Doctor’s statistics

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
danny1553

Doctor’s statistics

Postby danny1553 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:59 am

How to find out a particular doctor’s professional profile and implant statistics? Things like publications, researches, number of surgeries per year, infection rate etc.
I am looking for the following doctors:
Ethan Grober (Toronto)
Stephen Steele (Kingston)
Charendoff (Weston)
Brock (London)
Dean S. Elterman

Electrician

Re: Doctor’s statistics

Postby Electrician » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:11 pm

Danny ,what we did was call Coloplast And Ams and ask to talk to area rep and ask about how many each Doc perched from them I'm my area. CAUSE IF YOU ask the Doctors they all said they are the best and allways said they did lots .Never would give u a number.We also ask the doctors surgery scheduler and they would never give a stright answer. HOPE this helps .
Implanted 01/2016,AMS Cx at 56 had Ed for years ,On the pills (18yr) and injection (5yrs) married 37 years .Hope to use this inplant for years to come.

danny1553

Postby danny1553 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:10 am

Thank you Electrician
Actually that's a good idea to contact the implant manufacturers directly.

danny1553

Postby danny1553 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:21 pm

Here is the reply from Coloplast on my request about the number of implanst per year and infection rate:

Unfortunately, as a medical device company we do not have access to this information nor can we provide physician recommendations for legality reasons. Your best bet would be to reach out to these physicians personally and ask them the below questions directly.

SPRAYED1

Postby SPRAYED1 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:06 pm

Danny,
I went to Dr. Grober originally at Mount Sinai and he told me the cost would be between $6-7K. Found out there are two surgeons in Ontario that do implants under Ohip coverage, Dr. Brock in London and Dr. Bella in Ottawa. Went with Dr. Brock and was implanted on Feb.4th. of this year. Found him to be an excellent surgeon. I think their allowed to do 20 a month under Ohip funding. Dr
Brock did 4 of them the day I was there. With no disrespect intended, he told me he does more implants in a month than Dr. Grober does in a year. Makes sense due to the funding. I would therefore conclude that Dr. Brock or Dr. Bella are likely the most experienced in Ontario. I heard Dr. Steele is good ( think on this board somewhere) but no Ohip funding. I heard with Bella your initial appointment is quick but long surgery wait time. With Dr. Brock longer initial appointment but fairly quick surgery. With me and Dr. Brock took from March 2015 to September 2015 to get an appointment but in September February 2016 surgery was booked. Hope this helps.

danny1553

Postby danny1553 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:35 pm

Hi Sprayed1

Thanks a lot for the info. As you might know, Dr. Bella no longer does the surgeries due to problems related to his back. I am his patient.
I am to see Dr. Bella in May and I will ask to refer me to Dr. Brock.
I've read several Dr. Brock's publications and the subjects he addresses make me believe that he is serious about the importance of preserving length. It is going to be a long drive for me (about 6 hours) but when it comes to such subject, I wouldn't hesitate to go even farther.

Dr. Bella also likes to refer his patients to Dr. Serge Carrier in Montreal. By any chance, have heard anything about him? I cannot find much information on him neither in English nor in French.

SPRAYED1

Postby SPRAYED1 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:34 am

Danny.
Wasn't aware of Bella no longer doing them. Dr. Brock certainly does his best to give U the largest implant and gets the tips 3/4 of the way into the glans. Sorry haven't heard of Dr. Carrier.

ValPinto

Postby ValPinto » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:05 pm

The last time I had called Dr. Anthony Bella, he said the wait list was 2-3 years (!!) due to Canadian system. He told me the guy he trusted that did the best work in the world was Andrew Kramer in Baltimore, also a good friend of his. He was sending guys his way. But Bella is the real deal I think, the Canadian system we could debate for hours….

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:54 pm

If you go to www.ColoplastMensHealth.com, click Physicians and enter your Zip Code, you can access a list of experienced Titan Penile Implant Surgeons in your area, as well as "Centers of Excellence".
Hope this is helpful.
Bob
Note: I was implanted with the Titan in December 2007 and my wife and I have fully enjoyed it for the past 8 years and counting!!

Return to “Implants”