About to join the BIONIC world

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
hockey

About to join the BIONIC world

Postby hockey » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:57 am

Today I start the process of going bionic. :D
I have a meeting with my Doctor/Uro/Surgeon this afternoon. We will be discussing
the plan. I have a tentative date for surgery of 9/2/11. :mrgreen:

I will keep you up to date.
67 yr's young. Loving wife and 4 children 7 grandchildren. Type II diabetic for 9 years. Could retire but love my job and the people I work for. Pills, Pumps & Injections all failed. Implanted on 9/2/11. I am now "Bionic":)

antelope

Re: About to join the BIONIC world

Postby antelope » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:52 am

Woohoo!
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:31 am

YES!!!! congrats

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:32 am

Now the decision of which one, AMS or coloplast. I got the AMS LGX 1/11 this year and I think it suits me fine. Others on this site that got the titan seem equally happy. THe main difference might boil down to how you want to look and feel when it is flacid. I felt the LGX mimicked my orginal, ie small(er) when flacid and more flexible. However, now I rarely go to the extra effort to squeeze it completly empty to achieve that state. So, now I don't think that makes as much difference. I do think that selecting the proper size is important and that might be accomplished better by your doctor if he is installing the brand he is most familiar with. I don't know if that's realy true but it could be. My doctor did a great job getting the length right and the girth is what i asked for. You may want to consider going larger in girth, my doc wanted me to do this but I declined. This is a big step for anybody to take, I still can't believe I actually did this. My scrotum was small, I thought and i worried about the large pump being added, people here and my doc said don't worry, they were right. The thing is comfortable and has been since about a month post implant.
Good luck and we'll be looking forward to reading about your proceedure.
Ron
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

hockey

Postby hockey » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:44 am

hockey wrote:Today I start the process of going bionic. :D
I have a meeting with my Doctor/Uro/Surgeon this afternoon. We will be discussing
the plan. I have a tentative date for surgery of 9/2/11. :mrgreen:

I will keep you up to date.

I have been informed by Doctor prefers the Titan. I have total faith in him.
Whatever he recommends is OK by me!
67 yr's young. Loving wife and 4 children 7 grandchildren. Type II diabetic for 9 years. Could retire but love my job and the people I work for. Pills, Pumps & Injections all failed. Implanted on 9/2/11. I am now "Bionic":)

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:49 pm

Hock:

Congrats and best of luck! Although I'm not bionic, the guys here who have gone over seem to smile a lot when they type about their new-found status. It is a great step and a new world of adventure awaits. Who will do the surgery, if we may ask?

Keep us posted. Let us know how you proceed and do the pic thing if you feel adventurous. They do assist others in removing the mystery.

Best,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

hockey

Postby hockey » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:34 pm

Regain

My Doctor is Christopher Steidle, Northeast Indiana Urology. 2512 E. Dupont Rd. Suite 100 Fort Wayne, IN 46825
Just a fantastic individual. Very caring and understanding.

I have absolutely no problem giving him a the highest recommendation.
I have known him for 30 years. Quality surgeon!
He has been treating my low T for about 4 years.
Well worth the trip from Indy.

hockey

Postby hockey » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:40 am

I get my implant this Friday 9/2/11. :D
I am nervous? You bet! :roll:
Am I scared? Not hardly! ;)

After much thinking, talking and information searching it looks
like I will be going with with the malleable semi-ridged implants. :roll:

My Doctor, in consultations along with my wife, :mrgreen: have convienced me that should be
the way I should go. I am not 100% sold on it but I am comfortable with my
decision. All things considered like my general health and previous experience
with surgery have left me with really no other choice. I have the next 10 days off
in which to recover. My Doctor feels I should be able to return to my job without
any big problems after that amount of time. Actually he said 2 or 3 days but I just
took the whole week after Labor Day because I had the time to burn. He also said I should be able to use it in 4 to 6 weeks. That will be a great day, for sure.

I will be happy to keep you all up to date with my progress.

I hope you all have a very enjoyable Holiday week-end!

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:00 am

Good luck with the surgery. Im sure you will be fine. Do keep us posted. This would be me. :mrgreen:

Cajun jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:34 pm

Hock:

By this time you may well have become bionic!! Trust it went well and let the healing begin! Let us know when you feel like it your status.

We all wish you the best.

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

Return to “Implants”