Help--recommend a Dr

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
kidder

Help--recommend a Dr

Postby kidder » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:28 pm

So strange that I don't see anyone in the midwest mentioned as a top notch Dr. Can anyone change that? Thanks.

dirtman1993

Re: Help--recommend a Dr

Postby dirtman1993 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:44 pm

Nope, travel to Baltimore or NY for one of the better doctors. Always select someone who has performed this operation a lot.
Last edited by dirtman1993 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:48 pm

Use the forum's advanced search feature and search for +surgeon +Chicago or +surgeon +midwest.
You'll get a bunch of hits, but Dirtman is right - do yourself a favor and go the the best surgeon you can find. This will minimize the likelihood of problems and maximize the likelihood of a good outcome.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:51 am

kidder wrote:So strange that I don't see anyone in the midwest mentioned as a top notch Dr. Can anyone change that? Thanks.

There's the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond ... n-20034244

Also, there are two companies that manufacturer the implant: Coloplast and Boston Scientific (formerly American Medical Systems or AMS). You can check out each's website to find out which doctors are in your area.

http://www.coloplastmenshealth.com/find-a-physician/

http://www.amsmenshealth.com/en-US/pati ... ician.html

Be sure to check the box for "Erectile dysfunction."

Now click "Find a Physician," type in your city and state and you should get a list of physicians near your area. (Typing in a zip code did not work as well.) Of course, from there please proceed with extreme caution. Some may or may not take your insurance, some may or may not have a great deal of experience in performing the surgery, etc.

My assumption is that a large state like Ohio probably has several doctors who would do a great job.

KMeister

farmallfarmer

Postby farmallfarmer » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:41 pm

Mayo in Minnesota has Dr Landon Trost.
I found him to be very knowledgeable.

Big Star Tom

Postby Big Star Tom » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:23 pm

Check out Dr. Ludlow in Holland Michigan. Over 100 implants per year.

oldgoat

Postby oldgoat » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:45 pm

Dr Jonas Benson in Wheaton il installed my Titan. Very happy with the results. Here is a link

https://www.uropartners.com/physicians/Jonas%20Benson
Implanted with colorplast Titan 3 years ago. Davinci radical prostatectomy 6 months ago. Very happy with the outcome of both procedures.
Dr Jonas Benson. Uropartners, Wheaton, IL.

scooter65

Postby scooter65 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:19 pm

I would highly recommend Dr Laurence O'connor from St Paul, MN. He typically implants AMS implants. Surgery went without a hitch and I was back to work two days after surgery. He is with Health Partners.

Scott
Type 1 diabetic for 34 year, ED for the last 10, implant on 11/30/2015.

gingerman9

Postby gingerman9 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:42 pm

Kidder,

Alibabba asked me to notify you that the name of the man who was implanted 5 times is David. Apparently, the same doctor operated on David 3 times and screwed up each operation. If you want to contact David, David's cell number is 618-416-3383 and his home number is 618-409-6511. He is a patient of Ali's internist.

hardernharder

Postby hardernharder » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:38 pm

Hi,
If I were you, I would pay a little bit more to travel and go with high volume doctor for this very important and life changing operation.
If you have not heard from them, that is because they are not high volume. I don't want to start with their staff and their lack of knowledge and experience.
There are people who travel from different countries and thousands of miles away just to be safe.
Also what implantation approach are you shooting for? I would never go with infra public approche.
If you hear infra pubic, just run.
This surgery is not black and white, experience is very important!
I don't say that there are not good doctors out there, but why take a chance?
Also inexperienced doctor could screw up and during the revision screw up agin.
Best wishes,

Return to “Implants”