Can't inflate past where implant was after surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DonBecker54

Can't inflate past where implant was after surgery

Postby DonBecker54 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:35 pm

I went on Wednesday for my six-week followup after surgery, and my first inflation. The cylinders will not inflate past the partial-inflation size they were left at after surgery. I can squeeze that bulb as hard as possible, even using two hands, but it doesn't compress and the cylinders don't expand. I do finger exercises at least an hour a day for playing guitar, so my fingers aren't weak. The only way I could get more pressure on that bulb would be to use tools.

Any ideas?
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

roninhouston

Re: Can't inflate past where implant was after surgery

Postby roninhouston » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:02 pm

I do not use the technique shown in the AMS animated video (i.e., not a real person) which shows inflating the pump with the tips of your fingers. I bend my index finger, put it under the pump and press against the top of the bulb with my thumb. This might give you some more leverage to have a firmer press. You can also use your other hand to help press on top of your hand for a two handed press.

Any mention of using a tool to pump up sounds dangerous.

Good luck.
Bionic with AMS CX on August 14, 2015. Inflated September 15th by Dr. Robert Cornell.
Was 69 with VL
. Pre-Op VED Protocol Therapy and Post-Op VED Protocol Therapy: Pre-Op length by 6th month.

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:08 pm

DonBecker54 wrote:I went on Wednesday for my six-week followup after surgery, and my first inflation. The cylinders will not inflate past the partial-inflation size they were left at after surgery. I can squeeze that bulb as hard as possible, even using two hands, but it doesn't compress and the cylinders don't expand. I do finger exercises at least an hour a day for playing guitar, so my fingers aren't weak. The only way I could get more pressure on that bulb would be to use tools.

Any ideas?

Don't run into the toolbox to get the pliers yet.

My first recommendation is to suggest that you call your doctor about this. Also, call the facility where the surgery was done and get a copy of the operation report. By law, you are entitled to a copy upon request. I usually have mine faxed to me.

Off the top of my head (the big one)...I suppose if the doctor really had the "partial-inflation size" at a high percentage (some docs go 70%) you might not see much increase. Also, regular cycling might increase the size over time. My size increased quite significantly over six months of cycling.

Again, contact your doctor and get your op report. The report will tell you what size cylinders you have, whether the doc fully inflated you after installing the implant, etc.

Please keep us informed.

KMeister

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:18 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I am using the bent index finger underneath the bulb, and the thumb on top. I'm also using two hands, with the right hand thumb over the left and the right index finger over the left hand index finger. I can squeeze until my arms start shaking, but there's no movement.

The post-op inflated size was just 2". I hope that's not all I'm going to get.

I don't feel any pressure from the cylinders inside my penis, so I don't think they're expanding or trying to expand at all. I thought there was supposed to be feeling when they expand.

I faxed in forms to the medical records release department to get the part numbers and/or sizes of the cylinders and rear tip extenders. I can't ask the doctor about this, as I can't speak to him. His nurse won't allow it, nor will she ask him.
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

jelizondo12

Postby jelizondo12 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:02 pm

I don't know if this will help but maybe one of your tubes is bent and won't let liquid to pass into the cylinder. just something to try, move them around

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:31 pm

I do move the tubes around. I have to do that to get at one of the release buttons, as the valve is positioned such that the right release button is buried behind a Vas Deferens tube.

The tube makes a sharp 90 degree bend in my abdomen where it goes left to the reservoir. It's such a perfect 90 degree bend that I'm sure it's by design.

It's allowing fluid to get through, but only until the penis reaches the post-op size.

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:14 pm

DonBecker54 wrote:Thanks for the replies.

I am using the bent index finger underneath the bulb, and the thumb on top. I'm also using two hands, with the right hand thumb over the left and the right index finger over the left hand index finger. I can squeeze until my arms start shaking, but there's no movement.

The post-op inflated size was just 2". I hope that's not all I'm going to get.

I don't feel any pressure from the cylinders inside my penis, so I don't think they're expanding or trying to expand at all. I thought there was supposed to be feeling when they expand.

I faxed in forms to the medical records release department to get the part numbers and/or sizes of the cylinders and rear tip extenders. I can't ask the doctor about this, as I can't speak to him. His nurse won't allow it, nor will she ask him.

Doctors almost always respond to a written request because they understand how a paper trail can come back to haunt them. I recommend faxing your doctor a request for information. I would be very surprised if you don't get a response. I hate to say it but it sounds like you chose the wrong doctor.

KMeister

David_R

Postby David_R » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:52 pm

roninhouston wrote:I bend my index finger, put it under the pump and press against the top of the bulb with my thumb.

This is what I do, too.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:19 am

I found mine pumps the best if I pull the pump away from my body at a right angle and almost above the base of my penis. Sometimes I have to do the release valve and pump even if VERY hard and fluid moves VERY slow, then release again and try again. I do realize you have a different product and the pump is not the same. Also sometimes it will not pump or quit pumping and I rotate my hand 1/4 turn on the bulb and then it will pump.... sometimes one pump, sometimes many before I have to rotate back. When people are having similar issues with different model implants and the same doctor I think the doctor's technique sucks. Hope things get better. Any doc near you that gives a damn that might help?
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:33 am

alibaba, I've tried pretty much every combination of holding the bulb and valve. If it were in its original place at the rear, it would be much more accessible. That migration really made a mess of the tubes.

I'm going to make another appointment with the physician's assistant, or whatever she is, who I saw on Wednesday. I'm going to see if she can fully inflate it.

Coloplast also gave me the name of one of their "gold star" urologists in my state. He's 300 miles away at the other end of the state, but if the physician''s assistant can't inflate it, I'll have him troubleshoot it.

If this has to be redone, I'm getting an attorney. If it has to be redone, I want Eid to do it, and I'm not going to pay for it.

Return to “Implants”