New & Improved Implants

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Vagabond127

New & Improved Implants

Postby Vagabond127 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:04 pm

Hey everyone. Getting implant in a few months. Curious if anyone has ever been concerned that there will be new and improved devices after you had your surgery. In other words...too late to get a better implant. Also, does anyone know of any major improvements to devices coming down the pike?

Thanks guys.
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

DonBecker54

Re: New & Improved Implants

Postby DonBecker54 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:35 pm

I photographed prosthetics like these and others for manufacturer brochures back about 1982 or so. Nothing has really changed since then.
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

merrix

Postby merrix » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:41 pm

Vagabond127 wrote:Hey everyone. Getting implant in a few months. Curious if anyone has ever been concerned that there will be new and improved devices after you had your surgery. In other words...too late to get a better implant. Also, does anyone know of any major improvements to devices coming down the pike?

Thanks guys.

No I am not worried about that.
If I was, I could never do anything. Getting an implant, buying a TV, or whatever.
There will always be something new coming one day. If we're going to wait for the new version we'll get stuck with no version at all.

Plus, in the case of an implant, I am not sure I'd rather be the frontier user with a new technology than the last user of the old proven one...
Kind of a functionality vs reliability trade-off, and in this case, considering the extreme hassle of a repair work, I think I'd go for the reliability.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Vagabond127

Postby Vagabond127 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:47 pm

Thanks for the responses so far. I never realized how much I over analyze things. The feedback I received just crossed the t's and dotted the i's for me. I will confidently go forward with the procedure. THANKS guys!
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:22 am

DonBecker54 wrote:I photographed prosthetics like these and others for manufacturer brochures back about 1982 or so. Nothing has really changed since then.

Whilst in terms of the basic functioning i understood what you said, that is in fact not true. There are new types of prosteshis controlled differently, if i read the article correctly. If they will pickup or not, i don't know, since this is currently the best we've got with proven results. So, personally, even though there are new things coming, i think things won't be much different in terms of a new option until a couple of years down the road...

what do yo guys think?

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:00 am

PFracture wrote:
DonBecker54 wrote:I photographed prosthetics like these and others for manufacturer brochures back about 1982 or so. Nothing has really changed since then.

Whilst in terms of the basic functioning i understood what you said, that is in fact not true. There are new types of prosteshis controlled differently, if i read the article correctly. If they will pickup or not, i don't know, since this is currently the best we've got with proven results. So, personally, even though there are new things coming, i think things won't be much different in terms of a new option until a couple of years down the road...

what do yo guys think?

There have been major advances in penile implanting, ranging from changes in the device itself to procedures for implanting. Here's a website mentioning some of these advances.

https://www.urologicalcare.com/penile-i ... novations/

KMeister

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:30 pm

Titan came up with a "Zero Degree" revision in 2012; which means that the tubes that lead from the pump to the cylinders go into the pump parallel to the cylinders. It makes it easier for the surgeon to implant.

That and "Bioflex" infection control (which I believe came out a while before 2012) are about the only things that I know of. I have the Titan with those improvements. If they come up with anything substantial, I guess it's like buying a 2016 car and seeing the improvements on the 2017. Eventaully, you just have to take the plunge and buy the thing knowing that there will always be improvements.

Now if they could just come up with one that adds about four inches . . .
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

Xomanow

Postby Xomanow » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:00 pm

I would like a remote control...........
Implanted Jan 4 2017 by Dr. Eid - 70 yo and single...ED gradually over 15 yrs...tired of pills, injections, cock rings....happy with my choice and results. Titan OTR - one 20cm cylinder - one 20cm+1 RTE...."got a rocket in my pocket"....

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:40 pm

H.Pineapple wrote:I would like a remote control...........

They are working on it.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:33 am

merrix wrote:
Vagabond127 wrote:Hey everyone. Getting implant in a few months. Curious if anyone has ever been concerned that there will be new and improved devices after you had your surgery. In other words...too late to get a better implant. Also, does anyone know of any major improvements to devices coming down the pike?

Thanks guys.

No I am not worried about that.
If I was, I could never do anything. Getting an implant, buying a TV, or whatever.
There will always be something new coming one day. If we're going to wait for the new version we'll get stuck with no version at all.

Plus, in the case of an implant, I am not sure I'd rather be the frontier user with a new technology than the last user of the old proven one...
Kind of a functionality vs reliability trade-off, and in this case, considering the extreme hassle of a repair work, I think I'd go for the reliability.

As always, a sound opinion. Couldn't agree more.

Return to “Implants”