Pulled Muscle - not the one you're thinking!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RugbyDave

Pulled Muscle - not the one you're thinking!

Postby RugbyDave » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:02 am

The other day I did something to my neck, pulled a muscle and/or trapped nerve. Not too painful but it has gone down my right arm to the muscle in my forearm.

Even though I am left handed I squeeze the pump for my implant with my right hand - the only thing I do right handed - and it is making inflating uncomfortable and to some extent difficult as I do not seem to have as much strength in my hand at the moment.

Up to now inflating has been easy but it has got me to thinking that as I get older it may not always be that way.

I have tried using my left hand to squeeze the bulb and it's like starting again. The bulb is slippery, difficult to control and I can't squeeze hard enough to even get it to "pop".

I am going to keep alternating left and right handed in the hope that it will get easier - after all they say practise makes perfect.

I do think it would have been worth in the early stages to have alternated - just a thought!

I will let you know how my becoming ambidextrous goes...

All the best

Dave
Diagnosed at 49 with PC - Biopsy Gleason 3+4=7
Radical Prostatectomy 14/07/08 - PSA now undetectable
ED since op
Implanted with AMS 700LGX - 26/07/13 @ UCLH London
http://rugbydave.blogspot.co.uk

LMCatman

Re: Pulled Muscle - not the one you're thinking!

Postby LMCatman » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:07 pm

'just the same but different'..... I always pumped with my right hand. A few months ago I hurt the thumb on my right hand and started pumping with my left. Awkward at first..... you get the hang of it. I also have some girls who pump it for me, one of whom has even successfully deflated me. Right thumb still hurts and I dread the same thing happening to my left thumb..... Good luck!!!!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Return to “Implants”