My Journey

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dirtman1993

Re: My Journey

Postby dirtman1993 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:49 am

I have forgotten one thing that I had no knowledge about, the "Catheter Removal". Never had one before and didn't know about going to hotel with one and removing the next day myself. First, glad I slept at hotel, beds much better and following catheter removal directions I found on youtube work great. The only thing I may do different, take a larger catch bag for the night as the leg bag had to be emptied throughout the night as I was drinking water and cranberry juice. Tried to clear up one photo but not sure it helped.
Attachments
Scab on Head and Shafts March 12.jpg
Scab on Head and Shafts March 12.jpg (56.53 KiB) Viewed 2760 times
Last edited by dirtman1993 on Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

ValPinto

Postby ValPinto » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:51 pm

Great job with your surgeon choice and recovery. After Kramer and "his team" did mine I was healed in 2 weeks. Occasionally I write him an anecdote about a family event or vacation, when something good or bad happens in my life, and he writes back in 10 minutes. good stuff

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:37 pm

I also went to Andrew Kramer in Maryland after seeing that he is willing to videotape your operation, and give you a copy if you want. He's been in practice 15 years and never been sued. I found him to be a master craftsman. The video came out well, the commentary was mildly entertaining- he just gave a matter of fact conversation for 4 minutes explaining his thoughts in a humble and relaxed manner. He started mine late, like around 6pm. I wasn't really awake and fully aware of my surroundings till maybe 10pm. Well- Dr. Kramer did hang around and waited at the hospital for me to wake up so he could talk to me. The nurses kept telling me that they were 100% certain he never leaves until he speaks to every single patient of the day when he's sure the patients are awake and coherent. So he's a very solid guy indeed.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:33 am

ValPinto wrote:Great job with your surgeon choice and recovery. After Kramer and "his team" did mine I was healed in 2 weeks. Occasionally I write him an anecdote about a family event or vacation, when something good or bad happens in my life, and he writes back in 10 minutes. good stuff

Same here. If I have a question even now he writes back. Not sure how he does it given the number of surgeries and patients but continues to be very caring now almost a year out from my surgery. No one is perfect but you can tell he really cares about all of his patients. We are not just a procedure. Sounds like there are a few other surgeons like Dr Kramer such as Dr Eid from as several have said here but also many others who would prefer we stayed under anesthesia and didnt ask questions. That would not have worked for me. Pick your surgeon carefully. Wait if you can't afford the time or money to go to the best. Interview/meet with at least a couple before you pull the trigger including at least a call to Dr. Kramer. One phone call from him was it all it took to convince me after watching his videos. Watch his hands........
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:40 pm

March 13th and photo I took concerned me when viewing. The photo shows an area under the penis where it was unusual to me and reached out for help to Dr. Kramer. I sent this photo to him and within a VERY short time I had a response that explained what I was looking at. Below is the information I received from him in his words and put me at ease.

"This is simply called "granulation tissue" or some little skin reactive gooey stuff that forms on the incision around the dissolvable stitches. You do not have a serious device infection of any kind- it just looks kind of nasty but isn't anything to worry about. I'd actually not put too much neosporin on it, I would let it dry up as much as possible, let a scab form, and just dab it after a shower then let it get totally dry. The pictures I saw on your on-line post looked amazing. I think it's doing fine, just has to run it's course. Don't put ointment on it, just let it dry. Let's keep looking at photos over the next few days and see."

For anyone seeing this, always wait more than ten minutes for your doctor to respond as they have a life also. Had to remove some Neosporin because I didn't.

The lower two photos show that area in question Sunday March 13th in the bottom photo and center photo March 14th with changes having taken place. The top photo shows how the bruising is gone from the sides and penis itself.

For anyone who has to wait days or weeks for their doctor to respond, find a different doctor who will respond to a patients concerns as I did. If I can answer anything, contact me as I will help anyone I can.
Attachments
March 13th Showing Most Bruising Gone from Top.JPG
March 13th Showing Most Bruising Gone from Top.JPG (28.4 KiB) Viewed 2760 times
March 14 Shows Most bruising Gone.jpg
March 14 Shows Most bruising Gone.jpg (56.07 KiB) Viewed 2760 times
March 13th Area In Question.jpg
March 13th Area In Question.jpg (64.64 KiB) Viewed 2760 times
Last edited by dirtman1993 on Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

treifsnyder

Postby treifsnyder » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:43 pm

You're having a miraculous recovery, very quick. I watched your video as well, also pretty amazing. Kramer did another amazing job. Yes- he is very responsive and likable, but his hands and technique if you watch the videos is unreal. So smooth-

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:34 pm

Great Improvement in the last 48 hours. Pictures below show area in question previously is now looking very good and bruising continues to disappear. New Today is the swelling is reducing even more within the testicle area and inside the penis from implant placement I guess. If you view earlier photos and today you will see a vast difference not only in visible length and also girth. things are getting almost back to normal and I have figured out what is the best to wear in a car and what a relief.

The healing process has been far better than what many have had and I believe it is due to my Surgeon and his team. I would love to be able to thank all of them but not sure how. Something I will have to work on.

I have tried to replace photos as before but some may not be in exactly order and very sorry. Should have dated when taken
Attachments
March 18 Back to Normal.jpg
March 18 Back to Normal.jpg (81.43 KiB) Viewed 2760 times
CD187DB1-6F00-411E-87D2-D230BB0954A2.JPG
CD187DB1-6F00-411E-87D2-D230BB0954A2.JPG (26.35 KiB) Viewed 2760 times
F30D18B2-3014-4922-A6DB-58A286E3EFE8.JPG
F30D18B2-3014-4922-A6DB-58A286E3EFE8.JPG (24.35 KiB) Viewed 2760 times
Last edited by dirtman1993 on Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OttoHS

Postby OttoHS » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:33 pm

dirtman1993 wrote:The healing process has been far better than what many have had and I believe it is due to my Surgeon and his team. I would love to be able to thank all of them but not sure how. Something I will have to work on.

I am a lawyer, not a doctor. But, I think that my dealings with clients are analogous to doctor-patient relations. You may underestimate how much just a simple "thank you" said face-to-face means. That is not to say that doing something else, like letting others know how satisfied you were with your care or a card or a note, will not be appreciated. But knowing that someone you have served as a professional is happy and appreciative of what you have done for them is a great reward in and of itself. I am very appreciative of what Dr Kramer and his team have done for me and I have told him so. If you do the same the next time you see him, you will have accomplished what you would like to do.

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:22 am

Such an awesome recovery. Also, thank you so much once again for keeping us updated with photos. Gives such a clearer picture, and hopefully will set the trend somewhat for future posters.
Last edited by PFracture on Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:17 am

I want to thank all who have written about Dr. Kramer and I will continue to post updates until I an able to inflate with the doctor. That will be filmed and I will try to post on YouTube so all can see what the average person goes through with their inflate. Still can't feel the release button yet as stitches are still present as you can see in photos. Two weeks from today I will be on my way back from seeing Dr. Kramer and first inflate. Have read some have some pain and will update as to what it is like.

As the healing continues where the remaining stitches are I will post those photos. Photos today show area under penis healing and scab now gone from head. Seeing my local doctor so she can inspect the area today. I have provide her with links to surgery and "My Journey" so she can share with other male/female patients that may be having the same problem in their family many of us are so she can help them.

I hope men everywhere will be there to help others and be proud that WE have taken the step to improve our lives along with our partners. ED is either a health issue or just plain aging and no one should be ashamed to talk about it.

Some of my family knew what was happening and yet I didn't tell my son. I finally told him what had happened and what action I took. In speaking with him I learned he was starting to have a problem and it sounded like a leak. Told him to do all the research he could, get examined by the best doctor he could find and if he took the step I did, see Dr. Kramer as he is the best. There is no reason for him to wait all the years I did having less and less ability when it can be fixed now.
Attachments
IMG_0654.JPG
IMG_0654.JPG (112.69 KiB) Viewed 2860 times
IMG_0685.JPG
IMG_0685.JPG (125.8 KiB) Viewed 2860 times
IMG_0642.JPG
IMG_0642.JPG (95.03 KiB) Viewed 2860 times
Last edited by dirtman1993 on Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Implants”