HARD or Soft... What type of implant do you have?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
alibaba

HARD or Soft... What type of implant do you have?

Postby alibaba » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:18 pm

If your implant is hard as steel, what kind is it?
If your implant is flimsy and bendable, what kind is it?
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

merrix

Re: HARD or Soft... What type of implant do you have?

Postby merrix » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:42 am

Good question.
Unfortunately I think you won't get the answers you want.
Simply because most people have only had one implant. And even if Mr. X says his Implant A is hard as steel, and Mr. Y says his implant B is not so hard - I doubt you can say A is harder than B.
I think this is a too subjective issue where the answers will be heavily influenced by issues such as what the erection quality was before implant, what the expectation of the implant erection was, how well the doctor put it in there, and probably the fact as well that some people just don't want to 'admit' to themselves that maybe things aren't perfect, but rather taking every chance to justify their actions. Finally people are simply different. Some are more positive and less prone to see anything negative than what some others are.

Anyway, it's still a good question, and I'll give you my answer:
I have a Titan 24 cm without RTEs. According to Eid, this is the hardest and least wobbling setup on the market. Even slightly better than other Titans of other length. Reason being shorter cylinders have lower ratio of inflatable vs solid length, and longer cylinders being too long to achieve the same stability.
According to him, a 24 cm Titan (or any Titan) without RTEs will be noticeably harder and less wobbly (i.e. hinge effect) than any AMS implant, especially with RTEs.
I don't say that just because he says so it's the truth. There are other top guys out there with other (official) opinions. But if he is right, then chances are that if anybody with an AMS with RTEs describe their erection as harder than what I describe mine, then it is because of subjective perception and expectation based reasons. Or because their surgeons did a better installation than what mine did.

So how would I classify my implant's hardness?

Well the shaft doesn't bend. It's impossible to bend it. My wife though feels that the hardness is same as what I had pre implant and post sclerotherapy on my best day. Not harder, not softer. Same. But definitely harder than anything I ever had pre sclerotherapy. On the other hand, comparing to my natural erectioni before the sclerotherapy treatment doesn't say much since my erections back then were clearly softer than what a normal natural erection is. The comparison to my post sclerotherapy means more. According to my wife, when I had a good erection after the sclerotherapy, they were harder than what she had ever experienced before, including when being with other men before she met me. I personally think it is slightly harder than my best post sclero pre implant erection, but apparently that extra hardness is not noticeable to a woman.

Regarding the hinge: It is weird how quickly one forgets. I struggle to remember how much hinge my natural erection had on its best day even though I've only had the implant for 7 weeks.
My implant has some degree of hinge though for sure. And thank god for that. If the implant was super stiff all the way from the asshole to the tip, having good sex would be difficult and probably painful for both.
My implant dick passes the bath towel test. Whatever the definition of that is.
How heavy a bath towel?
Is it hung at the base or at the tip?
We're again getting lost in subjectiveness and difficulties in comparing people's answers.
What I have tried is a dry normal sized bath towel which i hang evenly distributed on my dick from base to tip.
This barely hinges the penis. Just marginally. I'd say approximately from the normal 2:45 position (yes, my 2 o'clock days are already over) to 3:00.
Is this a hinge effect? Some would say yes and some would say no.
Unfortunately I never tried the bath towel test pre implant. Maybe because I almost never had a spontaneous erection in the bath room. And if I had, I was in a hurry to make better use of it than hanging towels on it...

Furthermore, regarding the hinge, I'd say that the same amount of hinge without implant and with implant, will feel like the hinge is more with the implant. I think the reason is that when a perfect natural erection is stretched (bent) down, it is natural mechanisms which provide the resistance. The resistance will be felt and hence it feels like there is a strong force working against the hinge. With the implant, there is no natural forces in play. Which means that one cannot really feel the forces working against the hinge.
In my case, I would guess that my implant hinge in reality is less than my natural hinge. But the feeling is as if it was the opposite.
Finally I also think there is a difference between up-down and left-right hinge.
I would say that what I described above goes for the up-down hinge. Regarding the left-right hinge it is definitely less with the implant. Both in reality and perception wise.

Looking forward to more answers to your question.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:55 am

I understand subject. There are no direct and universal standards of measure in this format. Medically there are but not dick at home at play convenience. The towel is readily available thought there are variables. head towel, bath towel, beach towel size bath towel, hanging it on the end or draping across the whole length. You gave good information on your now dicked towel.
Your stating you cannot bend it was the information I am seeking. I could not bend my natural erection when it worked. You cannot bend your pseudo erection, so clearly it works. My can be bent in any direction, top bottom, middle, up down sideways with one hand and little effort.
Trying to figure out if the differences are brand, model, or possibly how or who installed.
The longer you report, the more I am convinced Eid is a man of his word. I watched his AMS LGX demonstration. Also Watched Kramers. Disappointing in my opinion.
Makes me very happy to continually hear you are doing so well. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

merrix

Postby merrix » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:31 am

alibaba wrote: Your stating you cannot bend it was the information I am seeking. I could not bend my natural erection when it worked. You cannot bend your pseudo erection, so clearly it works. My can be bent in any direction, top bottom, middle, up down sideways with one hand and little effort.
Trying to figure out if the differences are brand, model, or possibly how or who installed.

Even though I think it is well established that a Titan normally is harder in the hard state and unfortunately harder in the flaccid state as well, the difference in the hardness seems to be of no practical meaning, since there are dozens of AMS guys here claiming their implant is more than hard enough.

In other words, I would say something must be wrong with your device or maybe with its installation. I have never heard anyone saying it can be bent 90 degrees when fully pumped. Have you? Or maybe it is common, just that people don't want to admit it.
And if it can be bent 90 degrees, is it even usable for good sex? I doubt even my old shitty semi-erection could be bent 90 degrees.

On the other side, maybe you are not pumping fully? Maybe you think you do, but actually don't for some reason. Pain, swelling...?

I don't know what of course, but something is not right either with your pumping, your device, or your installation.

-Not enough fluid in the system? So even when you pump all fluid in to the cylinders, it is still not enough?

-Something wrong with the valve, meaning when you reach a certain level, the fluid drains back at the same pace you are pumping?

-Air bubbles in the system preventing further pumping?

-Your dick being simply too thick (or was too thick), so that the cylinders don't completely fill up your cavernosa and hence your bending is not really the cylinders bending, it's your flesh bending around the cylinders? Btw, I know a surgeon, for whatever it is worth, who says no AMS implant will ever work well on a man with a really large penis. Simply because the cylinder diameter is not large enough.
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth

merrix

Postby merrix » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:43 am

Just now there were 44 views on this thread and only me has responded to the question stated in the thread.
Maybe some of these 44 don't even have an implant and hence cannot answer.
But I guess several of these 44 persons do have one.
Of course, it is up to everyone to choose whether to reply or not.
But the value of this forum would be so greatly improved if people just replied and not just read.
What is the value of this thread if 2-3 guys reply? Basically nothing I'd say.
What if there were 30 replies? That'd be a completely different thing,

Once one has taken the time to log on, clicking in to this thread and reading the question, is it so hard to just write a short reply and contribute. Give some, and not only take?

Have a good day all.
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:25 am

Hard as a broomstick: Coloplast Titan Zero Degree
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

C_lab34

Postby C_lab34 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:24 am

I am very early in the inflating game, as today marks one month out from my surgery. I started inflated about two weeks ago, and I still haven't achieved full inflation. I'd say I've reached maybe 75-80 percent with a lot of soreness and pain, and I can't hold it there for very long. With that being said, when I am pumped to my current max, the implant is much, much harder than anything I ever had in the past. I have an AMS CX 21 cm device with 3 1/2 RTE's. Granted, my erections in the past were never that hard, and I could always bend them even when they were usable for sex. But now, I absolutely cannot bend the erection at any point in the shaft. I'm right at parallel, 90 degrees, totally stiff, no give throughout the shaft, and just a little flexibility right at the base both side to side and up and down. Without natural arousal, I am a little shorter. Another interesting anatomical detail is that, without arousal, I am thinner than I used to be near the glans, above the circumcision scar, but considerably thicker towards the base. Maybe it's still swelling? But when I add my own erectile tissue with natural arousal, I am thicker all the way around than I used to be, and the glans swells up nicely. Things are still very sore though so I've only been able to have sex twice so far.

One other note on whether an AMS is suited for men with large penises. I have what I, other women, and doctors have all considered to be a large penis. Not monstrous, but clearly above average, especially in girth. Just to reiterate, my CX is currently, at only one month out, making me a little thinner near the glans but thicker towards the base, and with my own bloodflow added I'd say I'm even thicker than I was before. I also think I could gain some girth as the cylinders expand and my tissues stretch out. I think they have that capacity, but we'll see. I'm pretty happy with it already. But I also wanted to add this: I met a man from this forum last weekend who lives in the area. It was a lot of fun and I'm grateful to him for all of his advice and support before and after the surgery. It might sound a little strange, but since we are bionic brothers, there are no secrets. We compared units, as I was curious and had never seen another bionic penis, one that was fully healed and operational, in person before. He was also a patient of Dr. Kramer's, and also has an AMS CX. As far as size goes, he puts me to shame. I say that in a joking way, no real shame here, of course. But seriously, his penis is huge, with a very large girth. He said that he started really gaining girth after cycling for two, maybe three months. I know this isn't exactly scientific evidence, but based one what I saw there, and my early inflating experiences, I just don't think it's true that the AMS isn't suitable for larger men.

Would a titan be even better, even harder, even thicker? I guess I won't know. I don't think it's worth worrying about. Either the device is put in correctly, or it isn't. Either your anatomy can reach its full potential with your device, or it can't. I could go into more detail about minor, academic differences between the two brands, but I don't think it will be very productive.

jonson

Postby jonson » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:09 am

C_lab34 wrote: But now, I absolutely cannot bend the erection at any point in the shaft. I'm right at parallel, 90 degrees, totally stiff, no give throughout the shaft, and just a little flexibility right at the base both side to side and up and down. Without natural arousal, I am a little shorter. Another interesting anatomical detail is that, without arousal, I am thinner than I used to be near the glans, above the circumcision scar, but considerably thicker towards the base. Maybe it's still swelling?

Just over two months out with AMS CX 21CM with 2CM RTE's and when fully inflated I am the same as C_lab stated above. It did take over a month for the swelling to completely go away.
60 YO - PC at 49 with RRP. ED and atrophy since then. AMS-CX 21 CM + 2 CM RTE's done on 11/24/15

David_R

Postby David_R » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:33 am

My inflated penis is as hard as when I was young, which is very nice! :D When I was older and having cardiac problems, my natural erections were waning in hardness, which I just assumed at the time was getting old (not knowing the cardiac situation at the time). All I can say is, it is a wonderful device that gives my wife and me back the important celebration of sexual connecting that can be so important for couples.
Last edited by David_R on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

thinktank

Postby thinktank » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:06 am

I am a member here and watching this discussion with interest.

I see the implant as the last thing to do when all else fails.

However, I cant help but wonder if hardness with any of the implants is directly related to how big your dick was in girth and length before the implant. Smaller guys will do better in my uninformed opinion because implants will do more for their girth and length to make them hard and potent.

Bigger guys in length and girth will suffer in hardness because the sizes of the implants, both AMS and Coloplast Titan are not manufactured big enough for dicks big in girth and length. By bigger dicks, I mean guys in the eight inch category in length and around sixish in girth.

Genome is a prime example of what I am premising my remarks from. He is a big guy and even with the Coloplast Titan, he has to use a homemade cockring to maximize his vascularity in his penis erectile wise.

I stand to be corrected and educated. But Genomes experiences with his large endowment stand out in my mind as the problems bigger dick guys have with implants and hardness. So as for some women (and men) and in this implant business........SIZE MATTERS in hardness, post implant. Again, I am open for correction.

Return to “Implants”