Surgical style - what difference do it make?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
FMLFML85

deleted

Postby FMLFML85 » Tue May 07, 2019 10:42 pm

deleted
Last edited by FMLFML85 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

philly444

Re: Kramer Vs. Eid

Postby philly444 » Tue May 07, 2019 11:40 pm

Can we stop making these 2 doctors GOD? I had a very successful implant by another doctor at the University of Pennsylvania. I am really over this.
AMS 700 LGX 18cm, implanted December 16, 2016, University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Wm. Jaffe Married to a Man

FMLFML85

deleted

Postby FMLFML85 » Wed May 08, 2019 1:33 am

deleted

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Wed May 08, 2019 3:43 am

FMLFML85 wrote:These are the two I want the surgery from so scroll past this post if you don’t like it.

I had way less than perfect results from my doc in my signature. Not sure who I will go to for my revision when I am able to afford it. Thing is I was unlucky enough to have some problems. And my doc refused to see me about them until weeks later after I received a partial fix by an AMS rep. If that fix to my second problem had happened 3 weeks earlier things may have been a bit better. My problems involve my pump and my cylinders inflating differently. It is a long story but I have the saved e-mails of this from him plus there is a thread on this site of the second problem where in his e-mail he stated he had no idea what to do as he never had this problem with anyone who lasted as long as mine did. He did call me after that thread was posted and finally offered to see me changing his statement in the e-mail that he could fix it in his office in a very short time. Some damage had already been done and I had already had the partial fix by the AMS rep and did not fly back to see him as I was unable to do so by then.

Thing is I have no one anywhere close to where I live that my insurance will pay that I trust to do anything related to this. So I had to travel to have this done. For me I think I made the right choice to go to a doc with a good reputation for this. I was just unlucky to get a device that does not work properly. I could only afford one attempt at this as I paid out of pocket for this and it will be a few years before I can afford to try again. Even after the problems I still have something that works mostly and feel much better than I did before this surgery. Albeit not the perfect or near perfect outcome I had paid for and expected.

Bottom line to my post is that no one is perfect. It is difficult for follow up over the phone or e-mails. Much easier if you have a very good doc close to you IF problems occur. And much easier to get back in to see your doc. Both of these doc's are very good. Your chances of an as perfect outcome as you can have is very high with each of them. But there are others across the US and the world that are very good also. I would choose a local very good doc for the follow up care if that option was available to me. It was not, and I still think I made a good choice. Just keep in mind that all doc's have revision rates and it is possible that something will go wrong. Last time I checked Eid posted on his web site each of his patients with infection and the date. And devices malfunction and fail. Much better if you have someone local just in case. But if like me you don't then either one would be a good choice. As would be many others across the world.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed May 08, 2019 6:15 am

newbie443 wrote:
FMLFML85 wrote:These are the two I want the surgery from so scroll past this post if you don’t like it.

I had way less than perfect results from my doc in my signature. Not sure who I will go to for my revision when I am able to afford it. Thing is I was unlucky enough to have some problems. And my doc refused to see me about them until weeks later after I received a partial fix by an AMS rep. If that fix to my second problem had happened 3 weeks earlier things may have been a bit better. My problems involve my pump and my cylinders inflating differently. It is a long story but I have the saved e-mails of this from him plus there is a thread on this site of the second problem where in his e-mail he stated he had no idea what to do as he never had this problem with anyone who lasted as long as mine did. He did call me after that thread was posted and finally offered to see me changing his statement in the e-mail that he could fix it in his office in a very short time. Some damage had already been done and I had already had the partial fix by the AMS rep and did not fly back to see him as I was unable to do so by then.

Thing is I have no one anywhere close to where I live that my insurance will pay that I trust to do anything related to this. So I had to travel to have this done. For me I think I made the right choice to go to a doc with a good reputation for this. I was just unlucky to get a device that does not work properly. I could only afford one attempt at this as I paid out of pocket for this and it will be a few years before I can afford to try again. Even after the problems I still have something that works mostly and feel much better than I did before this surgery. Albeit not the perfect or near perfect outcome I had paid for and expected.

Bottom line to my post is that no one is perfect. It is difficult for follow up over the phone or e-mails. Much easier if you have a very good doc close to you IF problems occur. And much easier to get back in to see your doc. Both of these doc's are very good. Your chances of an as perfect outcome as you can have is very high with each of them. But there are others across the US and the world that are very good also. I would choose a local very good doc for the follow up care if that option was available to me. It was not, and I still think I made a good choice. Just keep in mind that all doc's have revision rates and it is possible that something will go wrong. Last time I checked Eid posted on his web site each of his patients with infection and the date. And devices malfunction and fail. Much better if you have someone local just in case. But if like me you don't then either one would be a good choice. As would be many others across the world.

It's really too bad this happened to you... Dr Kramer is a great surgeon but, as you said, devices will fail occasionally. It really sucks that you are so far away. Unfortunately, you have to be the guy that I have been talking about for the last year... By not having a local physician, now you will have more out of pocket expenses to go and get it fixed. This time it sounds like it is a device problem, which happens to both companies products but, because people will make the occasional mistakes, and devices will fail, this is why I say check locally before flying around the world... Incidentally, when I had my phone interview, Dr's Brock, Perito and Kramer said the same thing. Best to luck to you newbie for a pain free, speedy resolution to this pump problem. :)

Larry

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Wed May 08, 2019 11:13 am

Larry10625 wrote:
newbie443 wrote:

It's really too bad this happened to you... Dr Kramer is a great surgeon but, as you said, devices will fail occasionally. It really sucks that you are so far away. Unfortunately, you have to be the guy that I have been talking about for the last year... By not having a local physician, now you will have more out of pocket expenses to go and get it fixed. This time it sounds like it is a device problem, which happens to both companies products but, because people will make the occasional mistakes, and devices will fail, this is why I say check locally before flying around the world... Incidentally, when I had my phone interview, Dr's Brock, Perito and Kramer said the same thing. Best to luck to you newbie for a pain free, speedy resolution to this pump problem. :)

Larry

Thank you for the well wishes Larry. I hope I can make this one last for 3 years till I am able to sign up for Medicare.

There is more to this than I posted. Some can be seen and heard in my implant video. Nothing that compares to what you went through. But My doc does so many of these that there is simply not enough time for him to see every patient for follow up past his Friday check after his Wednesday surgery. And just about all of us have at least one and most times more WTF moments after this surgery. So his refusal to see me for follow up is somewhat understandable. But it dose not change that I have another problem that will need to be corrected due to the delay in receiving the partial fix that the AMS rep gave me. I have heard from another member that his doc has seen one of my docs patients in the past as that patient was having problems and my doc refused to see him also. I have no information on Eid as I have not seen or talked with him. At this time my fear is that my device will completely fail before I can afford to have all the problems I have corrected. My local doc said he does not do revisions because of the higher infection rate. So even considering an inch shorter hopefully properly working implant is not an option. And I have no reason to believe that my local doc could repair the damage I have. Still with all this I am able to have an erection and have sex with a woman again. That has been a life changer for me and I am so much better now than I was a year and a half ago. I do not regret any of the choices I made. Just wish I would have done this a long time ago.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

66 years young.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed May 08, 2019 11:18 am

newbie443 wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:
newbie443 wrote:I had way less than perfect results from my doc in my signature. Not sure who I will go to for my revision when I am able to afford it. Thing is I was unlucky enough to have some problems. And my doc refused to see me about them until weeks later after I received a partial fix by an AMS rep. If that fix to my second problem had happened 3 weeks earlier things may have been a bit better. My problems involve my pump and my cylinders inflating differently. It is a long story but I have the saved e-mails of this from him plus there is a thread on this site of the second problem where in his e-mail he stated he had no idea what to do as he never had this problem with anyone who lasted as long as mine did. He did call me after that thread was posted and finally offered to see me changing his statement in the e-mail that he could fix it in his office in a very short time. Some damage had already been done and I had already had the partial fix by the AMS rep and did not fly back to see him as I was unable to do so by then.

Larry

Thank you for the well wishes Larry. I hope I can make this one last for 3 years till I am able to sign up for Medicare.

There is more to this than I posted. Some can be seen and heard in my implant video. Nothing that compares to what you went through. But My doc does so many of these that there is simply not enough time for him to see every patient for follow up past his Friday check after his Wednesday surgery. And just about all of us have at least one and most times more WTF moments after this surgery. So his refusal to see me for follow up is somewhat understandable. But it dose not change that I have another problem that will need to be corrected due to the delay in receiving the partial fix that the AMS rep gave me. I have heard from another member that his doc has seen one of my docs patients in the past as that patient was having problems and my doc refused to see him also. I have no information on Eid as I have not seen or talked with him. At this time my fear is that my device will completely fail before I can afford to have all the problems I have corrected. My local doc said he does not do revisions because of the higher infection rate. So even considering an inch shorter hopefully properly working implant is not an option. And I have no reason to believe that my local doc could repair the damage I have. Still with all this I am able to have an erection and have sex with a woman again. That has been a life changer for me and I am so much better now than I was a year and a half ago. I do not regret any of the choices I made. Just wish I would have done this a long time ago.

He REFUSED to see you? Does he know that there are problems? Is this just a secretary stating his usual wishes and does not know the whole story? WOW... Busy or not, that is NOT good. Most surgeons do not like going in on someone else's work. Fingers crossed for the three years but I would keep bugging him until he saw you, or keep looking for a surgeon to fix what is wrong. Try asking AMS for advice or to refer you to a GOOD surgeon who is close and will see you after another doctors has been slicing and dicing. :)

Larry

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Wed May 08, 2019 12:52 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
newbie443 wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:

Larry

He REFUSED to see you? Does he know that there are problems? Is this just a secretary stating his usual wishes and does not know the whole story? WOW... Busy or not, that is NOT good. Most surgeons do not like going in on someone else's work. Fingers crossed for the three years but I would keep bugging him until he saw you, or keep looking for a surgeon to fix what is wrong. Try asking AMS for advice or to refer you to a GOOD surgeon who is close and will see you after another doctors has been slicing and dicing. :)

Larry

I have all my e-mails saved to and from him advising him of my problems and his refusal to see me. This started when I was in Baltimore after his Friday visit to my hotel room. I had prepared in case of problems and had a flight leaving on Monday instead of the prior Saturday. I even had flight insurance and could have move my return to later that week. The e-mail to him advised him of this as well as my first problem. Most likely this was correct in that there was nothing that could be done at that time and all that could be done is wait and see how it all worked out. When I am able to have a revision I will start a new search for a surgeon but not just one that can replace a device that has failed. I need one like yours that can repair some damage.

66 years young.

FMLFML85

deleted

Postby FMLFML85 » Wed May 08, 2019 3:59 pm

deleted

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed May 08, 2019 6:11 pm

newbie443 wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:
newbie443 wrote:

Larry

I have all my e-mails saved to and from him advising him of my problems and his refusal to see me. This started when I was in Baltimore after his Friday visit to my hotel room. I had prepared in case of problems and had a flight leaving on Monday instead of the prior Saturday. I even had flight insurance and could have move my return to later that week. The e-mail to him advised him of this as well as my first problem. Most likely this was correct in that there was nothing that could be done at that time and all that could be done is wait and see how it all worked out. When I am able to have a revision I will start a new search for a surgeon but not just one that can replace a device that has failed. I need one like yours that can repair some damage.

You are very right... I managed to get two of the most talented surgeons in North America in the same OR at the same time. All you have to do is read the story and look at the pictures. I hope that you get the same amount of talent in your OR... nobody deserves this hell that we go through. :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”