TSA and Implants

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
shadowwolfe

TSA and Implants

Postby shadowwolfe » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:29 pm

A while back someone asked if there is any issues with TSA and implants and I thought the same - not really.

Today I learned differently. They felt my implant and say they said "they could not resolve an issue". The guy called over another person and he said the same. They took me to a backroom. For the third time I explained I had an implant. He said that is not my penis he felt and I said it was. He said he had to get more aggressive in the search so he grabbed sections of the penis and still said he could not resolve. He called a supervisor and finally I was really given no other option but to undress totally from the waist down and show it was my penis.

They apologized over and over like that would make it better. So just be forewarn it CAN cause an issue.
Prostate cancer at age 38? Implant Titan OTR April 28, 2011, Salt Lake City, UT. Line broke 2017 because pump was placed too high and a line was pinched. Replacement October 10, 2017 Reims, France with the new model Titan OTR.

hockey

Re: TSA and Implants

Postby hockey » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:32 am

TSA has zero "common sense"! We get this when we get more and more government in our lives.
This kind of thing is only going to get worse. As a retired law enforcement I am sorry you had to go through that!
67 yr's young. Loving wife and 4 children 7 grandchildren. Type II diabetic for 9 years. Could retire but love my job and the people I work for. Pills, Pumps & Injections all failed. Implanted on 9/2/11. I am now "Bionic":)

hockey

Postby hockey » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:33 am

TSA has zero "common sense"! We get this when we get more and more government in our lives.
This kind of thing is only going to get worse. As a retired law enforcement I am sorry you had to go through that!
67 yr's young. Loving wife and 4 children 7 grandchildren. Type II diabetic for 9 years. Could retire but love my job and the people I work for. Pills, Pumps & Injections all failed. Implanted on 9/2/11. I am now "Bionic":)

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:19 am

Something is going to need to be done about our government!.. Our country is going in the wrong direction. When will this ever end. Talk about a police state!

This just makes me sick. As long as we continue to elect these clowns in office we will just get worse.

Cajun jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:26 am

Shadow:

I am stunned with this. It should not have happened, but some TSA personnel have a general lack of common sense and believe we all can be a threat. I want to follow up with this issue thru our airport security people as Indy, a new airport terminal with a new post 11 security system, has a good group, generally, who have been well trained. They talked with me earlier about the issue and explained the possibility of an implant should/is discussed as a part of training.

Please send me a private message, if you wish, of the airport which gave you the trouble. I want to be able to point out the region of the TSA system which needs additional training. FrankTalk takes this type of issue seriously. We guys have enough going on and don't need some under-trained yeah-who hassling us.

The only possible positive result seems to be since he felt you twice and didn't believe what he was "feeling"- ah, jealously is such burden for some to deal with. . . If it happens again you can always offer to show them how it works: that may well end the interview rather quickly!

Thanks much for letting us know.

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

Genome

I respectfully disagree.

Postby Genome » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:27 am

I guess I respectfully disagree with most of you guys. It is stupid when lil kids and very old people are patted down. But all in all I think these TSA folk have a difficult job. They are in a no-win situation. Damned if you do and damned if you dont...as it were. If they appear to be profiling they get charged...so they have to double check some who dont fit the typical terrorist profile (young men) to prove they are not profiling.

As for me, I feel safer flying because of all the efforts that are being made to stop terrorists. But it is not fool proof. Yes...it is inconvenient...and not what we would want...but this is a very dangerous age.

I have an implant and fully anticipate being pulled aside if i get patted down. I dont like it but I do understand the need to pull me aside. After all...one terrorist did have explosives in his "panties." And TSA agents must search for explosives there. And my implant definitely feels like something unnatural and foreign to that area of the body.

My anger is not with the TSA folks...but with the terrorists who make all this necessary.

Illuminist

Postby Illuminist » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:56 pm

TSA is unnecessary and as someone before me mentioned, it will only get worse.

Just because some underwear bomber gets onto a plane WITHOUT A PASSPORT and decides to try and set his crotch on fire, doesn't justify molestation of women, children and the elderly.

I have been through TSA checkpoints on several occasions and they have yet to pat me down. I do like how they added the 3rd option where they just swab your hands. Before it was A: Nuked like a TV dinner or B: Molested.

antelope

Postby antelope » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:11 pm

Next time it happens, give him or her a $20 tip and tell them you've heard that's the going rate in other whorehouses. See if that gets their attention.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:45 pm

Actually, I did talk to a TSA agent many months ago and i was assured they had been trained and thoroughly educated about penile implants. LOLOLOL.
If you would give Regain-is-the-aim the information, as a foundation, we can go after the TSA to get this straightened out.
Also, would you contact me so that i can let the implant makers know this is going on? They have a stake in this too. Warranted or not, every TSA worker should be aware of a penile implant.
This is also something your congressman should be involved with. Education, education, education. This is a real opportunity (don't worry, not at your expense) to educate these people who are (supposedly) on the front line of protecting our national security. a quick 10 minute sensitivity talk would take care of this.
thanks
Paul

Dave48003

Postby Dave48003 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:29 pm

I haven't flown since my implant, but that will happen sooner or later.

This is strictly my opinion and because of my casual attitude about my body. If I get questioned, I will immediately ask them to take me to a private area and I will gladly show them the implant. I can't blame them, they're doing their jobs, difficult ones at that. If that means I have to show them otherwise private areas, and let them touch, squeeze, whatever to satisfy their apprehension, I will gladly do so in the name of education. Hopefully the next guy that comes along will benefit, and I might have educated someone with ED to a solution they didn't know existed.

BTW, I got a card to carry when I had surgery.

Dave
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

Return to “Implants”