Penis Color Change

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dirtman1993

Penis Color Change

Postby dirtman1993 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:43 pm

I had surgery March 2nd and nothing has been a surprise till now. About two weeks ago I notice a change in the color of an area of my penis. I sent an email with photo to my doctors and he placed me on Augmentin as he thought I has some type of skin infection along with another pill that treat Fungal problem. That pill caused me to vomit for five hours so it was stopped and kept on the Augmentin. Saw my local doctor and she had me add another week on the Augmentin. The photos below show one about two to three months after implant, the next one will show the first time I noticed and last is today. I will be posting one more photos to follow showing a partial inflation about two or so months after surgery.

Has anyone else run into something like this?

Below is the info from Dr. Kramer
Yes- I do see that redness there. I think it's a bit of a skin cellulitis, maybe a small skin fungal infection from the summer heat/moisture getting trapped around there.

I'd probably suggest just taking an aggressive stance early on- maybe overkill but can't hurt to hit it strong.

So my recommendations are:
1. Augmentin 875mg twice per day for 1 week
2. Fluconazole 200mg twice per day for 1 week
Attachments
IMG_1021.jpg
Today, deflated
IMG_1021.jpg (31.84 KiB) Viewed 3077 times
IMG_1020 copy.jpg
Today, partial inflate
IMG_1020 copy.jpg (54.08 KiB) Viewed 3077 times
IMG_0968 (1)-3.jpg
First Showed up
IMG_0968 (1)-3.jpg (24.39 KiB) Viewed 3077 times
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

dirtman1993

Re: Penis Color Change

Postby dirtman1993 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:46 pm

Here is the two+ month photo and if anyone has seen something like this, let me know. As you can see, I usually have some are of pink skin around the head but it enlarged a great bit. Not sure if the implant is causing and looking for help.
Attachments
Two Months.jpg
Two Months.jpg (48.91 KiB) Viewed 3077 times
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:12 pm

I had something similar after getting implanted. Mine was on the shaft on the underside. I used jock itch spray and clomitrozole cream and it went away in a week or two.

oddjob

Postby oddjob » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:28 pm

Dirtman...looks like a skin infection to me...take the meds like the doc prescribed...antibiotics should knock it down within 7-10 days...!
Implanted with AMS 700 LGX on July 29, 2016 by Dr. Stackhouse Tripler Army Medical Center
59 yr old type II diabetic with artificial aortic heart valve

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:25 pm

I hope it's nothing major Dirtman!

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:58 am

Here is today’s photo (not inflated) and back to where I started. Not sure what to do. Have been on Augmentin almost two weeks and it comes and goes. Any suggestions? I am to send photo to Dr. Sandra Farland when pills are gone and that will be Tuesday as she added 10 days to your order. Would a Dermatologist be my next step or could the implant be causing? Could you share with a Dematologist there and see what they think is going on.

Still searching for an answer and will be going back to Winston to see my local doctor so she can provide further guidance. I think a Dermatologist will be next.

Will keep everyone updated
Attachments
IMG_1024.jpg
IMG_1024.jpg (23.23 KiB) Viewed 2928 times

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:25 pm

I SENT TODAYS PHOTOS TO DR. KRAMER AND BELOW IS HIS RESPONSE.

Still discoloration?

If all else is ok, I'm inclined to say leave well enough alone. Perhaps it just doesn't mean anything, so the answer for now is enjoy the implant- if no other symptoms just go on with life, see what happens. I'm personally perplexed- but I don't think it's worrisome. Just my 2 cents

I WILL SEEING A DERMATOLOGIST AT WAKE FOREST JUST TO BE SAFE AND WILL END UP GETTING BLOOD DRAWN FOR A WHITE COUNT TO VERIFY NO INFECTION. I DO HATE NEEDLES. WILL UPDATE AS I LEARN MORE FOR OTHERS.

firstcav46

Postby firstcav46 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:17 pm

I had something similar, but mine occurred about 10 months after my implant surgery. The redness was near, but not on the head. One urologist misdiagnosed it as a fungal infection, and prescribed a cream that only aggravated it. When I returned, he gave me a cursory look and declared, "I'm not a skin man", effectively blowing me off. So, I dropped him and sought the opinion of a second urologist. He said put nothing on, and return in six weeks. By then, the condition had cleared up. I've had no more problems.
71. Married 35 yrs to sexy woman; ED at 62; pills/injections eventual fails; AMS implant 5/29/14 (Dr. Milam); yr later - severe burning, pain around shaft on inflation. Remove & replace with Coloplast Titan 10/18/17 (Dr. Kramer).
Auburn, Ala.

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:03 pm

Good news dirtman! :D

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:04 pm

Thanks for the info as I am seeing a doctor in Winston next Wed. (skin doctor) and she can tell me what is going on. Much of the color has left and looks like I me lucky and it will leave on its own. Will update after next week when I see her.

Return to “Implants”