Type of anesthesia was used for your implants

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
REM1947

Re: Type of anesthesia was used for your implants

Postby REM1947 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:10 pm

Thanks, guys for all of your replies. I was to have my surgery next Wednesday, Sept. 7th and yesterday my resident surgeon call me and said she made a mistake with scheduling the operating room and had to change my operation to Oct. 3rd. Got moved to the end of the line. HeHe
Oh, well, gives me more time to work with my pump to see if I can get some of my length back since I have not had an erection in over a year.
I am so glad I found this web site.
If I can be awake and listen to the operation or if they could set up a monitor so I could watch, I would love it! Had a clean out on my knee and my surgeon let me watch since I wanted too. Unfortunately I will not find out any answers until the day of my surgery. But I will ask them. Have a list of questions for my surgeon and anesthesiologist on my word processor that I will print and take with me.
Great bunch of guys here on this web site and I am so glad to be part of the group.
Bob

REM1947

Postby REM1947 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:43 pm

Thanks guys for all your comments. An update. My surgery was scheduled for yesterday, got a phone call from resident surgeon on last Saturday, and she told me that she made a mistake in booking to operating room. :? She had to reschedule my surgery, not Oct. 3. :( (VA, move to the end of the line! :lol: )
Told her that I had been using my pump (vacuum that is), and asked if it would hurt to continue to do so. She said it would not hurt but she doubted if it would help much. I am going to continue to use the pump, a little is better than nothing. I can not complain about the VA, been with them for over nine years, they have taken care of me, I am a disabled vet, and in my area service from what I have seen is great. Hopefully the resident will learn from this and not make the same mistake in the future. I will update this as I learn more or if things should change.
Bob :D

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:07 am

sevofluorane to put me under and then some others as I hate needles. They did this as I requested. Worked great.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:27 am

Below is what I was given and it worked great. I asked for this info and this is what I was sent. No after effects, not sick and two deep breaths and your out while they place IV as I have fear of them.

You received general anesthesia via endo tracheal tube. Sevoflurane inhaled anesthetic. Pain was controlled with Fentanyl and intravenous Acetaminophen. Zofran for antiemetic. I hope this helps...please know every surgery is different and there really is no "magic cocktail". Delivery times of the meds and the surgical conditions are always different which require tailoring each anesthetic to the individual situation.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:09 pm

the question regarding spinal versus general anesthetic has come up again. Here are my thoughts:

I had spinal.

Pros:
easier for a surgeon to do a good job since penis is engorged when under spinal
no pain after surgery because spinal wears off slowly (the pain will then gradually build six hours after surgery)

Cons:
you need a non-contorted spine so that they can easily do the spinal injection
your time in recovery room will take longer (maybe an hour longer) since the spinal slowly wears off, and you will slowly regain your muscle power to walk.

By the way:
Your memory and consciousness during the procedure should be zero with either spinal or general, provided they sedate you enough during spinal. Any anesthesiologist worth their salt will have you way sedated such that you will be unconscious. For me, I barely remember getting my dick scrubbed (my last memory) and then waking up in the recovery room to the wonderful Dr Eid telling me that he was able to put in a 22 cm Titan.

In summary:
either spinal or general are just fine, so do what your surgeon and anesthesiologist recommend
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

treetop

Postby treetop » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:03 pm

TANGERINE wrote:the question regarding spinal versus general anesthetic has come up again. Here are my thoughts:

I had spinal.

Pros:
easier for a surgeon to do a good job since penis is engorged when under spinal
no pain after surgery because spinal wears off slowly (the pain will then gradually build six hours after surgery)

Cons:
you need a non-contorted spine so that they can easily do the spinal injection
your time in recovery room will take longer (maybe an hour longer) since the spinal slowly wears off, and you will slowly regain your muscle power to walk.

By the way:
Your memory and consciousness during the procedure should be zero with either spinal or general, provided they sedate you enough during spinal. Any anesthesiologist worth their salt will have you way sedated such that you will be unconscious. For me, I barely remember getting my dick scrubbed (my last memory) and then waking up in the recovery room to the wonderful Dr Eid telling me that he was able to put in a 22 cm Titan.

In summary:
either spinal or general are just fine, so do what your surgeon and anesthesiologist recommend

Tangerine.. Thank you for that!! I don't care what they use, as long as I am out and don't have to experience anything in the surgery. I want to see Dr. EID, and will let them decide. As long as I am not awake :)...
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending Medicare in 2024 (I turn 65) -- I am now in planning stages.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Mon May 01, 2017 12:24 am

I think Kramer has an incredible anesthesiologist based on what Ive read. I cant recall anyone complaining of post anesthesia sickness or disorientation with him. Then again, I may not have seen the people who had these problems.

Personally, I am terrified of anesthesia awareness, or whatever that shit is called when you become concious during the surgery but you cant move at all. Im going to ask Kramer if his anesthesiologist will use general and local, that way if I become aware during surgery, then the local will still have the area numb.

But, most good hospitals have advanced monitoring software that can detect if you become aware during your general anesthesia. Im willing to bet the kramer team uses it.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

treetop

Postby treetop » Mon May 01, 2017 1:22 pm

Cnidium wrote:I think Kramer has an incredible anesthesiologist based on what Ive read. I cant recall anyone complaining of post anesthesia sickness or disorientation with him. Then again, I may not have seen the people who had these problems.

Personally, I am terrified of anesthesia awareness, or whatever that shit is called when you become concious during the surgery but you cant move at all. Im going to ask Kramer if his anesthesiologist will use general and local, that way if I become aware during surgery, then the local will still have the area numb.

But, most good hospitals have advanced monitoring software that can detect if you become aware during your general anesthesia. Im willing to bet the kramer team uses it.

WOW... I was fine until you brought that up... now some movie comes to mind haha.
Yes, they do 100's... so I am sure they make sure of that. But thanks for those thoughts... Makes my day more entertaining.. haha.
TT
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending Medicare in 2024 (I turn 65) -- I am now in planning stages.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

Return to “Implants”