Deflate-> Pain similar to squeezing testicles?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
PC Newbie

Deflate-> Pain similar to squeezing testicles?

Postby PC Newbie » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:03 pm

I am two weeks out from surgery.

Day after surgery before leaving hosiptal, one doctor came by and during the visit pulled the pump ball down. It was quite painful...I thought he was also squeezing my left testicle.

Yesterday visiting my doctor, I was deflated, and it too felt that way.

The doctor told me I need to do more work at pulling the pump ball down, and over the next week to do that everytime I urinate, and to practice each time squeezing the deeflate.

So, as I can feel what's going on, it seems like maybe the epididymis (coiled tube at the back of the testicle) was running across the deflation area of the pump ball.

I'm thinking that particularly when I'm inflated (haven't done that yet) that deflating will be harder, and in any event, quite painful.

Anyone have any comments or thoughts on this?

Bionic_by_AMS

Re: Deflate-> Pain similar to squeezing testicles?

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:56 pm

Well ... you will be tender around the deflate button for a while ... just make sure you can feel it and can squeeze it before you try inflating. Your Doc will usually tell you at about 6 weeks you can inflate ...

Don't get carried away in the early stages in the inflating, because it does hurt slightly at first ... Everything is still tender especially in the "tips", so avoid over inflating. It takes about 6 months of daily pumping before you can achieve max results ...

Enjoy
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

mouseco

Postby mouseco » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:42 pm

Dr Kramer doesn't even schedule post-op appointments until 4 weeks post-op. He said he found it became more of a social call at 2 weeks. Try not to go nuts and be patient. The healing takes time.

oddjob

Postby oddjob » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:38 pm

PC newbie

You are not alone...I am 4 weeks post op and have found that my scrotum is still very tender as the swelling is receding slowly around my testicles.

I can feel the ball of the pump but can't yet locate the deflate button due to the swelling in my scrotum. And I won't inflate until I am sure that I can deflate.

I have attempted to squeeze the inflate ball (gingerly), but have found the skin is tender and somewhat still painful...so I think patience is the best medicine for right now.

Joe
Implanted with AMS 700 LGX on July 29, 2016 by Dr. Stackhouse Tripler Army Medical Center
59 yr old type II diabetic with artificial aortic heart valve

David_R

Postby David_R » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:01 am

oddjob wrote:I have attempted to squeeze the inflate ball (gingerly), but have found the skin is tender and somewhat still painful...so I think patience is the best medicine for right now.

Squeezing the "inflate ball" gingerly will not do anything since the device has an anti-autoinflation mechanism that requires you to squeeze quite vigorously until you feel the "pop" that will then allow you to pump it up.
So I agree, patience is the best medicine for right now.

oddjob

Postby oddjob » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:21 pm

Thanks, David

I was able to get the ball to "pop" today and then gave it 3-4 pumps before the ball firmed up and could not be pumped anymore...is this normal for the first cycle?

Joe
Implanted with AMS 700 LGX on July 29, 2016 by Dr. Stackhouse Tripler Army Medical Center

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:27 pm

oddjob wrote:Thanks, David

I was able to get the ball to "pop" today and then gave it 3-4 pumps before the ball firmed up and could not be pumped anymore...is this normal for the first cycle?

Joe

OK, the pump ball firmed up. Did the penis firm up? After all that's the goal.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

oddjob

Postby oddjob » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:39 pm

Lost Sheep

Yes, I got an erection, but I figured it was only about 70% of what I was hoping for...maybe it takes daily cycling according to the protocol to get maximum firmness in the erection?

Joe

PC Newbie

Postby PC Newbie » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:03 pm

Appreciate the input.

A little more input on my situation and an update.

I should probably put this in my Sig, but I did NOT have the surgery done scrotally. Given that, I did not expect the scrotum to be particularly sensitive. Although I certainly had a lot of black bruising.

Another interesting point about my sensitivity...The pump pressure points are perpendicular to my body, not horizontal. When I am squeezing it, it only is painful on the left side, but not at all on the right side. As well I can use my left hand and index finger and pinch the left side of the sack and get no pain or sensitivity. So this is why it seems maybe the epiditimys might be running over the left side of the pump.

This week I have been successful beinug this pump lower, and have been trying to manipulate it to get the cord off (if in fact that Is the issue). I need to be patient and continue the quest.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:44 pm

My pump hangs low in my scrotum. Easy to access now and pump until pump is impossible to press anymore. Deflation getting easier and absolutely no pain. :) AMS 700 CX goes from 5 flaccid to 7 erect. My wife and I are quite pleased. 8-)
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Return to “Implants”