First pump up...not sure about it...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
PC Newbie

First pump up...not sure about it...

Postby PC Newbie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:37 am

I am about 5 hours away from my doctor. Visited him last week, and he said I am progressing very well. He said I may not need to come again, but of course can if needed. My instructions are to start pumping up today. He said for this week just do 2-3 pumps.

So, I attempted it this morning. I can't tell that it is pumping up. It is quite solid, and it is not going up any more than it does by itself. Today is his operating day, so I'll probably try to contact him tomorrow and discuss. I may need to go down again and have it done.

But I thought I'd post here and see if anyone has any input on the first pump experiecne: does it seem like the pump is very tight, is it difficult, etc.

JDavid

Re: First pump up...not sure about it...

Postby JDavid » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:33 am

Squeezing the pump bulb is often, if not usually, difficult at the beginning. I had to use both hands for quite some time. I would hold the bulb between my thumb and index finger on my right hand and then place the thumb and index finger of my right had over them and stabilize the pump assembly with my left ring finger.
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

oddjob

Postby oddjob » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:33 pm

Yes, the first time I cycled my implant was very hard...the pump itself only provided 1-2 good squeezes before it became very firm and would not pump anymore. Coupled with the skin tenderness surrounding the pump and it was kind of painful at first...

Since then, its gotten better, but the pump still "firms up" as the erection takes place...sounds like all is normal with you PC.

Joe
Implanted with AMS 700 LGX on July 29, 2016 by Dr. Stackhouse Tripler Army Medical Center
59 yr old type II diabetic with artificial aortic heart valve

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:54 pm

Important: Before you pump be sure you know where the deflate button is and can operate it. Ditto what the others have said. The pump is very difficult to squeeze for the first little while, almost rock like, and the sucker is very slippery feeling. You will learn what works best for you in trapping the assembly while squeezing the pump. It likes to shoot our of your fingers sideways. Interesting sensations :D

Boulder

Postby Boulder » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:34 am

Get in a hot bath and pump it hard, wait a few minutes and pump it more. You have to break through the scar tissue and it will hurt a bit at first but it gets easier. Pump it hard!

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:07 pm

Boulder wrote:Get in a hot bath and pump it hard, wait a few minutes and pump it more. You have to break through the scar tissue and it will hurt a bit at first but it gets easier. Pump it hard!

This is a good idea, but only after your stiches are out and the incision has healed sufficiently shut. Bacteria thrive in hot/warm water and can easily enter a partially healed incision causing no end of grief.

PC Newbie

Postby PC Newbie » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:41 pm

Here is where I'm at now.

I am getting to where I can squeeze the pump and inflate. I can feel the liquid squeezing through the bulb.

Tell me if I am too concerned or anxious: I am not by any means pumping up to full inflation. (BTW...I am now just short of 4 weeks). I'd say I can get it to where it was when I came home, but no more. I have no pain when inflating.

The skin on the penis is not pulled tight, so I expect I should have more to go. (I am circumcised). I am particularly concerned about getting more length, not because of the ego thing wanting to be big, but because I was average size...at best...when I had no ED. Since the prostate removal, and fiddling with ED over the past 5 years, it is definitely short now. I know the doctor said that over time I will get more length and girth. But I didn't expect to not be able to inflate. I presumed, maybe inaccurately, that the main problem with getting full length early was due to pain and needing to work your way up, so to speak.

I am going in to see the doctor this week. This will be my first visit to go over inflation, etc.

Return to “Implants”