Positive deflation and lockout?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Positive deflation and lockout?

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:20 pm

I hear about auto-inflation as a problem. Why has no one developed a valve that allows the use of the same pumping bulb as the driver of tube deflation as well as of inflation? It would not be difficult.

Push a button on the left side of the valve body for inflation and on the right side for deflation. A rocker switch would be not much more difficult.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

David_R

Re: Positive deflation and lockout?

Postby David_R » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:15 pm

I have never had a problem with auto-inflation. It's not like a switch that you flip on and bam! it's inflated. It takes a serious set of pumping over and over again.

Additional information: The model I got almost 2 years ago has an anti-auto-inflation feature built in. In fact, pushing very, very hard until a "pop" finally happens is the only way to start the repeated pumping that causes inflation. (Getting past this requirement of pushing very, very hard until that "pop" finally happens is difficult for some/many men to accomplish in the early days of getting used to their implant. But having that built-in anti-auto-inflation feature sure is nice to avoid accidental things from happening!)
Last edited by David_R on Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:40 am

David_R wrote:I have never had a problem with auto-inflation. It's not like a switch that you flip on and bam! it's inflated. It takes a serious set of pumping over and over again.

I think the auto-inflation is just that fluid migrates from the reservoir (say, if you cough or something or if riding a bicycle operates the pump bulb unintentionally) to the tubes and leaves you with a quarter-erect penis. Uncomfortable and "showing" a little. Mighty inconvenient if you have to excuse yourself to "squeeze down" in private.

A valve that locks out would be mighty nice. I was also thinking that a valve that allows you to use the pump to send fluid from the tubes to the reservoir, and THEN even lock the pump bulb in the compressed condition, would be an improvement. Essentially it enables you to suction out all the fluid from the inflatable tubes and even keep the pump bulb in the squeezed small position.

Lost Sheep

Push the stem one way to inflate and lock; push the stem the other way to deflate and lock.
Left-Right Valve.jpg
The black lines are "O" rings, The black arrows in the lines indicate one-way valves. The orange blotches allow fluid to flow past the bridged "O" ring.
Left-Right Valve.jpg (18.18 KiB) Viewed 1512 times
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:01 pm

Sometime when I inflate I go no Pump-Pop and it still inflates just fine. Just as hard and long.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

Return to “Implants”