1 wk post-op. is this normal?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
lunacynic

1 wk post-op. is this normal?

Postby lunacynic » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:12 pm

helo all ;) newbie here first post! sory i'm late to the party but only recently discovered this forum. better late than never so i'll jump right in ;)

bryan kansas in austin tx installed my amx lgx on the 23rd. this pix is from day 6. the swelling and discoloration have been much worse than i anticipated or was told to expect. is it always like this?

D6-400.jpg
D6-400.jpg (21.07 KiB) Viewed 4425 times
65 - ams 700 lgx 5.5cm rte with 18cm cylinders installed infrapubic aug 23 2016 by bryan kansas austin texas

billylee

Re: 1 wk post-op. is this normal?

Postby billylee » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:37 pm

I was not, but probably a little early to say. Does appear to be more swelling and trauma/bruising than I would expect also? Are you having much discomfort? Taking ibuprofen I hope.
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

lunacynic

Postby lunacynic » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:06 pm

i'm wondering if he didn't remove the drain tube too early. he told me some docs leave it in as long as 3 days but he yanked it out after 20hrs. and he didn't warn me it was gonna hurt like @#$%^! anyway, i was losing 30-35cc/hr for most of the night and when i told him he advised me that without the tube all that blood would have drained into my penis and scrotum. but i was still losing 10cc/hr when he removed it and everything looked pretty good at that time so maybe that additional bleeding explains why everything changed so dramatically.
65 - ams 700 lgx 5.5cm rte with 18cm cylinders installed infrapubic aug 23 2016 by bryan kansas austin texas

lunacynic

Postby lunacynic » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:42 pm

the pain has been up and down. i had a nerve block so the first 24hrs was a walk in the park. after that it was bad enough i started taking hydrocodone from a prior surgery that i never needed. after a few days i started to wonder why it still hurt so much at night when i wasn't doing anything. i wear a low rise brief and noticed that it was keeping my penis bent along the contour of my lower abdomen. it occurred to me that the tissue on the outside of the curve was being compressed between the fabric of the brief and the cylinders trying to straighten. once i freed that bastard from bondage things improved pretty quickly and i haven't needed any pain meds since. i'm fortunate to be retired and live alone so i can sit at my computer all day and not have to confine the little villian unless i need to go out. to keep him straight at night i cut a hole near the waistband of the brief so i can sleep on my sides and keep him oriented properly ;)

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:48 pm

:o Oh dear lord! I don't know what. Bruising is to be expected after surgery... But that scared me! I hope the other guys here can give you some help. Have you asked your doctor what he thinks of it?

lunacynic

Postby lunacynic » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:00 pm

i haven't discussed it yet with kansas but i'll def bring it up when i see him next tue. as it turns out this evening for the first time i've actually witnessed some significant reduction in the swelling so i feel a lot better about that. but another thing that concerns me is the little c-shaped laceration on the left side of the glans. is that a purposeful incision or an unintended rupture?

roninhouston

Postby roninhouston » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:51 pm

The marks on your glan are cause by the needle used to pull the cylinders into it. These marks are considered normal. Mine actually had a scab develop and it peeled off.

Don't know anything about your shaft swelling as all my swelling was in my scrotum. Mine looked bad to me from the bottom with stitches and dried blood once the bandages were removed. After about three months everything started looking normal and now at a year it looks like I never had anything done.

Welcome to the Bionic Brotherhood
Bionic with AMS CX on August 14, 2015. Inflated September 15th by Dr. Robert Cornell.
Was 69 with VL
. Pre-Op VED Protocol Therapy and Post-Op VED Protocol Therapy: Pre-Op length by 6th month.

oddjob

Postby oddjob » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:08 pm

The pic showing your post op bruising and swelling look very much like my experience...good news is it goes away over 2-4 weeks time, but at first, it looks pretty awful...nothing to worry about...some of us bruise more than others!
Implanted with AMS 700 LGX on July 29, 2016 by Dr. Stackhouse Tripler Army Medical Center
59 yr old type II diabetic with artificial aortic heart valve

Electrician

Postby Electrician » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:12 am

Welcome to the bionic Brotherhood ,Glad you posted pics for all to see what swelling to expect, I know a lot of doctors would lead you to believe that this is a non invasive surgery.But the good news in time the swelling will go down and bruising will tend to go away but it does take time,I'm af 7mos post op And still.have discoloration of the skin. I used lots of frozen bags of pees and pain meds to get thru my frist few weeks. At one point I switch to a heating pad at about 2 weeks which seemed to help as well. But it does take time to heal.
Implanted 01/2016,AMS Cx at 56 had Ed for years ,On the pills (18yr) and injection (5yrs) married 37 years .Hope to use this inplant for years to come.

NeedleD

Postby NeedleD » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:49 am

That photo is enough to convince me not to do THAT as LONG as possible!
Best of luck! Sincerely.
Use Super Quadmix due to severe Venous leak.Have a GREAT DAY!

Return to “Implants”