My Turn! (many years lurking)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DougYetii

My Turn! (many years lurking)

Postby DougYetii » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:33 pm

After many years of frustration (you know the drill), I am scheduled to be implanted by Dr. Garber in Philadelphia on September 6. I am very excited and a bit worried. I am concerned with loss of size, like all of you. I am putting my trust in the hands of what I understand to be one of the best (and he's on my insurance!). He also offered to release my ligs for any added length that can be freed. I am somewhat skeptical of the ligament step, but I am putting my trust in Dr. Garber. My hope is to lose nothing in the end and I'll take anything I can gain. I hear that the Coloplast Titan is both an excellent implant, but also great on girth. I am not blessed with length, but I am 6.5" in girth. Any of you girthier guys here experience sufficient girth from the Titan?

Thanks and I'll post my results.
Implanted 9/6/2016 by Bruce Garber
Titan 22cm with 1.5 tips.
lost 3/4 inch, gained it back over the year. Currently 6.5l by 6.25g.

Best decision ever!

hard drive

Re: My Turn! (many years lurking)

Postby hard drive » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:17 pm

Unless you want your penis point almost straight down all the time (even when erect) don't let him mess with the ligaments.

You won't gain anything other than disappointment and regret. Mine was done and finally after more than a year I found someone to correct/repair it. I didn't ask for mine to be altered, it was done without consent. Worst result ever...

Don't do it...
harddrive

DougYetii

Postby DougYetii » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:23 pm

Hi Hard, thanks for the response. I read your saga and it really sucked! I'm glad you got it sorted. Insofar as your doc seemed pretty inept all around, do you think a top 5 high volume guy could do it right? Is there a right? I am skeptical myself, but length is sooooo tempting!

Anyone have feeback on the girth questions?

Best decision ever!

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:18 pm

During my long decision process (~3 years) regarding the implant I literally never gave one second's thought to loss of length. I had not yet joined FrankTalk and didn't even know loss of length was a possible concern - I don't recall Dr. Kramer mentioning it and I certainly never brought it up. I was only interested in hard, and I got that. As it happened I didn't lose any length, but in my case it didn't matter anyway.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

DougYetii

Postby DougYetii » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:29 pm

Excellent point! That is the holy grail.

Best decision ever!

merrix

Postby merrix » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:45 pm

I don't know anything about the ligament part.
But I do know about length outcome with a Titan and a good surgeon.
I was 16 cm on an average day before surgery. On pills. A bad (semi-)day I was 15.5 and a super good once-in-ten day I was 16.5.
Now, eight months after surgery I am 17-17.5.
My girth has remained unchanged.

So if there are any conclusions regarding size to be drawn by my case - it is that you will not lose length if your doc does it right.

In my case, Eid first inserted 22 cm cylinders without RTEs. After inflating (during surgery) he thought there was room for moore and inserted 1 cm RTE. After another inflation, he still thought there was room for moore and took the 22 cm Implant out, threw it in the bin and inserted a 24 cm implant without any RTE. He found that to be just on the borderline of oversizing and actually told me afterwards he had some concerns. But apparently he made the perfect choice. My length has slowly been increasing month by month after surgery.
This is the difference you get with a great surgeon I think. A low-volume guy would most likely just have settled for the first setup and never had the option of taking an implant out, throw it in the bin and insert another one.

Worth mentioning is also that the downside with all the replacement etc during surgery was quite bad bleeding and hence a way beyond normal painful and long recovery time. On the other hand, I happily took that. 2-3 painful weeks is a cheap price for a perfect result.

And finally I'd like to second dg moore.
Now it turned out I gained size, which I am happy for, but before surgery I honestly said that size was not the major issue. If I could have a successful outcome (no infection, concealed pump placement, no floppy head, keep orgasm ability and sensitivity, nice 2:30 erect angle, etc), then I could take a 1 cm shorter dick. After all, it is true that a short spike hard dick is better than a long limp one. There's no way around that. And sometimes we just can't have it all...

So my advice is: Don't take any risks because of risk to lose length. Pick a good doc (which you probably have) and trust that he doesn't have an off-day on your day. You should lose minimum or no length if he gets it right.
Last edited by merrix on Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

midwestman

Postby midwestman » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:38 pm

A friend suggested I come in on your post as pre-surgery on a good day I was 6-1/4" girth and 7-1/4"long measured to the pubic bone. I was a year and two months out from prostate surgery when I had the implant and I had used the pump to try to maintain size while I waited for an natural erections to return- none ever did. I got a AMS 700 series LGX in December 2015. My surgeon was a local urologist that specializes in implants. I went to a seminar he had at his office and the AMS rep was there. I talked to him after the seminar and bluntly asked him about his good the doc was compared to others that do a lot. He said that my doc was in the top 1% in Michigan for AMS.

As many have said, "your mileage may vary". After surgery, I had to wait 4 weeks before first inflation. Even then it was still painful to inflate but I did inflate to where I couldn't squeeze the ball any more so I could measure myself. Length was 5", girth was 5". I was quite disappointed. However, since everyone said wait, I waited. I am now 8 months out from surgery and I inflate every day for at least 45 minutes while I am in the hot tub. I still always feel the stretch when I fully inflate so I know that I am still gaining in length/girth. Today I am 5-1/2" girth and an at 6-1/2" length. When I pump up I am hard as a rock, my wife can attest to that, she would tell you I feel great, and THAT'S what counts to me. IMHO, your result from surgery has a lot to do with your body's reaction to no erections for whatever period of time, and how much you retain either naturally or from pumping. Your surgeon can only work with what's there, none of them can do miracles and make you like you were if tissues have shrunk or contacted. That's why an implant that gains in length and girth is, in my opinion, the best option. That's my two cents for the day.

DougYetii

Postby DougYetii » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:34 am

Thank you all for your replies! I have not had any shrinkage over the yaers. Im making this move now to avoid that. I guess I just need to chill and not try to micro analyze this. Pre surgery jitters I suppose. Thanks again!

Best decision ever!

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:13 pm

merrix wrote:... Pick a good doc (which you probably have) and trust that he doesn't have an off-day on your day.... You should lose minimum or no length if he gets it right.

Dr. Garber has many favorable comments here on FT, and I don't recall seeing any negative.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Return to “Implants”