Decision Time

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jonbaldbg

Re: Decision Time

Postby jonbaldbg » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:51 pm

This will be good to find out. I'm not sure I ever had a catheter and I'm not looking forward to it. Hopefully they put me to sleep before they put the damn thing in!!
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:01 pm

bummedout wrote:I guess the effects from the stroke prevented you from using it?

Correct - killed my libido completely and left me with a raft of symptoms that are not conducive to sex.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

FlaDon

Postby FlaDon » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:23 pm

For me, the catheter was no problem...in fact, I found it quite convenient not to have to get up to pee the first 24 hours. When the 'at home' nurse didn't show up on time, I went ahead and took it out myself, again, with no problem. This was the first time I ever had a catheter, so like you, was worried and had questions about it. They put it in after I was under anesthesia, which I was happy about. It caused absolutely no problems afterwards, and in retrospect, was probably the least of the 'concerns' about having the procedure.
63, Central Florida area, ED for two years. Implanted with Coloplast Titan Touch (22 cm w/ no RTE's) March 23, 2015 in Daytona Beach by Dr. Martin Dineen.

roninhouston

Postby roninhouston » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:30 pm

Another question for you guys.....does having had a catheter create any future problems, like urethral stricture? I think I have a narrow urethra as it is.

When I woke up I had a catheter in, it was not comfortable, I used Kegels to help. I spent the night in the hospital and in the morning my doctor check the incision, bandages. Told me to take a deep breathe and he removed it. No thoughts about the catheter since. BTW they have small tubes that go thru your veins that make your urethra look like a tunnel.

Maybe I am fortunate as I looked at ED as a mechanical problem, not a mental one. My structure could no longer support an erection, I got a new structure that did. Maybe because I am an engineer I never looked at ED as something my mind controlled or caused.

I am 13 months post-op and am pleased with the results. As FlaDon said, I am one of the hundreds who are satisfied. Wish I had done it earlier and would do it again in a heart beat. Yes there were periods of discomfort, but the end results were better than I ever expected. I now have an erection on demand for as long as I want it.

Good luck in your decision.
Bionic with AMS CX on August 14, 2015. Inflated September 15th by Dr. Robert Cornell.
Was 69 with VL
. Pre-Op VED Protocol Therapy and Post-Op VED Protocol Therapy: Pre-Op length by 6th month.

bummedout

Postby bummedout » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:11 pm

Can anyone tell me what it's like to have that bulb and tubing in your scrotum? Doesn't anything get irritated/bothersome, especially when your balls shrivel up from the cold?

ableman28

Postby ableman28 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:21 am

Dude, depending on your stretched size, if over 6", get a coloplast titan. Better erection quality. It will be hard as a rock. No you can't wear it out or else mine would be toast already. They do break occasionally and you get a new one. Flying is no problem, I fly all the time.
Its a shitload better than injections. I did those for 4 years. Hated them. Implant multiple times better. If you follow the aggressive post implant inflation protocol, "as hard as you can-for as long as you can-as soon as you can (after surgery)", you actually have some chance at recovering lost length due to scarring/peyronie. I got back 1/2" on my pre surgery measure.

The main thing, and this can't be stressed enough, go to a high volume surgeon.
Implanted by Dr. Eid, July 15, 2016

bummedout

Postby bummedout » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:34 am

Ok, but what about that pump in your scrotum. What's that like?

FlaDon

Postby FlaDon » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:44 am

Bummedout,

Most of the time, I forget that it's even there. It does not hurt, the tubing does not get in the way of anything. When the scrotum retracts due to being cold, it doesn't really change anything. The sac just has three occupants instead of two. No big deal at all.
63, Central Florida area, ED for two years. Implanted with Coloplast Titan Touch (22 cm w/ no RTE's) March 23, 2015 in Daytona Beach by Dr. Martin Dineen.

bummedout

Postby bummedout » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:50 am

Interesting..... so the thing doesn't rub up against your testicles or anything. Does it ever feel like you're gonna' squash your testicles when you lay down in a certain way, or anything like that?

cincinnatus1951

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:54 am

Agree totally with Fladon. I was implanted with a Titan on Jan 6. Also worried about the "boys" new neighbor. Hasn't been a problem. It is not visible from outside. It is certainly palpable when you feel the scrotum. Occasional feeling of one nut rubbing it in awkward positions, but no different than when there were only two occupants.
Cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

Return to “Implants”