OVERUSE

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Vagabond127

OVERUSE

Postby Vagabond127 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:16 pm

Haven't gotten my implant yet but was wondering about overuse and the life of an implant. I masturbate about once a day. I'm concerned about wearing out my implant way before it should. Is it litteraly based on number of inflates, age of the implant or both?

THANKS!
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

Lost Sheep

Re: OVERUSE

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:59 am

Do a search for the phrase "service life", you will find a few topics that speak to your question.

I read somewhere that the most common failure point is where the tubing joins the valve body. Other failure points are if the implant buckles, the crease point gets weakened.

I also opi9ne that inflating to the max for "rock hard" erections may shorten implant life, but that is speculation.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:06 am

Dr. Karpman urged me to use it often and stated: "You can't wear it out." I would take that to mean that age is more of a c=factor than use.
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:45 pm

I say use the thing once you get it. It will literally cure your ED and will probably last you 10 years. Think of it like any other replacement part in your body, say a hip replacement. Would you limit your walking in case you wear out your new joint? It is subject to wear as well. Probably not. Stop worrying, get 'er done if that is where you are headed, and learn to love the new bionic you.

Vagabond127

Postby Vagabond127 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:18 pm

Thank you watsup. Your advice makes 100% sense.

Thank you!
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:30 pm

Watsup wrote:I say use the thing once you get it. It will literally cure your ED and will probably last you 10 years. Think of it like any other replacement part in your body, say a hip replacement. Would you limit your walking in case you wear out your new joint? It is subject to wear as well. Probably not. Stop worrying, get 'er done if that is where you are headed, and learn to love the new bionic you.

Not to be contrary, but just as a counterpoint, if I had a new knee I would be cautious about running on hard surfaces. Use your best judgement about how much pressure you inflate and go for it. These things are meant to be used, after all.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

David_R

Postby David_R » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:33 pm

Watsup wrote:Stop worrying, get 'er done if that is where you are headed, and learn to love the new bionic you.

Enjoy your new bionic whenever you want to. They are built to last (mine lasted 12 years, and the replacement was easier to go through than the original one was).

Boulder

Postby Boulder » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:29 am

I plan to wear mine out and gladly have it replaced with a new one when the time comes. If I had a Ferrari I wouldn't keep it in the garage...

Return to “Implants”