1 wk post-op. is this normal?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RelievedofED1

Re: 1 wk post-op. is this normal?

Postby RelievedofED1 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:20 am

Everyone is different as your systems tendency to clot, other medical problems, how difficult it was to place etc. all make a difference to outcome. One big variable is also how much we all move arounnd and stand and lift at first. The more you lift and stand for long periods the more swelling. And ice is your friend. If used carefully to avoid frost bite while laying down or at least sitting back in a recliner the swelling usually goes down after the first week or two. I suspect everyone is swollen after the surgery it is how quickly it goes away that we have some control over if we do less than we think we can. Dr Kramer said nothing over a half gallon of milk for a month and two weeks post op of laying around with occasional short walks to avoid blood clots. And frequent ice which I did 20 minutes every hour while awake. In a very short time I was one of the lucky ones that was relatively pain free and using my implant in less than 3 weeks with my doctors ok.

Aside from rest, ice and no lifting you need to try to not over think the OMG what have I done. Unless you have a rare complication a few months from now you will be mad at yourself for waiting so long.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

redbullmaster

Postby redbullmaster » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:55 am

Have you been keeping it bandaged, it stops the swelling.
But not too tight, to cut the circulation to the head.

As for the drain sounds like you should have kept it in until you bleeding was under 10 per day.
This is from memory from my gallbladder, for my implant I had it in from the Friday till Monday.

rglassva

Postby rglassva » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:39 am

I'm sure some of the "swelling" is "inflation" but who knows how much - did doc tell you much he was gonna leave you inflated? Glad to know it's subsiding. Everyone bruises differently. . almost all of mine was along the incision line and the glans. . . glans blistered and is now black/blue and peeling. Congrats, happy healing, and keep us updated.

Rick
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

lunacynic

Postby lunacynic » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:49 pm

first of all, thanks all for your comments and observations ;)

here's how things look after 9 days. there's already been some modest improvement. at this point it think my excessive degree of swelling and discoloration is probably a function of early withdrawal of the drain tube and too much activity the first 36hrs. i used ice and wrapped it for awhile but certainly could have done more of each. the good news is, as ugly as everything looks i'm reasonably confident it will all eventually heal and i'm optimistic about long term results ;)

i should probably mention i also had some problems with the hole left by the drain tube. after kansas yanked it out he put a piece of gauze over it and told me i would be able to shower later. not so. by the time i got home from the appointment the blood was starting to soak thru my briefs and cargo shorts. i tried for two days to stop the bleeding with band-aids and tape but i was damp with blood the whole time. i finally sealed it with super-glue. three days later the edges of the glue patch got caught in the fabric of my briefs as i removed them and tore completely off along with part of the scab! fortunately at that point all i needed was a band-aid ;)

D7A-400.jpg
D7A-400.jpg (25.21 KiB) Viewed 3304 times
65 - ams 700 lgx 5.5cm rte with 18cm cylinders installed infrapubic aug 23 2016 by bryan kansas austin texas

lunacynic

Postby lunacynic » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:20 pm

ok, pain - here on day 10 very little over the last few days. i'm convinced one reason is that i've avoided as much as possible the need to bend my guy to fit into pants. around the house i mostly go commando and if i need a little support i've modified some briefs to provide a kind of marsupial pouch. go ahead and laugh, it's funny ;)

D7B-400.jpg
D7B-400.jpg (22.39 KiB) Viewed 3304 times
65 - ams 700 lgx 5.5cm rte with 18cm cylinders installed infrapubic aug 23 2016 by bryan kansas austin texas

David_R

Postby David_R » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:03 pm

NeedleD wrote:That photo is enough to convince me not to do THAT as LONG as possible!
Best of luck! Sincerely.

My urologist told me before I got an implant that immediately following surgery I was going to hate him. But then as I healed I would really like him again. True dat! :D

woodturner

Postby woodturner » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:43 pm

I had a lot of bruising after my surgery, not quite as much as you have. However, my scrotum literally swelled up to the size of a grapefruit.
The doctor took the drain out of me about 24 hours after surgery.He did close the opening with a single stitch, not a band-aid.

The pain, swelling and bruising will go down and over time. I was still getting a little bit of pain about a year later when I fully inflated. However, that was my because my penis was still to the full length of the implant.

A year from now thr pain will probably become a vague memory.
Total ED since a 6/2010 RPA. Pills and injections didn't work. 2nd revision with a Coloplast Titan (24CM w & 2CM RTEs)on 12/15/2022. 68 years old

REM1947

Postby REM1947 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 pm

WOW! Can't get that picture out of my mind. I wish you all the best. I see you are keeping us up to date. My surgery will be in a month. It makes since that there is going to be a lot of bruising with this type of operation. I have watched the operation I will have on YouTube thanks to Dr. Kramer. I hope my surgeon does the same as Dr. Kramer did.
Thank you for posting the pics so we can see what might happen.
Bob

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:47 pm

Hope turns out well but makes me thankful I chose Dr. Kramer. I have never seen something like this. My swelling and bruising was mainly under the penis as I was implanted through the scrotum. As most of my photos from the procedure are not showing yet due to new site, go to YouTube and type in my name. Will send it in a private message
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:55 pm

HO-LY-FU.................. That is some bad bruising. I think i would pass out just looking at it, trying to take pictures of my jimmy to post online. You are a brave gentleman. Kudos for the pictures, and good luck on that recovery. I am going to deal with the mental scars now. :shock: :oops: :x

Return to “Implants”