Dr. Edward Karpman v.s Dr. Kramer

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rcm900

Dr. Edward Karpman v.s Dr. Kramer

Postby rcm900 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:46 pm

Hello everyone...i would like to know who has has their surgery with Dr. Karpman and what was your overall satisfaction with his procedure?

i know that the Kramer does a scrotum approach and karpman prefers the infrapubic...is the any difference in terms of length/ girth overall measurements between these two techniques?

alibaba

Re: Dr. Edward Karpman v.s Dr. Kramer

Postby alibaba » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:42 pm

Dropped my computer and broke both hard drive disks a few months ago so I nolonger have the bookmark, but there was a single study comparing the 2 that showed a slightly shorter average implant size and slightly less length with infrapubic. Mine was infrapubic and I loathe it and yes I lost length. 3/4" of that loss I contribute to the tubing coming out of the cavernosa. I cannot bang pubic bone to pubic bone with this thing because of the tubing wad in the way so that is 3/4" of dick that goes nowhere and I can certainly tell the difference as can my wife. I say tubing wad, probably tubing sewed in a wad of body tissue, but when pumped up I can slide 2 fingers underneath it on each side between the wad and the pubic bone so I call it a freakin wad. I am working toward having this horrid thing removed and re-implanted scrotally. Only advantage I see to pubic is it makes it easier to put in the reservoir in some people and likely less chance of infection probably because scrotal tissue has a lot of wrinkles. With a good doc and infection rate of 1/500 you are less than 1/4 of 1% infection rate so I cannot see much advantage pubicly there either. Considering all the issues the tubing coming out on the top side of the dick and wrapping around the dick and high pump placement of my infrapubic, there is no way I would recommend that route unless sub-optimal is perfectly fine for you but you are the one who needs to decide. I am sure there are plenty of 68 year old men happy with their infrapubic. Medicare paid for it, doc was handy, they hadn't screwed in 22 years and the damn thing shrunk to the size of a dried up bean but hey, they have a working dick now that impresses the 80 year old widow next door who had not seen one in working condition for 35 years so all is well. They do not know the difference anyway. never asked any questions, never did any research, doc just suggested it one day When both woere bored and chatting and said won't cost you a dime with Medicare and and the supplement so he says, okay, I've got nothing to do with my days anyway. He and the old broad next are happy. Been too long to remember what a hard dick was like when they were a kids, his old lady had gone into menopause 20 years before she kicked the bucket but if the old widow woman next door wants to pump it up, hey, I've got a broad playing with my dick, right! What more can you ask for?
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:04 pm

rcm900,
Bear in mind that alibaba chose Dr. Milam, who has had mixed reviews, and is pretty disgruntled. Dr. Karpman did my surgery almost three years ago and I have been very pleased. He believes that the infrapubic approach causes less pain and swelling and thus allows faster activation. He had me start pumping up as much as I could stand, and then more, in one week. At three weeks I was cleared for intercourse. He believes that inflating as early as possible is key to maximal size. My length is the same as when I was twenty and the girth is somewhat greater. Uninflated, my length is much greater, which feels really nice and is fun in the locker room. A no longer active member here, named hebrewhammer, is a surgeon on the east coast who flew out to Californian to have Dr. Karpman do his surgery. His posts are very informative and can be located through the search feature.
In my opinion, Kramer and Karpman are comparable. Both are cutting edge, skilled, and personable. Both fix other surgeons' mistakes.
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:10 pm

rcm900 wrote:Hello everyone...i would like to know who has has their surgery with Dr. Karpman and what was your overall satisfaction with his procedure?

i know that the Kramer does a scrotum approach and karpman prefers the infrapubic...is the any difference in terms of length/ girth overall measurements between these two techniques?

There was a "study" that reported a slightly longer(1-2 cm) results with the scrotal approach but in my opinion the study has some severe design flaws; the most prominent is that it was basically a self-report "study" in which allegedly "high volume" surgeons were asked to report what they did. You can take it with a grain of salt.
https://www.auanet.org/university/abstr ... ngID=13SAN

Surgical techniques in the area of penile prosthesis implantation continue to evolve. In fact, here's a new report (I wouldn't consider it a study) in which a "new" infra-pubic approach is described--although I can't determine what makes this approach "new."
https://docs.google.com/viewerng/viewer ... 4.322/4962

I've read a lot of good things about both Drs. Kramer and Karpman. There are other top-notch doctors all around the country who would also do a fine job. (In fact, that first article I cited mentioned 46 doctors who were considered "high volume.")

KMeister

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:25 pm

apples vs oranges- you're putting one guy Kramer who's arguably best 2 or 3 in the world against a very good surgeon no doubt, but not sure he's where Kramer would be. I don't mean to insult guys who Karpman who anyone who did their perfect implant in, but there's clearly a top of the top category that Kramer seems to be in right now

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:58 pm

I've spent a lot of time studying these implants, more so after, and have became less reliant on forum recommendations due to the lack of supporting documentation. Sorry guys, but sometimes "the best ever" is like some of the recipes off the internet where you wonder if anyone actually tasted that crap before posting. From an anatomical standpoint, infrapubic does not support the best possible placement of the pump and having watched several pump revision videos, the tubing is too short ( which Eid also told me in an email) unless they are small sized or stacked with plenty of tip extenders. Some of these poor guys had 6 and 8 splices in their tubing to finally get a proper placement. That is pretty shabby and every splice is an added chance for failure. A plumb hanging off the top side of a limb does not hang straight vs bottom of the limb which does hang directly downward. Mine certainly does not hang straight and angles more when the tubing it taught under pressure. 2:00 a.m. which seems to be the only time I have time for these things any more, I took pictures of my pump placement. Difficult to get a picture that shows what I normally see, especially since my ball sack seems to want to shrink up any time I get the camera, so I outlined the pump and tubing with a marker.
Attachments
IMG_0284.JPG
IMG_0284.JPG (130.28 KiB) Viewed 3181 times
IMG_0276.JPG
IMG_0276.JPG (91.85 KiB) Viewed 3179 times
IMG_0275.JPG
IMG_0275.JPG (124.2 KiB) Viewed 3180 times
Last edited by alibaba on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:05 pm

Infrapubic pump placement. AMS LGX 21cm MS ( momentary squeeze pump)
Attachments
IMG_0287.JPG
IMG_0287.JPG (112.34 KiB) Viewed 3179 times
IMG_0286.JPG
IMG_0286.JPG (154.78 KiB) Viewed 3180 times
IMG_0279.JPG
IMG_0279.JPG (141.38 KiB) Viewed 3178 times

Return to “Implants”