About to join the BIONIC world

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
billybob5898

Re: About to join the BIONIC world

Postby billybob5898 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:32 am

Hi Hockey,
Hope that the surgery went ok. I know that your sore but that wont last all that long or so I have heard. What kind of implant did you get. Keep intouch I am hopeing to get mine before the end of the year. mine will be the LGX 700

hockey

Postby hockey » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:17 am

I skipped a day in my recovery journey.

This is day #5.

Really nothing new to report. Swelling is going down slow but sure.

Stitches itch something crazy. :lol: You just can't scratch them. Even a little bit. :shock:

Setting in a hard chair is not real comfortable. Having your dick hard 24/7 creates
it's own set of problems. I am learning to deal with them rather slowly I am afraid.

I have a doctors appointment next Monday hopefully I can get rid of the stitches
and point this thing in a different direction. :oops:

Ne regrets so far at all! :mrgreen:

More later friends.
67 yr's young. Loving wife and 4 children 7 grandchildren. Type II diabetic for 9 years. Could retire but love my job and the people I work for. Pills, Pumps & Injections all failed. Implanted on 9/2/11. I am now "Bionic":)

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:42 pm

Hock;

Glad to hear things are progressing and you remain feisty! Just think in a few weeks you can point him in any direction and go for it. . .

We are all so glad you don't have regrets and are recovering well. Just think- it's cooler in Northern Indiana, you are pampered by the Mrs. and you remain hard for an extreme period of time- the first occurrence in years. Life is becoming good. . .

Keep us posted, as you know, you are the first member of the clan to have a rod implant so your progress is of great interest to all of us.

Enjoy the lake views my good man!

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

hockey

Postby hockey » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:43 am

Today is day 6 since surgery!

I must admit I am more tender today than just about any other day.
All of the swelling is gone. Just the head and stitches are really tender. So much so today
I am free balling it. (No underwear) Silky smooth nylon shorts today. I feel if the stitches were out my problems would be solved.
Just don't see my doctor until next Monday. I'll make it.
No pain meds at all including aspirin.
I stopped all Vicodin yesterday. May be the reason why I am more tender than usual.

Bruising looks much better today. Actually it has always looked worse than it really was.

My wife thinks the bruising looks gross. But, to her a bleeding pin prick is like an amputation.

I haven't said much about how supportive my wife has been. I think that is extremely important from the
get go. Mine has been there all the way. She may have had more influence than a lot of women on just what
type of implant I chose but because we made this decision together I get full and total support. For that I am very grateful.

The decision to get the implant is really yours and yours alone but a loving and supportive partner makes the journey so much
more enjoyable. Having her on your side along with the best urologist/surgeon you can find and getting ALL the information from
every source available makes for a positive outcome. We all want that.

I have filed this diary almost daily just so you can help fill in those blanks or questions you may have. I will continue until
I can put this thing I call a dick into actual use for something besides a bladder spigot.
Until the next time!
67 yr's young. Loving wife and 4 children 7 grandchildren. Type II diabetic for 9 years. Could retire but love my job and the people I work for. Pills, Pumps & Injections all failed. Implanted on 9/2/11. I am now "Bionic":)

antelope

Postby antelope » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:54 am

Hey Hock,

Mrs. Hockey sounds like a real sweetheart. Maybe you should suggest that she kiss your booboo (several times) and make it well. Those stitches might just pop right out. Just sayin'.

I'm glad you're feeling better; just don't try to rush it. The 3 ways to recover from any surgery are: rest, rest, and rest.

Look forward to your next post.

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

hockey

Postby hockey » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:39 pm

Today was day seven since my implant.

Took a short trip with my wife of about 1oo miles. Don't think I should have done that.
Setting became very uncomfortable to say the least. :oops:

You just don't know what to do with this hard thing sticking out front! No real place to put it
while you drive down the highway. Going wasn't to bad. It was the return trip that pushed
the limit.

Mostly the stitches getting rubbed wrong :evil: . New cotton underwear has helped. :o

Back in my recliner and all is well! :)

Enjoy your week-end I am going to enjoy mine relaxing! :D

hockey

Postby hockey » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:59 pm

Day #8
I finally grabbed the bull (so to speak) by the horn and bent the thing so the stitches
are not rubbing my underwear.

Proud to report instant relief!

Nothing new at all to report.

Back to my relaxing recliner!

hockey

Postby hockey » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:15 am

Had my first follow-up with my doctor following my implant.
I was hoping to get rid of my stitches but was informed
they will comeout all by themselves. Oh Boy! :shock:

He said everything looked great while he was admiring his handy work.
He also said he would see me again in 5 weeks and we can put in back in service at
that time. Now that will be a day worth look foward to. :lol:

I would never have a problem in giving him the highest recommendation
possible. Everyone up and down the line have been exstremely professional.

antelope

Postby antelope » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:03 pm

Great news! Thanks for posting.
Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

hockey

Postby hockey » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:18 am

Day #12 in my recovery with the implant.

Stitches are just about totally desolved! I am being very patient
about using this thing for what it is intended.

My loving wife says I better do what the doctor said.
That kind of takes any real desire to see if it will work
away because at this stage she is in charge regardless
of my desire. I think she is showing a lot of restraint and
that will make activation day very exciting!

Everything looks great and feels absolutely fantastic!
It is still a work in progress getting use to wood 24/7!
So many years going without is really a very good problem to have.

Return to “Implants”