Advice for Revision Model, Currently Have AMS 700 CX

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
P-fracture

Advice for Revision Model, Currently Have AMS 700 CX

Postby P-fracture » Tue May 03, 2016 10:59 pm

My AMS 700 CX device is leaking or leaked and needs replacing. I am disappointed that the AMS device failed so quickly. I was just implanted in Sep 2014. I have two goals in mind:
first) to replace it with a working model, and
second) to regain the length I lost.

Any suggestions on a model to replace the CX?
I have heard people say the AMS 700 LGX was a good option for them, but what about folks switching to a Coloplast Titan?

Here are the details of my personal experience:

In September of 2014, I had an AMS 700 CX implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer. His student doctor measured me as 14cm in length with a stretched, flaccid penis prior to surgery. Dr. Kramer implanted a 21cm device with 1cm rear tips. The procedure was uneventful. I had 10 cm erection length in October 2014 after I was "activated" following the procedure. Through a daily cycling of the device for about 12 months, it eventually elongated to 12 cm.

Then in February 2016, the pump collapsed after about 10 pumps and the device was not fully erect. Kaiser (my regular medical provider) performed a CT scan in late March 2016. At an appointment with my regular urologist, he reviewed the CT scan. He said the reservoir was out of fluid and speculated it had leaked, or was slowly leaking. As such, he said it would likely require a full replacement, revision surgery. He recommended that I see Dr. Kramer for a second opinion. The Kaiser urologist also recommended that I have a high-volume surgeon do the revision, such as Dr. Kramer.

I saw Dr. Kramer today (5/3/2016). He reviewed the CT scans before the appointment, then examined me, and then cycled the device about six times. His professional opinion is that the device is defective and has leaked.
- The reservoir level shown in the CT scan while the penis was erect was very low/collapsed.
- He estimates the device was about 40 percent full when all the saline was pumped into the penis out of the reservoir. He said normally the system has plenty, like twice as much, fluid than is needed to operate the cylinders.

The likely scenario is that the device leaked near the pump along the three tube lines (the most common occurrence), according to Dr. Kramer's experience. Dr. Kramer said he will notify AMS of the defect and said there is a life-time warranty on AMS devices. As such, I should receive a new device free of charge from AMS for the replacement surgery.

Any advice on the forthcoming revision surgery on maintaining or regaining the length I had prior to surgery, satisfaction between AMS 700 CX and other devices you may have had are greatly appreciated.
40s, Maryland, penile fracture, AMS 700 CX in Sep 2014, device failed; Coloplast Titan in Jun 2016, both with Dr. Kramer

ED2013

Re: Advice for Revision Model, Currently Have AMS 700 CX

Postby ED2013 » Tue May 03, 2016 11:07 pm

I had an lgx for about 2 years before it leaked as well. I got another lgx implanted. During the revision, the surgeon was able to place a device 3 cm larger this time. I stretched out my penis that much in 2 years.

merrix

Postby merrix » Wed May 04, 2016 1:15 am

Interesting.

Do we have people here with leaking Titans as well?
Or have people experienced other problems with them?
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Wed May 04, 2016 2:36 pm

I was implanted with the Coloplast Titan IPP in December 2007 by Dr.Hossein Sadeghi-Nejad at Hackensack UMC in NJ.
My Titan Implant has been working perfectly ever since and my wife and I have been fully enjoying it for 8+ years and counting.
Hope this is helpful.
Bob

Boulder

Postby Boulder » Wed May 04, 2016 4:48 pm

Not speaking from experience, however, through my research of implants the Coloplast is much more durable and has fewer mechanical malfunctions then the AMS. I've also read that the Coloplast gives you much more girth then the AMS. Not sure if that's true or not. Personally, I would prefer more girth then length. Most women I've been with also prefer girth over length. Especially ones that have had children. I've read that anything 3-4 inches inside them is plenty. The girth gives ladies that pressure on the g-spot that they prefer. If the penis is too long it bangs on their cervix and causes them pain. If I do decide to have the procedure I'm leaning towards the Coloplast.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Wed May 04, 2016 6:38 pm

I wouldn't count on getting any length back. While my 5+ inches (13 cm??), really length and girth, is smaller than I would have liked, I really like it! Mine is a Titan and works perfectly (I do so hope it continues to do so).....and my revision was by a "high volume surgeon"......

Good Luck!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

merrix

Postby merrix » Thu May 05, 2016 9:56 am

Boulder wrote:Not speaking from experience, however, through my research of implants the Coloplast is much more durable and has fewer mechanical malfunctions then the AMS. I've also read that the Coloplast gives you much more girth then the AMS. Not sure if that's true or not. Personally, I would prefer more girth then length. Most women I've been with also prefer girth over length. Especially ones that have had children. I've read that anything 3-4 inches inside them is plenty. The girth gives ladies that pressure on the g-spot that they prefer. If the penis is too long it bangs on their cervix and causes them pain. If I do decide to have the procedure I'm leaning towards the Coloplast.

This is an interesting question. We're all going to be faced with it eventually.
There is maybe a bias towards the idea that a Titan is harder and girthier, while an AMS has a softer, more natural flaccid.
I don't know if it's true, I have never had an AMS. But that was basically what Eid told me, and there is a video of Kramer saying this on Youtube as well.
I have also seen Perito saying that he thinks AMS should be discontinued due to the plenty of evidence that the Titan has a superior life length and reliability.
We also know Perito is receiving top money from Coloplast...

I remember I tried to find scientific papers on reliability and life length of the two brands, and those I could find didn't show any statistically significant difference. But there may again be financial incentives blurring those results.
Where did you find the data on Titan being more durable? Please share.

I think nobody here can ever come to the true answer to the question on which brand is best.
If anyone does - please let me know!
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu May 05, 2016 1:37 pm

merrix, I can truly say that after 110+ days, on a good day when I go through several squeeze the dick down deflate cycles which seems to help get rid of soem of the fluid from the perineal area, my flaccid is every bit as soft and flexible as pre surgery. That was my sole reason for wanting an LGX. It will not be that way 20 minutes after the initial deflate and I have to lay down flat to do another deflate, but after a couple times at that it is amazingly comfortable and flexible in that respect. Must remember to squeeze the bulb to lock it or it will auto inflate though and that on 1,2, or the pumps sometimes negates the deflate by putting fluid back in. At this point I have no more dog ears on deflate either. They were a bitch for 2 1/2 months as they were right under the tubing going around the penis causing considerable discomfort.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

C_lab34

Postby C_lab34 » Thu May 05, 2016 5:36 pm

Boulder wrote:Not speaking from experience, however, through my research of implants the Coloplast is much more durable and has fewer mechanical malfunctions then the AMS. I've also read that the Coloplast gives you much more girth then the AMS. Not sure if that's true or not. Personally, I would prefer more girth then length. Most women I've been with also prefer girth over length. Especially ones that have had children. I've read that anything 3-4 inches inside them is plenty. The girth gives ladies that pressure on the g-spot that they prefer. If the penis is too long it bangs on their cervix and causes them pain. If I do decide to have the procedure I'm leaning towards the Coloplast.

My experience is limited to one device, so take this with a grain of salt, but I believe now more than ever that when it comes to girth, it's not really the specific device that matters, so much as how your body adapts to it and accommodates it. The Titan does have the reputation for providing better girth, and it does technically have greater maximum expansion capacity than AMS devices. But practically, all devices are limited by the body they inhabit. I have an AMS CX, and I've noticed that with roughly 4 months of cycling that it has continued to expand as my tissues have stretched out/healed/relaxed. Maybe at some extreme upper limit of girth a Titan is a better choice, but I think you would have to be pushing 6.5 inches or more of circumference before that really became an issue. I'm getting 6 inches of girth with the CX for the bottom half of my penis, and the top half is catching up slowly.

merrix

Postby merrix » Sat May 07, 2016 12:51 am

Among the few people here who've had both, and from what I can remember of their posts, some say like you 63 Panhead, that the Titan was girthier and harder when inflated. Some claim no difference. But I haven't seen anyone saying their AMS was harder and girthier.
Regarding the flaccid, some claim no difference, but most claim AMS is softer and more natural feeling.

I still think that confirms the theory that on average - not in every case - the Titan is harder and girthier when hard, but unfortunately harder and larger when flaccid as well.

And since I don't think the somewhat hard flaccid is a dealbreaker, and I wouldn't want to risk trading hardness and girth for a softer flaccid, I would stay with the Titan if I had to do a revision today.

But I would never know for sure if I'd like the AMS better...
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth

Return to “Implants”