Out of the dust and into the fire?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
alibaba

Out of the dust and into the fire?

Postby alibaba » Mon May 09, 2016 11:16 pm

This weekend I developed redness and swelling in the incision site of my implant. This afternoon I could smell a metalic odor from it and oozing. Squeezing it puss came out of a number of hair follicles around the hairs in about a 1 inch long area of the incision scar. Saw a doctor mid afternoon and he suspects a staph infection related to the the dissolving sutures or deep sutures. By the time I was at the doctors office it was a bloody mess in my shorts. As mother would have suggested, I wore my nice underwear. All is not well. Cultures taken and waiting the 3- 5 days to see what comes up for proper antibiotic treatment. Dick has been throbbing at the base for a couple days but does not seem to have fever. Currently on roulette wheel antibiotics but have no idea if it is a match yet. 117 days post op.

Saw a dermatologist this afternoon also. I have had this appointment for weeks. He looked at the discolored skin on my penis and asked if I had severe swelling after surgery. I told him no. He said they usually do not see skin like that except in cases of severe trauma or severe swelling and that it may resolve or never resolve. He has no answers. Very well respected dermatlogist, not your traveling county fair version. He suspects a staph infection also. Had several questions about the implant.

While I was at the pharmacy I checked on my trimix gel prescription that has been on back order for 3 weeks. Told the warehouse that supplies all pharmacies in the area has Phentolamine on back order with no availability date given. New York pharmacy says they will not give an Exact price without the prescription being transferred to them first but the price they Estimate it to be is 3 1/2 times the price it will cost locally. I can find no other pharmacy in the area that can get Phentolamine at this time.

So things are back to normal......all f***ked up.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

C_lab34

Re: Out of the dust and into the fire?

Postby C_lab34 » Tue May 10, 2016 7:19 am

Really sorry to hear about this and hope everything can be resolved soon. I don't know much about infections, but it seems that a staph infection at the incision site at least wouldn't affect the actual implant too much or require a drastic removal or insertion of a semi rigid or anything like that.

merrix

Postby merrix » Tue May 10, 2016 10:43 am

Just chiming in on what C_lab says.
No meaning for me to speculate on what it is and what the chances/risks are.

Just hoping it is nothing serious.
Fingers crossed.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue May 10, 2016 2:13 pm

Thank you gentlemen. Looks nasty this morning. Part of the incision appears to be opening up along the cut line and where the puss is coming from. Washed it good and gave it good soak in peroxide. Tonight going to put a cup of bleach in the tub and soak it. Not amused at this time. Hopefully the roulette wheel approach to picking an antibiotic was the right one. I remember bumping that area on something Friday or Saturday so I guess that set things in motion.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Tue May 10, 2016 6:55 pm

Such a dreadful thing to happen. Good luck Alibaba!

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue May 10, 2016 8:38 pm

[quote="PFracture"]Such a dreadful thing to happen. Good luck Alibaba![/quote

Thank you sir.
Wishing you well too.

palace01

Postby palace01 » Tue May 10, 2016 9:06 pm

Sincere Best Wishes - hope it gets resolved simply and quickly !!
Age 73
Apr-15-14. RP-Pills, Injections No help. VED(almost old size in tube).
Feb-12-16, Dr Cornell, AMS-CX "18+4" LOTS PROBLEMS!
Jul-6-16 Dr Khera ColoPlast "20+1" Very Unhappy with very short length/width but Dr insists correct

Electrician

Postby Electrician » Wed May 11, 2016 11:10 pm

Alibaba, I hope things improve for you .Im about 2 weeks behind you something like 101 days and at about 30 days I got and suture infection in the scrotal area when trying to pump I broke the stitches loose and had to put some temporary butterfly Band-Aids the hold my skin together until I could see the doctor and then he gave me some antibiotics and all is well now. The incision site on the scrotum actually has healed and almost not even noticeable now I thought he was a hack job when he did the work on me but it looks good now. These plants are quite the roller coaster ride you have to say that it is an adventure and it is looking outside the box enjoy hope you get better soon.
Implanted 01/2016,AMS Cx at 56 had Ed for years ,On the pills (18yr) and injection (5yrs) married 37 years .Hope to use this inplant for years to come.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed May 11, 2016 11:41 pm

Electrician wrote:Alibaba, I hope things improve for you .Im about 2 weeks behind you something like 101 days and at about 30 days I got and suture infection in the scrotal area when trying to pump I broke the stitches loose and had to put some temporary butterfly Band-Aids the hold my skin together until I could see the doctor and then he gave me some antibiotics and all is well now. The incision site on the scrotum actually has healed and almost not even noticeable now I thought he was a hack job when he did the work on me but it looks good now. These plants are quite the roller coaster ride you have to say that it is an adventure and it is looking outside the box enjoy hope you get better soon.

Thank you sir. Glad yours healed up. Sutures do this sometimes, especially with the disolvable kind or if one gets missed in my experience.
This morning I had the biggest eruption of puss ever. I checked to see if it spit anything out like a suture piece, hair, something, but nothing. Still waiting on the lab work. Sometimes these things resolve on their own once the blow out whatever has their tizzy in a dither. Time gives us all answers......eventually.

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Thu May 12, 2016 4:14 pm

I wish you well Alibaba! Keep this a priority for you doctor's attention and I hope you recover quickly.
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

Return to “Implants”