Type of anesthesia was used for your implants

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
REM1947

Type of anesthesia was used for your implants

Postby REM1947 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:10 pm

I am have a AMS 700LGFX implant put in next week at VA Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA. Unlike a lot of you guys, I will not meet my surgeon, Dr. Rusilko (UPMS Pittsburgh) until day of surgery, Wed. Sept. 7th). Eight more days and I am looking so forward to having this done. At 68 years old, I should have had it done 30 years ago.

MARKOS2018

Re: Type of anesthesia was used for your implants

Postby MARKOS2018 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:05 pm

I didn't know how I was going to go out and met with my doctor many times. When i was on the operating table, Dr asked me how I wanted to go out? I set knock me out don't want to see or feel. GENERAL!!! Anesthesiologist chimed in for the epidural. I said no to that cause i didn't want to be needled in the back. I had quite a discussion over it with those two and finally i relented.

Good luck to you.

PS I had an aortic valve replacement awhile back. My roommate at the hospital never saw the doctor since he was a special interest case..blind
and he came out very good. Don't you worry.

Rod
Titan implanted by Dr Eid Due to Peyronies, Implant was the only option for me.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:15 pm

After my procedure, I asked Dr. Kramer what anesthesia was used. He said he really didn't know, that he leaves that decision up to the anesthesiologist I wanted to know because it had worked so well for me, with no aftereffects, and I was later facing cardiac surgery and was hoping for the same kind of outcome. In any case, when I awoke after my aortic valve replacement I had no aftereffects from that anesthesia either. I remembered vividly being sick as a dog following surgery when I was a kid and I sure didn't want a repeat of that. Modern anesthesia is a whole lot better than back in the dark ages.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

REM1947

Postby REM1947 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:31 pm

Thanks Rod! I am not so nervous about it, more curious and a little concerned. I had a total knee replacement and the anesthesiologist used an epidermal, going into operating room I told him I could still feel my knee and he said, "No problem, No problem!" They found out there was a problem when the surgeon cut into my knee and a nurse later told me I raised up off the table and it took four of them to hold me down till they could put me under. Lucky for me, did not remember any of it. But when I woke up in recovery I had the worse pain of my life and they got the pain under control in a few minutes. That is a pain I will remember the rest of my life and it has been over ten years since the operation. Problem was that I have had to two lower back operations and the scaring caused the epidermal not to work. Anesthesiologist got fired, my surgeon was pissed that it happened.
I have made a list of questions to ask the surgeon and the anesthesiologist.
I wished my WordPerfect program would correct the spelling like this program, it is great!
I'll do my best to find out or remember every thing about the operation and post it later.
Thanks for taking your time to reply to me. My best to you.

roninhouston

Postby roninhouston » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:14 pm

My Operative Report said.......

ANESTEHESIA: General endothacheal anesthesia
Bionic with AMS CX on August 14, 2015. Inflated September 15th by Dr. Robert Cornell.
Was 69 with VL
. Pre-Op VED Protocol Therapy and Post-Op VED Protocol Therapy: Pre-Op length by 6th month.

David_R

Postby David_R » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:08 pm

I wanted to be asleep when my implant was inserted because if I were awake and knew that people down there were measuring my penis, I would have died from embarrassment! :oops:

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:33 pm

I'm understand. I wanted to be out. They offered spinal or general and I chose general.

MARKOS2018

Postby MARKOS2018 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:51 am

Wasup

I wish i had insisted on the general.

Rod
Titan implanted by Dr Eid Due to Peyronies, Implant was the only option for me.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:06 am

I must have had both.....i know i had a "spinal", but i'm sure i was not awake.....good luck....it's absolutely worth it!!!!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:06 pm

I talked to my surgeon yesterday and he said that it took longer to come out of spinal than it did for the surgery so he only uses general.
71. ED for about 10+ years to one extent or another. Implanted 9/14/2016 AMS CX 18+3 Fl/ Ky

Return to “Implants”