Flexibility in sizing.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Flexibility in sizing.

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:31 am

Flexibility in sizing

Is the AMS 700 LGX forgiving of under or over sizing? Since it is purported to increase in length when inflated, I wonder.

I expect that the AMS 700 LGX, having some length expansion during inflation, would be amenable to a small bit of oversizing without risk of glans erosion as long as the patient scrupulously avoids aggressive inflation. I opine this would allow for the possibility of regaining lost penile elasticity over the months and years following implantation. Is my thinking correct?

I also expect the AMS 700 LGX to be adaptable to a small degree of undersizing without risk of "floppy head syndrome". Is my thinking correct on this matter?

My surgeon is tending to favor this model and I have a tentative surgery date of Sep 19, so I yearn for any information I can get to inform my discussion with him in the pre-op converence next Wednesday.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

KarlB1706

Re: Flexibility in sizing.

Postby KarlB1706 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:52 pm

I have had two AMS 700LGX models implanted. I had floppy head syndrome with my first implant, as ends were not placed very far in the head. When Dr. Gross implanted the second one he used one 5cm larger than the last one and it is placed approximately 3/4 quarters of the way in the head of my penis. I do not have floppy head syndrome anymore, and my length has increased by approximately one inch to a inch and a half. My erect length is a little over 6 and a half inches. Girth is quite a bit larger. Do not have a tape measure to measure the girth but I can tell it larger. So I would talk to your doctor about your concerns and maybe contact someone near you who has had an implant inserted by the same doctor and get their opinions.

Karl
69 yrs old retired, first implant in 2009, second implant AMS 700 LGX implanted August 2015, Dallas, TX area

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:27 am

KarlB1706 wrote:I have had two AMS 700LGX models implanted. I had floppy head syndrome with my first implant, as ends were not placed very far in the head. When Dr. Gross implanted the second one he used one 5cm larger than the last one and it is placed approximately 3/4 quarters of the way in the head of my penis. I do not have floppy head syndrome anymore, and my length has increased by approximately one inch to a inch and a half. My erect length is a little over 6 and a half inches. Girth is quite a bit larger. Do not have a tape measure to measure the girth but I can tell it larger. So I would talk to your doctor about your concerns and maybe contact someone near you who has had an implant inserted by the same doctor and get their opinions.

Karl

Thanks. In Anchorage, my choices are limited and the Veteran's Administration does not make it any easier. My surgeon does attest he sizes "aggresively" and I am hoping that the LGX with its greather length increase upon inflation will compensate for any fitting discrepancies. I hate to depend on "slop" in fittting, though.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

KarlB1706

Postby KarlB1706 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:32 pm

Ah Anchorage was in the Air Force up there 50 years ago now. I inflate and deflate twice a day since my surgery last year that helps a lot with gaining back length. The girth will just come naturally with inflation. Good luck and hope you are relatively pain free.

Karl
69 yrs old retired, first implant in 2009, second implant AMS 700 LGX implanted August 2015, Dallas, TX area

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:24 am

This article makes interesting reading.

http://file.scirp.org/pdf/ASM_2013012514045982.pdf

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Leek65

Postby Leek65 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:44 am

I did not do any of the prep work in the article which may be part of the reason for my unsatisfactory results. My surgeon did use the LGX but after several years of no erections my penis, never more than 5 inches at best (probably less,) reached the point where fully inflated with the inplant I barely make 4 inches which kind of limits options in the bedroom. When I stretch it out it seems he could probably have let the tips extend further into the glans but not enough to justify another procedure. With the frustration the frequency over the past year has not been what I (or the Mrs.) had hoped for. On the plus side if I lost weight (I an 6- feet 235) losing some fat down there would probably increase my length some. :oops:
Age 68 - AMS LGX 12+2cm. Lost over an inch from pre-ED length but thicker for what it's worth (not much). ED result of heart meds.

Return to “Implants”