2 weeks post-op

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rglassva

2 weeks post-op

Postby rglassva » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:09 am

Got implanted with AMS CXR two weeks ago today - stayed in hospital Thursday and Friday nights - checked out Saturday - laid low Sunday and Monday - back to work on Tuesday - worked half days T-F - full days this week. More soreness this week than last. . . especially sitting in my office chair - at home in my recliner, all is good.
Never took a pain pill after I left the hospital - tylenol a few times a day is pretty much taking care of it.
Swelling is definitely going down although I do notice some on the right side - above, where I suppose the reservoir is located, and on that side of the sac where the pump is. Glans is still black/blue - I'm sure that will peel soon (already has some) - very sensitive where the new skin is. I was cut just under the glans and most of the way down the scrotum - Dr. McCammon had to open me up to carve out the scar tissue to be able to get both cylinders in - I definitely made him work for him money! Yay him!
Not sure how inflated I am but it's definitely a bit pudgy - I'm sure some of that is swelling as well.
I can definitely find the bulb of the pump - not so sure about the deflate button - I plan to take a nice long bath sometime this weekend and see if things soften up down there so I'll know what's what. Definitely interesting having a third "testicle" down there - and frankly, I don't mind the extra volume a bit. ;)
Back to see Dr. McCammon in Va. Beach on 9/20 - more updates when I have anything worth updating.
If anyone is a "problem child" like I was and in need of an implant - I HIGHLY recommend Dr. McCammon at Urology of Virginia and the Devine-Jordan Center for Reconstructive Surgery and Pelvic Health.
Rick
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

Lost Sheep

Re: 2 weeks post-op

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:47 pm

Thanks for posting. It is heartening to hear success stories. Keep On Truckin.

Lost Sheep

p.s. I have surgery tentatively scheduled for September 19th
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”