surgeon reviews

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
woodturner

Re: surgeon reviews

Postby woodturner » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:22 pm

Dr Aaron Lentz at Duke Raleigh did my implant. He isn't as well known. However, he does more than 100 of them per year, which was high enough volume for me. The surgery went well. I did have a lot of bruising and swelling. Most of that was gone after 2 weeks.

He did tell me one interesting thing that I think people should consider when looking for an Implant surgeon. He said about 10% of the urologists do 90% of the implants.
Total ED since a 6/2010 RPA. Pills and injections didn't work. 2nd revision with a Coloplast Titan (24CM w & 2CM RTEs)on 12/15/2022. 68 years old

ableman28

Postby ableman28 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:33 am

I was implanted by Dr. Eid July 15, 2016. So its early days yet. But I was very pleased with the whole thing. Very good Dr./patient interaction....just a genial, nice person, never seemed rushed. Did a cytoscope, good ICP injection test to determine post implant length, the operating facility in NYC was excellent.....all in very impressed. Post surgery no bruising/swelling of the penis, minor swelling of the scrotum, tiny incision in the scrotum for the implant has completely disappeared. I freaked out a bit post surgery due to some fluid collection in the scrotum that turned out to be saline wash pooling at the bottom.....I had his personal cell, texted him frequently, and he texted back quickly every time.

The main thing is functionality. It really works well. And, assuming it stays this way I wish I'd gotten the implant 10 years ago. As for length, I had the same experience as Merrix on here. I was measured 6.25" pre surgery. I had that within a few weeks after surgery....I activated at 13 days due to impatience and a desire to avoid coffin syndrome......the earliest activation possible is key, I think, to avoiding penile shrinkage from everything I've read. The bonus was that his use of the biggest Titan cylinders possible, 22c, plus 1cm RTE, provided enough internal pressure to stretch some of the peyronie scar tissue that caused my original problem. As a result I gained about .5" from the original measure in lost length and am at 6.75" now, fully pumped, which is way to hard to use on a woman actually.

I've posted before and said that in my opinion if you have peyronie and get the largest size Titan implant you can and follow the aggressive post implant inflation protocol described in this research paper...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25872574

you will recover lost length. Everyone considering an implant should read that research study.
Implanted by Dr. Eid, July 15, 2016

Transit74

Postby Transit74 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:56 pm

I had Dr Eid do my surgery and I could not be any happier with the results!

MJTEXTEX

Postby MJTEXTEX » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:56 am

Hi Guys, been following the conversations before becoming a member on here ever since I entertained the idea of going bionic. I'm 5-1/2 weeks post op and have nothing but praise and cudo's to one of the best in the Arklatex area. Very little post op pain, and already back to my pre-op length. Yes, I jumped the gun, and being a fast healer, started deflating and inflating mine about a week ago. The AMX LGS works just like you guys said it would, and very happy so far. Go back to see Dr. Gerrard Henry in Shreveport La. next Wed. for the 6 week follow up. He's not one of the rock stars that advertise, but he's a rock star for some of us in the South. He told me that word of mouth gets him more business than anything.

lunacynic

Postby lunacynic » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:17 pm

MJTEXTEX wrote:I'm 5-1/2 weeks post op and have nothing but praise and cudo's to one of the best in the Arklatex area ... Dr. Gerrard Henry in Shreveport La.

scrotal or infrapubic?
65 - ams 700 lgx 5.5cm rte with 18cm cylinders installed infrapubic aug 23 2016 by bryan kansas austin texas

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:41 am

CUDO'S to my Dr. Edward Kata of Florida Urology Associates. Highly recommended. Very pleased. If you want 'it' done right, he is the man. Thanks Dr. Kata.
Rev. Donnie .
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

onthemark2015

Re: surgeon reviews Dr Morey

Postby onthemark2015 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:27 pm

I am a practicing Urologist and chose Dr Morey as my implant surgeon. There is nobody in the State of Texas more qualified or skilled than he is. What I value most is his world wide respect for his urethral reconstruction prowess. I wanted a surgeon that had seen everything to be my surgeon. I also respect the fact that he is not married to AMS or Coloplast. Dr Morey actually fits every man with the best implant for their penis.

To this day Dr Morey and his nurse/staff have no idea that I am a practicing Urologist. I paid cash and am not from Texas. Dr Morey recommended the Coloplast Titan for me and I have been more than satisfied with his suggestion, as have my girlfriends.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:33 pm

If you are in Central FL, and need suggestions/opinions, PM me. I had such a bad experience with one physician at the beginning of last summer that I need a revision surgery within months.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

oldgoat

Postby oldgoat » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:41 pm

Dr Jonas Benson installed my Titan 2 years ago and also did my prostatectomy two months ago with davinci robotic surgery. I could not be happier with the outcomes. He is at uropartners in Wheaton, Illinois.
Very highly recommended.
Implanted with colorplast Titan 3 years ago. Davinci radical prostatectomy 6 months ago. Very happy with the outcome of both procedures.
Dr Jonas Benson. Uropartners, Wheaton, IL.

Boulder

Postby Boulder » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:28 am

Marlostanfield,
Correction, I never said Kramer put "perfect" cylinders in. His surgery was the most painful of them all and I lived with horrific pain for over a year. I also never said I "hate" anyone. Disappointed yes, hate never. I think all of them did what they thought was best.

Yes, I was formally Panhead.

And I apologize for not responding sooner. When your a happy camper you have no need to be on FrankTalk except to help other guys.

I am pain free five months out with a working implant that I've been wearing out on all the beautiful Florida ladies. I couldn't be happier with Dr. Carrion and his staff!

Return to “Implants”