Reservior Bulge

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
oddjob

Reservior Bulge

Postby oddjob » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:58 pm

Hey All

55 yr old /200 lb. male here with an AMS LGX...had surgery on 29 July and am going on three weeks post-op...most of the pain and swelling have dissipated...with one exception...the reservoir was placed on my left side (lower groin) and the rather large, unnatural bulge has not gone down at all...I hate to be focused on the look of the reservoir, but it really sticks out...

I am on the lean side and the surgeon did tell me she used the "slim-model" reservoir due to my lean build...

Is this now my new normal or in your experience, will the reservoir bulge go away and be less noticeable over time?

Oddjob
Implanted with AMS 700 LGX on July 29, 2016 by Dr. Stackhouse Tripler Army Medical Center
59 yr old type II diabetic with artificial aortic heart valve

RugbyDave

Re: Reservior Bulge

Postby RugbyDave » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:20 am

Oddjob

Similar build to you with an LGX700 implanted 3 years ago.

I have never seen or felt the reservoir, in fact I'm not even sure which side it's on. Perhaps they do it differently here in the UK but my understanding is that the reservoir is placed down inside the pelvis.

Dave
Diagnosed at 49 with PC - Biopsy Gleason 3+4=7
Radical Prostatectomy 14/07/08 - PSA now undetectable
ED since op
Implanted with AMS 700LGX - 26/07/13 @ UCLH London
http://rugbydave.blogspot.co.uk

roninhouston

Postby roninhouston » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:40 pm

Go see your doctor. My reservoir is behind the pubic bone.
Bionic with AMS CX on August 14, 2015. Inflated September 15th by Dr. Robert Cornell.
Was 69 with VL
. Pre-Op VED Protocol Therapy and Post-Op VED Protocol Therapy: Pre-Op length by 6th month.

oddjob

Postby oddjob » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:22 pm

Thanks for the quick reply 's

I had a follow up with my surgeon today...she assured me the reservoir was placed higher and deeper than I initially believed...in fact it's placement is such that it can't be felt by hand/finger palpating.

The bulge is nothing more than post-op swelling and will go away with time...

I am so relieved right now...my wife went with me to the appt and we both are looking forward to the six week mark to see how everything works...!
Implanted with AMS 700 LGX on July 29, 2016 by Dr. Stackhouse Tripler Army Medical Center

David_R

Postby David_R » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:55 am

oddjob wrote:it can't be felt by hand/finger palpating.

I've never been able to feel my reservoir either.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:30 am

I can feel mine and just followed the round hard spot (base of penis) and felt one of the tubes going down. The reservoir is also on the left side and no big deal. I am not on the thin side and very happy with everything. If you are married your wife should be happy that you took this step to continue your love life no matter what is felt as during sex I don't think you will be thinking about the slight bump caused by the reservoir. Go enjoy have that forever erection.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

oddjob

Postby oddjob » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:49 pm

Dirtman

Thanks for the input...I have been following your journey...very impressive and thanks for sharing with all of us!

Joe

Return to “Implants”