CX vs LGX (got it wrong as "CS" in original post)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

CX vs LGX (got it wrong as "CS" in original post)

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:28 pm

I am scheduled for surgery Sept 19, 2016, just over two weeks away. My surgeon has not been forthcoming with information. Now, I know that many highly skilled surgeons have lousy bedside manner, so this does not put me off too much, but I crave information about the procedure and the device he intents to put in me.

Does anyone know what the deciding factors are when choosing between the AMS 700 LGX and the AMS CX.

I know the LGX expands in length as well as girth and the CX (this from the AMS literature). So, I wonder if the LGX is chosen because it is more forgiving if the surgeon implants a device slightly over or under my exact cavity size?

This would make sense if the implant provides rigidity by inflating my own tissues to erection rather than relying on the device's material for that rigidity.

I would love to ask my surgeon or the AMS representative this question, but anyone who knows will do.

Thank you for reading.

Lost Sheep (Anchorage Alaska)
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

dirtman1993

Re: CS vs LGX

Postby dirtman1993 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:48 pm

Not sure who is doing yours but watch some of Dr. Kramers videos and one explains the difference between the two. My lax works great and will continue to fill the area god gave me. I can tell when pushing the inflation as I get what I call a Muscle Burn.Dr. Kramer explained it was the LGX expanding into the area and tissue expanding to accept.

Sorry your doctor won't give more detail and take the time to explain.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

OttoHS

Postby OttoHS » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:32 pm

I am no expert. But, from what I have read in other posts here, I think that the CX is more rigid than the LGX and that some doctors prefer the CX for longer penises over the LGX.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:38 pm

dirtman1993 wrote:Not sure who is doing yours but watch some of Dr. Kramers videos and one explains the difference between the two....

Thanks for the advice, dirtman1993, but I cannot find that particular video. Dr Kramer has so many. Do you have a link or a search phrase that could help me narrow the selection?

Thanks

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:27 pm

actually i troll Kramer's videos, he got one a couple days old that sort of talks about the models. The problem is he gives a political response that he "doesn't care one way or the other", stressing that docs don't and shouldn't care. I'm just saying I'd like to know what he really thinks, but I guess his case selection speaks for itself in a way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnttMCLv9b0

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:54 pm

I emailed Dr. Kramer about my upcoming implant and which implant, Coloplast vs. AMS, that he recommends. He said they were both good and then he explained the slight differences, pros and cons of each. He said he uses about half and half. He then went on to say in my case he would probably use an LGX. I have a small penis and that may be the reason he chose the LGX. I have read where Coloplasts are better for the bigger guys. Who know, but I'm going with his recommendation.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

Bionic_by_AMS

Re: CX vs LGX (got it wrong as "CS" in original post)

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:25 pm

Lost Sheep,
The "CX" model (controlled expansion) is usually used where you have Peyronie's, or scar tissue issues, etc. Since scar tissue doesn't really stretch well and is sometimes painful ... the CX is used since the cylinders are more rigid ... otherwise you should get the LGX (length, girth expansion)

AMS 700CXM cylinders are 9.5 mm and inflate to 14.2 mm
AMS700 LGX cylinder girths are 12mm, inflate to 18mm
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:34 am

stringerbell wrote:actually i troll Kramer's videos, he got one a couple days old that sort of talks about the models. The problem is he gives a political response that he "doesn't care one way or the other", stressing that docs don't and shouldn't care. I'm just saying I'd like to know what he really thinks, but I guess his case selection speaks for itself in a way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnttMCLv9b0

Thanks, Stringerbell. That link led me to a terrific video and that one led to several more informative ones.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

ED2013

Re: CX vs LGX (got it wrong as "CS" in original post)

Postby ED2013 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:50 am

The cx is also used for younger patients who will probably use it more.

Return to “Implants”