Exercise After Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
olerunner

Exercise After Implant

Postby olerunner » Tue May 24, 2016 9:39 am

I was wondering if you are able to run and exercise after an implant? I enjoy doing those physical activities daily and worry that an implant will be painful and therefore limit those activities. I would appreciate any thoughts anyone may have. thanks again!

LMCatman

Re: Exercise After Implant

Postby LMCatman » Tue May 24, 2016 12:11 pm

I was worried about bicycling.....no problems....I'm not really athletic but I have small grandchildren and we do swimming, bicycling, go-kart racing, kayaking, tubing on the 'Hootch....no issues at all.........that said, my first implant was "botched" and everything was painful for a year until I had a "revision". Even so, I did all the "grampa things", even if painful. Revision was two years ago and all issues were "fixed"...... Good Luck!!!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Metraman

Postby Metraman » Tue May 24, 2016 12:38 pm

I had mine 11 days ago at the 5 day mark I started walking a mile at 7 days I was doing that and coming up 11 filghts of stairs. I hope to get the OK to get back to some real excersize soon, Thursday I'll get my staples out and fly home. I believe each doctor (MD Perito) is different mine seems to have a really good technique.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Tue May 24, 2016 1:18 pm

Dr. Perito did my revision - fixed everything the other guy had f***ed up....Dr. Perito is my hero!!!!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

merrix

Postby merrix » Tue May 24, 2016 8:18 pm

I am five months out from surgery. I have been doing it all in terms of exercise from about 2-3 months after surgery.
Now I play tennis (serious 5.0 level singles), lift weights (deadlifts 420 pounds for reps, squats 330 pounds for reps) and there are no issues. I don't ride bike for exercise, only for leisure transportation - but even that is no problem. Walking, running is absolutely no issue whatsoever.
So in short - if your doc does a good job, you can do whatever exercise there is.

Maybe the only reservation would be some sort of hard full-contact sports. I am not so sure I would like to do some full-contact kick-boxing, MMA etc. Wouldn't want to risk getting a powerful kick in my lower abs which could destroy reservoir, tubing etc.
But I am sure there are guys who do that as well and who can confirm it works.

Good luck.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

OttoHS

Postby OttoHS » Tue May 24, 2016 9:29 pm

I rode my road bike for the first time approximately 6 weeks after surgery. I was implanted by Dr Kramer and initially he told me not to ride for eight weeks. But, the weather was good and I felt good, too. I had an email exchange with Dr Kramer and he said to give it a try, but take it slow and easy. I did a 20 mile ride at a slow pace. The ride went well and the rest is history. If you are implanted by a skillful surgeon, you should be able to do most exercise within a reasonable time of your surgery.

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Wed May 25, 2016 3:42 am

olerunner wrote:I was wondering if you are able to run and exercise after an implant? I enjoy doing those physical activities daily and worry that an implant will be painful and therefore limit those activities. I would appreciate any thoughts anyone may have. thanks again!

I resumed my moderate exercise routine which includes push-ups, leg raises and a 60 to 90 minutes walk five days a weak. If I could do more I wouldn't. At almost 59 that's enough for me. The implant doesn't interfere with the exercises.

KMeister

roninhouston

Postby roninhouston » Wed May 25, 2016 10:19 pm

Do a search on this topic, there have been a couple threads on this subject.
Bionic with AMS CX on August 14, 2015. Inflated September 15th by Dr. Robert Cornell.
Was 69 with VL
. Pre-Op VED Protocol Therapy and Post-Op VED Protocol Therapy: Pre-Op length by 6th month.

Return to “Implants”