Positioning valve in scrotum?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DonBecker54

Positioning valve in scrotum?

Postby DonBecker54 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:05 am

Last week the valve was positioned just about right in my scrotum. Then it started wandering, and is now in front of the right testicle, and up very high.

I moved it back to the center rear last week, but it made its way to the front of the right testicle again.

I don't want to tug too hard on this thing, as I don't want it to break. What's the correct procedure for moving it? I can't get an answer from my doctor's nurse.
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

C_lab34

Re: Positioning valve in scrotum?

Postby C_lab34 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:12 am

I don't have an answer, but I am having somewhat similar difficulties. I think we were implanted just a few days apart. My pump doesn't seem like it's in quite the right place. But, unlike you, it's not moving around freely, it seems stuck a little high and to my right. Pumping is getting easier, but this thing just isn't budging. I suspect what we would both be told is that we still need to give things time to settle down and fall into the proper place. It's pretty annoying though.

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:58 pm

Thanks, C_lab34. The proper place is right behind the testicles, and low enough so both parts of the valve can be squeezed.

I was told by a doc that the valve does move around for awhile. It can move up into the body cavity, which would require surgery.

I just don't want to break a joint or fitting by pulling too hard.

I wonder why both of ours want to go up, front and right ?
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:10 am

You need to keep pulling it down into its desired spot. Swollen tissues, scaring & developing calluses, changing body positions, and on and on... all can cause this to happen. It's not an issue for some people, but a really big issue for me.

You aren't going to break it... Just keep putting it back onto position and it will eventually settle down and MOSTLY stay put (but still moveable if you need to adjust it).
harddrive

Return to “Implants”