risk screwing things up.......

Best decision ever!

Return to “Implants”