Diary after Surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
redbullmaster

Diary after Surgery

Postby redbullmaster » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:54 pm

I'm scheduled in for surgery on Friday, just some random questions before I go in.

I've had two surgery's on my penis before for a curve, so I've lost some size.
I been using a traction device and VED to restore the lost size.

On Friday is it safe to pump and stretch before surgery, as my erection is about 6 inches to 6.5 depending on if I've pumped.
When I use a traction device it stretches to about 7.8 inches about 7.3 cold stretching.

This is with soft glands and my penis is never fully hard so I'm guessing/ hoping my natural size is closer to 7 than 6 inches.

Obviously I want my penis at its most stretches so I can have the biggest implant, to maxim size. ( I know ego)

But is this safe to do this or am I risking the implant going though my glands once my penis starts to loss its elasticity.

I'm not sure if the implant with give me an erection I'm happy with, as I know I will still have soft glans.
But I'm hoping the implant will give me some added support to the glans, if its implanted properly?

For recovery what would you guys recommend I should get into the home.

For my other surgeries, I didn't suffer with much pain or discomfort.
But I'm guessing ice packs are a good idea.

I've got about for weeks off work for recovery, hopefully things will be back to almost normal by the time I return.
Not a physical job so should be ok once I do return.

Hoping I can start light exercise about two weeks after surgery, Mainly walking and then swimming about 4 weeks after surgery.

I'm having a titan implanted, if I get a 7inch erection with it for example.
Is it 7 inch's soft or does it grow from 5 to 7?

As what I've read, I know the titan gives better girth/hardness than the LGX.

What other things should I be a aware off, or should be thinking about at this stage?

Thank guys for any help
Last edited by redbullmaster on Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jimbruski

Re: Questions before surgery

Postby Jimbruski » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:12 pm

I'm going in for surgery in December and I have the same concerns as you do. I'll be watching for responses.
Regardless, good luck to you!!

My doctor told me that whatever you can stretch while flaccid is what your implant length will be.

Jimbruski
Implant December 1, 2016; AMS 700 CX 18cm x 12 mm +3.5 cm rte. 69 years old, married 43 years.
ED for 8 years, Peyronies for 3 years.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:21 pm

Jimbruski wrote:I'm going in for surgery in December and I have the same concerns as you do. I'll be watching for responses.
Regardless, good luck to you!!

My doctor told me that whatever you can stretch while flaccid is what your implant length will be.

Jimbruski

Jimbruski, when your Doctor told you that about the length, was he talking about erect (inflated) length or both inflated AND uninflated.

That is, will the penis length always be 7", with the only difference between inflated and uninflated being girth and stiffness?

SInce the (uninflated as well as inflated) stiffness of the Coloplast Titan is (said to be) greater than any of the AMS devices, the uninflated length make an issue of concealment.

Since I am working with a surgeon who has implanted both, I may have a choice and am looking for the factors that might influence my (our) decision.

Thanks

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Jimbruski

Postby Jimbruski » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:48 pm

My understanding was that the doctor would "size" the implant according to ones flaccid stretched length. In other words if your flaccid stretched length is 6" then he would implant a 15cm device (approx). Uninflated I assumed would be shorter but by how much I don't know.

I understand your question though. Is the flaccid stretched length the same as the inflated length? I don't know!

I will send the doctor an email tomorrow and ask that very question. Thanks for the question.

Jimbruski
Implant December 1, 2016; AMS 700 CX 18cm x 12 mm +3.5 cm rte. 69 years old, married 43 years.
ED for 8 years, Peyronies for 3 years.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:14 pm

The doctor will use a tool to determine what you can accept as far as size. Remember, you will have to inflate over a period of time to recover your size. As my doctor said, whatever god gave you is all he can provide. Ask yourself, would you rather have a 6" hard penis or a useless one. Makes no difference so long as it is hard and works so get over this size thing. One writer here took two years of daily pumping to get back his size so have patience.

From reading here I understand is for guys that are larger and tends to be firmer even deflated then the AMS.AMS has two different ones and my LGX tends to expand with daily inflating both in length to fill whatever space I had and girth. Remember also, you will be able to get hard, stay hard for as long as you want.

Good luck
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

rglassva

Postby rglassva » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:21 pm

My surgery is Thursday - 72 hours and countingI . . . my doc is a big supporter of pumping - even up to and including the day before surgery - mine is scheduled for 1p so I might get in a quick session Thursday a.m. - good luck and let's compare notes after all is said and done.

Rick
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

redbullmaster

Postby redbullmaster » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:32 pm

HI Dirtman1993,

I understand what you saying, but having lost some size from my other surgery's.
Also having soft glans, which add to the loss of the size to the penis, I'm trying to get the maximum possible size I can.

I know its not heathy to obsess over size, but I know from waking up from my other surgery's with a smaller penis.
It's devastating to see your penis less than it was before, add to the fact the feeling of being less of a man from also having a implant as well.

From reading other posts on this board, lots of men have had these issues.
If I can end up with a penis 7 inches long rather than 6 it will help with some of the psychological issues I'm going to be facing.

I know it shallow but I'm single and due to the issues I've had, I'm looking to have some fun before settling down.

I know from an ego point it will be easer to pick woman up with a bigger penis than a smaller one.
As it will give me more confidence knowing I'm slightly above average in size.

Remember my post is about asking if its safe to pump on the day of the surgery.

I'm just trying to give myself the best odds of preserving size, as I heard some horror story's of men coming out of surgery two inches shorter than when they went in.

redbullmaster

Postby redbullmaster » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:35 pm

Hi Rglassva,

Good luck on your surgery, hope everything goes well for you.
Happy to compare notes with you after surgery,

Rich

redbullmaster

Postby redbullmaster » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:05 am

Had my surgery yesterday at Londons ULCH, surgery performed by Mr Nim christopher.
Had a implant with the sliding technique, which should have added some size.
Won't know for sure what the outcome is for a wile.

Implanted with a 18cm and 5 cm RTE, guessing as this was done on the NHS, not a lot of different size implants in storage. Will hope I don't get the hinge effect with this set up.

Pain not too bad, been keep in till Monday, the worse thing is having a drain for blood in my penis.
The catheter is fine as I don't have to keep moving to pee.

Am getting some pain In my scrotum, which I'm guessing is the pump.

Having some second thoughts about the sliding technique, after talking to different urology people today. As in its a new procedure so long term results aren't in yet.

Worse case is loss of penis, as in amputation. So if your going to have this done make sure you trust your surgeon.

Not much else to report at the moment, been told I'm going to have to keep it particularly inflated for the next three weeks.

So lucky I'm of work till sep, will have to try and hide it on the tube on the way home and hope I'm not arrested for indecent behaviour. Lol

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:38 pm

I don't know where, but i read something about that sliding technique. Apparently it gives you some added length to a certain extent? do you have the pubmed paper on that procedure? good luck on the recovery and keep us informed!

Return to “Implants”