Surgical style - what difference do it make?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
warrenw

Re: Surgical style - what difference do it make?

Postby warrenw » Fri May 10, 2019 4:49 pm

robertm wrote:Larry, you said "Dr. Eid ONLY uses the Titan". That's what I thought but some of the photos on his website of implanted patients include some AMS patients. Is there another doc in his practice that does AMS?

robertm, Dr Eid uses BOTH Titan and AMS in his practice, depending upon which device is best for the patient.

I had my surgery almost 18 months ago, and Dr Eid discussed both devices with me and let me handle each device to feel the pumps and cylinders.

He will not commit to using one device or the other until after he has done the physical exam, stretch measurement, and injection measurement. He then told me "your anatomy is suitable for either device", and we discussed my concerns and questions. I wanted the smallest possible pump which is likely why I ended up with a Titan.

If you specifically want an AMS you might try the AMS Physician Finder that lists Eid and other doctors implanting AMS.

To confirm that this information is still accurate I called Eid's office this morning. Yes, he does do both Coloplast and AMS and has for many years, but always get your own answers directly from the doctor not from an internet forum. Hope this helps.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat May 11, 2019 12:13 am

warrenw wrote:
robertm wrote:Larry, you said "Dr. Eid ONLY uses the Titan". That's what I thought but some of the photos on his website of implanted patients include some AMS patients. Is there another doc in his practice that does AMS?

robertm, Dr Eid uses BOTH Titan and AMS in his practice, depending upon which device is best for the patient.

I had my surgery almost 18 months ago, and Dr Eid discussed both devices with me and let me handle each device to feel the pumps and cylinders.

He will not commit to using one device or the other until after he has done the physical exam, stretch measurement, and injection measurement. He then told me "your anatomy is suitable for either device", and we discussed my concerns and questions. I wanted the smallest possible pump which is likely why I ended up with a Titan.

If you specifically want an AMS you might try the AMS Physician Finder that lists Eid and other doctors implanting AMS.

To confirm that this information is still accurate I called Eid's office this morning. Yes, he does do both Coloplast and AMS and has for many years, but always get your own answers directly from the doctor not from an internet forum. Hope this helps.

This was my understanding of your doc also. Can you address the issue of follow up care if there are problems? My doc advised there was no one anywhere close to me I could go to that he could send me to.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat May 11, 2019 7:05 am

warrenw wrote:

Well, I don't understand why, either just before or just after Christmas, I spoke to him on the phone for about a hour and HE TOLD ME HIMSELF that he only works with the Titan now. I don't understand why some of Frank Talk's members think I have a hate on for ANY of the surgeons... I already have one, I don't live in the USA, I don't know any of them (other than Dr. Brock & Gan), I wouldn't pay $26,000 when I can get it for free and I have absolutely no reason to make any of this stuff up. I actually had a roughly, 1 hour phone interview with Dr. Brock, Kramer, Eid and Perito to discuss the more controversial subjects. They almost all agreed 100% with each other except one is arrogant enough to say that if patients bypass him, they are bypassing the best. The rest say that there are hundreds of great implant surgeons and one agreed to share with me a list of over 200 great surgeons outside of North America I am actually quite offended that I find myself posting this again. I do NOT work for AMS, I am just simply a happy customer. To all of my many FT supporters, I am sorry you have to endure this post again. :x :x :x

Larry

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Sun May 12, 2019 1:48 pm

newbie443 wrote:This was my understanding of your doc also. Can you address the issue of follow up care if there are problems? My doc advised there was no one anywhere close to me I could go to that he could send me to.

newbie, I remember asking about a local referral and got the same answer you did.

My thinking was if there were no problems during surgery or during the 3 days of recovery in bed, and I got discharged to travel at the post-op exam, then I would be very unlikely to need follow up care at home. That was the case and the only after care was removal of the stitches at a urgent care clinic.

There is a risk of traveling for surgery, but there's a different and maybe greater risk of staying local with a surgeon who isn't your top choice.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:59 pm

Hmmm...when I get to my appt. this coming Mon. 2/10, will have questions to ask Dr. about the revision I am getting.
I am a unique case, infection (I am so fucking lucky) and have read up on both Drs., but Kramer is definitely more high volume, but not sure about his bedside manner, and Sklar is more my age and was willing to talk to me, but it was just lousy timing. Then again, maybe its me:(
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Crtrader

Postby Crtrader » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:41 pm

Hey Agfa-so you’re definitely replacing the Tactra? I’m sorry to hear that because I’ve made up my mind I’m getting one soon, surgery scheduled. What is the main reason you are willing to go through another surgery? Is it living with a boner 24-7 or the size? Thanks

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:40 pm

No, have not definitely made up my mind. Still leaving the door open on what to get.
Come Monday, will post in my thread on decision. Like I said, the big one for me is the stowage. My Tactra is really small and pokes against my pants.
I went in with 8", came out with 4" (but seems shorter IMHO). So size is playing a part in an (in)direct way.
Pretty sure it will be Kramer to install whatever I decide, but he put me over to Sklar to discuss, so not sure what is happening at the clinic.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:50 pm

Any man could do well with either doctor. I just wanted to say when you referenced Kramer making it look easy, his goal with the videos is likely to reassure men who are considering an implant that he is adept and you will be in good hands. The videos tend to achieve that. I was an international marketing manager for many years and I know when it is wise to show how difficult something is and when not to. A video where it looked more difficult would make more guys cringe and delay the surgery.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:42 am

I've seen the videos but was more interested in the style of approach than in the details.
Degloving is similar to circumcision except the skin is pulled down to the base. Today my circumcision scar is just a brownish colored ring. I imagine that after degloving you would have stitches all the way around and a much more noticeable scar? I had infra pubic reservoir implanting. Cut my fat pad right in half. Today the scar still itches. My first penoscrotal was horrible. 3 inch plus cut horizontal not vertical across the base of my shaft. The stitching was not even left a large lump of remaining skin on one side. OOOOPPS!!! But today other than a dead spot you can't even tell. My second penoscrotal was perfect. A small verticle cut midscrotum. I Woke up they took out the catheter I got up and my wife and I went out to lunch. That time I insisted on surgical glue NO STITCHES! Made all the difference.
Food for thought.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Jack317

Re: Kramer Vs. Eid

Postby Jack317 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:20 pm

strongagain wrote:
It's big country. There are several skilled surgeons all across the country who can do an excellent job; probably a good half-dozen in California alone.

Really? But why are so many people here complaining about their doctors? Why do many need revisions?

I went to Dr Warner at City of Hope Glendora. No complaints. Love my implant. If everyone only used the two or three high volume guys everyone talks about here it will be a pretty sad day when they retire or die.
Jack
60 yrs old
Pasadena, CA
Radical non nerve sparing (open cut) prostatectomy Dec 2013
Implant date 12.26.19

Return to “Implants”