A pumpless inflatable

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
redbullmaster

Re: A pumpless inflatable

Postby redbullmaster » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:58 pm

I think if its separate from the implant, its one less thing to go wrong on the main implant.

Most men would get an ego boost out of a bigger head when not erect (I think).

If the glans can support the pressures of ved, which pump the penis much more than a natural erection.
Then hopefully the glans should be fine with a second implant.

redbullmaster

Postby redbullmaster » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:12 pm

Something like this placed into the head
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (8.1 KiB) Viewed 2222 times

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:09 am

For sure, my idea in post #1 may be completely hare-brained. But I think it an interesting concept if it is possible. Lower failure rate. Inflation nearly by itself and simpler surgical implantation.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:34 pm

redbullmaster wrote:I think if its separate from the implant, its one less thing to go wrong on the main implant.

Most men would get an ego boost out of a bigger head when not erect (I think).

If the glans can support the pressures of ved, which pump the penis much more than a natural erection.
Then hopefully the glans should be fine with a second implant.

I had my implant surgery in May 2015. I have a couple of points you might want to consider. I gather you are concerned about a soft glans and the ability to penetrate.

1. Some men retain the ability for their glans to swell after implant surgery, especially if they were able to before the surgery. The system that causes glans swelling in a properly functioning penis is separate from the shaft erection system and the implant procedure might not impair glans swelling. Keep in mind though, that the glans is pierced twice with a Keith needle to pull each cylinder through the cavernosa and that the distal tips are pushed/pulled into the glans at least half way, so there is no guarantee that you will retain glans swelling.

2. Regarding the distal tips. As I mentioned, if they are properly positioned they are placed about 1/2 the distance or more into the glans. They are not inflatable, they are hard, and extend below the glans a short distance into the penile shaft on each side. You can easily feel them. Even if your glans do not swell to any degree with stimulation the tips provide more than enough support for the glans to easily penetrate your partner. The problems with a soft, bendable unsupported glans occur if the surgeon has done a very poor job measuring the cavernosa and selecting and placing the cylinders. That is grounds to return for a revision, free IMHO !!!

3. Be careful what you wish for. Trust me on this, you do not want a second implant into the glans, even if such a thing existed. As you know, the glans are extremely sensitive and if you go for a regular implant you will discover the whole pubic area is tender enough for long enough that you would never want two implants in the same penis at the same time :lol: :lol: :lol: Just inflating the cylinders and having the hard tips pressing into your glans (and into your perineal area as well) will be enough for you.

Good luck with solving your ED problems. Like everyone else here, you are trying all measures. Hopefully one works for you. (Don't even bother with the vacuum pump for sex. That was a total fail for me but do use it to keep your penis tissues exercised and healthy).

On here you will read positive and negative experiences with implants. It is a very invasive procedure, no doubt, and with any surgery shit can happen. But for those who have positive experiences, the satisfaction rate is high (in the 90%'s) for both patient and partners and has restored sexual functioning. It will not in many (most?) cases, however, fix a broken relationship and may require some attitude adjustments for both partners (see Merrix's last post) to adapt to the prothesis. Mine has not been without a few issues, mostly related to size :cry: but things have worked out well. As many here have said, I wish I had done it years and years ago. It would have saved a great deal of misery.

redbullmaster

Postby redbullmaster » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:45 pm

Hi Whatsup,

Thank you for your reply,

I already have soft glans, so I don't think the implant will cure that.
I'm hoping I will get added support from the tips.

So I'm looking for a cure for the soft glans issue I have, unfortunately I don't have funds try anymore cures.
The only thing I can see which might help with my situation is sclerotherapy, but at £4000 it too big a gamble.

I'm in a weird situation where I've had two surgery's on my penis already. (for a curve)
The first one likely caused my issues, with the scaring it caused.

The second surgery I did pay for privately, as the bend had returned from the first.
I went with the surgeon who's supposed to be the best for this type of surgery, I still have a slight cure but not as bad as before.

So now because of how the NHS works, I'm back with the first surgeon to do my implant.

He is a highly regarded surgeon in he field, but because of the issues I had with the first surgery I'm having doubts about him performing the implant surgery.

I did ask the opinion of the surgeon who did the second one, if the scaring which formed in my penis was the fault of the first operation.
He told me you can't predict how the body will heal and said he's worked with the guy and he's very skilled at his job.

But if I want the surgery I don't have a choice In who does it. (unless I pay which I cant do, as still paying off the second op)

So my thinking now with an implant, I finally end up with a straight penis and some support for my tip.
Plus no more ED issues, also paying for drugs, plus ill effects they cause like headache and neck shoulder pain.
also I've been pumping with a VED and using a stretching device to help bring back some lost size.

I am looking forward to chucking all this stuff away as I live on my own.
The idea of someone finding this stuff or if I have an fatal accident and my parents have to come to clear all my stuff out. :oops:

Morbid I know, but when your penis pumping, the thought of having a heart attack and being found like that.

Lost Sheep

Redeisgn: pumpless inflatable

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:49 pm

Having been advised that combining the two Rear Tip Extenders (RTEs) into a single piece is not doabale, here is an improved design which retains the feature of inflating the penis by simply manipulating the penis (as in foreplay and coitus), thereby emulating a natural, organic erection.

The two RTEs have an articulation with a pump bulb (in red)trapped therein. Sandwiched between the two parts of the RTEs (in gray) which are limited in movement by a (the multicolored section surrounding the pump bulb) flexible non-stretchy sleeve.

The blue tubing connects to the reservoir, also in blue, and the orange is tubing and the inflatable tubes. The valve is still located in the scrotum, but takes up much less space than a valve and pump bulb combination.

The four black arrows on the blue and orange tubes are one-way valves. A pressure relief valve to preclude over-inflation (during enthusiastic sex, because the pumping action does not stop) of the tubes is not shown (for simplicity)

My mind is racing, if not racy.

I have just read that the diameter of the RTE is 9mm, which will make for a very small amount of fluid being pumped with each movement of the penis (compressing the articulation in the RTE). Where an erection might be attained with 10-15 compressions of a regular scrotum-located bulb, this design might take 40 or 50 strokes of the penis to achieve full erection. But then, would stroking your partner that many times be all bad?
Lost Sheep
Attachments
Sel-inflating dual pumpless.jpg
Sel-inflating dual pumpless.jpg (33.49 KiB) Viewed 2030 times
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Lost Sheep

Latest revision 4-part inflatable penile implant

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:50 pm

Latest refinement of the "pumpless inflatable. As before, the pumping action takes place inside the rear tip extender (RTE) by using a flexible, but inelastic capsule trapped within an articulated joint between the upper and lower portions of the RTE.

The two (red, orange and gray) inflatable tubes, everyone here should recognize, except for the orange rectangular bulb in the center. This is a volume enclosed in a sealed, flexible, inelastic (no stretch, but can flex/move) articulated joint in a rear tip extender (RTE). Call these the "pumping capsules".

The large blue oval is the reservoir.

The two black ovals at the bottom of the drawing are the activation bulbs.

The small rectangular object between the two inflatable tubes is the control valve, the 4th part of the 4-part penile implant. This valve directs the output of the pumping capsules within the RTEs to either the inflatable tubes or back to the reservoir.

4-part implant Overview .jpg
4-part implant Overview .jpg (12.17 KiB) Viewed 1947 times

The valve is controlled (flipped between inflate mode and deflate mode) by two small (activation) bulbs in the scrotum. No valve, no valve body, only relatively soft bulbs which are easy to distinguish from one another because one is above the other mounted on a soft stem to keep their relationship stable.

Slowly squeeze the fluid out of the upper activation bulb and then give a sharp squeeze to the bottom activation bulb and the control valve flips to deflate mode.

Slowly squeeze the fluid out of the lower activation bulb and then give a sharp squeeze to the upper activation bulb and the valve flips to inflate mode.

Movement of the base of the penis (transmitted to the upper part of the RTE) creates the pumping action to inflate the tubes, thus emulating a naturally occurring erection. As the penis gets stiffer, the action gets more emphatic.

Deflation is achieved through the usual "squeeze-down" method and right now has no positive lock-out feature.

Now, if I can figure out a way to get positive DEflation through the pumping action.... or at least a lockout.

Summary:
1 This allows erection very much like a naturally occurring erection.
2 One of the prime failure modes (the tubing right near the inflation bulb in the scrotum, right where maximum flex/tension is prioduced during erection) is avoided. No repetitive pumping and both tubes leading to the scrotum carry only low pressure.
3 No 15 to 40 pumps by hand to get inflated. All the pumping is done by the penis. Who would complain about that?
4 (Drawback) Maximum pressure would be set by a pressure relief valve. I have no way to regulate that after implantation because it has to be installed surgically, most conveniently in the control valve body.

The work continues while I wait for my urologist appointment.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Return to “Implants”