Surgical style - what difference do it make?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
palace01

Re: Kramer Vs. Eid

Postby palace01 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:11 pm

I agree that most of the hype on here has been about Eid so it was good to read some about Kramer.
Also, a couple of things from Eid Lovers that I read and cringed about were, "spinal anaesthesia" and especially "several days with catheter".
And one other thing that I lack knowledge about.. Several Eid Lovers talk about him inserting longest possible implants, yet I read other posts about failure due to Erosion. Can somebody tell me whether Length and Erosion are related ?
Age 73
Apr-15-14. RP-Pills, Injections No help. VED(almost old size in tube).
Feb-12-16, Dr Cornell, AMS-CX "18+4" LOTS PROBLEMS!
Jul-6-16 Dr Khera ColoPlast "20+1" Very Unhappy with very short length/width but Dr insists correct

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:47 pm

palace01 wrote:I agree that most of the hype on here has been about Eid so it was good to read some about Kramer.
Also, a couple of things from Eid Lovers that I read and cringed about were, "spinal anaesthesia" and especially "several days with catheter".
And one other thing that I lack knowledge about.. Several Eid Lovers talk about him inserting longest possible implants, yet I read other posts about failure due to Erosion. Can somebody tell me whether Length and Erosion are related ?

They can be. If the cylinders implanted are too large erosion can occur, which is not pretty. Erosion is extremely rare, no matter which doctor does the implant because the cylinders tend to expand the tissue inside the penis to a certain extent. One reason for the so-called floppy head problems and loss of penile length after and implant were because doctors, fearing lawsuits, were too conservative in sizing implants. Recent literature appears to encourage doctors to be a little boder in sizing implants.

KMeister

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:40 pm

Palace-
My estimate is that the hype is equal in 2016 between Kramer and Eid. I also agree that Kramer keeps a catheter in for 24 hours instead of 72, surgery takes 15 minutes vs 1.5 hrs, and kramer does a short general anesthetic bc he told me the spinal takes 15 minutes which was about as long as his surgery! I wasn't keen on a big ass needle in my back to be honest.

merrix

Postby merrix » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:17 am

There are hundreds of happy Patients from these two.
Do we have anyone who had a bad outcome with anyone of them?
I know two poor Kramer outcomes so far and yet none from Eid.
But I am sure there must be people here with bad results from both of them. Not even they can be perfect.
But judging them by their failures would be more interesting than by their (numerous) successes.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:15 am

Do we have anyone who had a bad outcome with anyone of them?
I know two poor Kramer outcomes so far and yet none from Eid.

I know of one who was extremely unhappy with both of them - but I'm not supposed to give details.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:05 pm

Why can't you give details?
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:13 pm

Don, did you travel to Nashville today? What was up with that? Hope all went well.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:46 pm

DonBecker54 wrote:Why can't you give details?

Because the detailes are contained in a PM which I received from another member.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

moetheman

Postby moetheman » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:46 pm

merrix wrote:Fruitful discussion. They do hundreds of implants each yearly. Here are 10 guys who have used one or none of them, giving their guesses as to who is best.
Good luck coming to a valid conclusion.

Yes that's a very valid point. I don't know why it has to be Kramer Vs Eid. They both do a good job and nobody really wants to admit their surgeon isn't the best and if you tell them then it only irritates them. If you're happy with the outcome then the surgeon choice was good for you. You'll definitely know when the outcome isn't good. So far I haven't seen many negative outcomes from patients of either of these, considering the large volumes they do. They both provide excellent aftercare.

We can argue all day long and not reach a conclusion. Not even sure there has to be a conclusion.
Developed ED at 32.
11/20/15 implanted with a botched Titan Coloplast 18cm + 3cm by urologynow.co.uk
03/23/16 Revision by Dr Eid - implanted a Titan Coloplast 24cm
04/08/16 Started cycling the implant

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:30 pm

I agree, these "couple of patients with bad outcomes" means very little these guys do thousands and a lot is subjective. There were 2-3 guys on where who were terminally unhappy with Eid, and evidently went to a guy Robert Cornell in Houston who was fixing a lot of his patients for a while. No one knows exactly what that means, or why. I never saw someone unhappy with Kramer though if you look through the thousands there's got to be some. At least folks are learning about who the best/top guys are

Return to “Implants”