Help! Post-op stubble

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DonBecker54

Help! Post-op stubble

Postby DonBecker54 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:46 am

I have not had even 30 seconds of sleep in the last five nights. The stubble on my abdomen, legs, testicles and even penis is rubbing against everything and making me miserable.

Any suggestions for how to deal with this? One more night without sleep and I'll probably start having hallucinations.
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

merrix

Re: Help! Post-op stubble

Postby merrix » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:04 pm

Sorry, I have no help to offer.
But personally I thought this was a non issue. A litttle annoying perhaps but that's all.
I barely slept for two weeks. But that was for heavy pain.
Sorry, but I'd have been very happy if my worst problem was stubble...

Of course, not being able to sleep is a huge problem. Maybe someone can offer advice on the stubble.

Good luck!
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:28 pm

I know it seems like a little thing. The pain for me wasn't unbearable. But the head of my penis is raw from rubbing up against stubble, and it burns and itches all night. I can put ice on the testicles, but I don't know anything that would help the head.
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:42 pm

My stubble is a day older than yours and about 1/4" long now. Has not bothered me on the scrotum yet but has on the sides of the penis and the penile skin where it lays against my abdomen. I've been putting the tail of my T shirt between the penis and ab skin and that helped that 100%. At night I put a baby sock over my dick and the toe end bottom few inches of my tube sock with the top rolled over the ball sac. Basically I cut off the heel 1/3rd of the sock and rolled the edge which helps hold it on. Hope I explained it well enough. Major comfort improvement here.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:31 pm

Thanks, alibaba. I'll give that a try. I've put something over the head of my penis to keep it from rubbing, but that was to protect the opening, which is raw from the catheter.

I have a high pain threshold. I didn't need to take the oxycontin I was given, and I've only taken Tylenol a few times for back pain from lying around. The itching and scratching, though, is like torture.

David_R

Postby David_R » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:10 pm

Stubble rubbing against the glans, especially the opening, can be excruciatingly painful. I would try something like a sock with a c0ck ring maybe, one that can be removed when you have to pee.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:12 pm

Yes, I 'm a little sore from that damned barbedwire and broken glass catheter too. I've used the cotton baby socks for years to keep from chafing when work get strenuous. I keep a box of them, slip them on, if size is an issue a light rubber band will keep them from falling off but now UP is no issue. I just toss the socks in the same batch my wife bleaches. I had two pain pills in hospital, not good and have taken 2 advil last 2 evenings after doing some housework and 1 today after bring in wood. Otherwise tolerable. Hope you continue to do well! Stubble was bothering the skin right below the corona. Freakin hair is growing faster than my beard and thankfully not white on that end.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:47 am

Yesterday I noticed that the valve had moved from behind the testicles over to the right of the right testicle. I was concerned, as it had been in place for most of the week. It also hurt.

I called MaryAnn, and she said, "I have to get home before the snow starts. Don't touch anything. Your followup is on February 1st." I said something about pains and concern, and she repeated herself. She's a first-rate medical professional.

About 2 am today, I found that the valve had moved to the front of the right testicle, and was up very high. I didn't know how normal or abnormal any of this was, so I tried to contact Dr. Milam. It would be easier to reach the president.

They really need to work on patient relations.

cincinnatus1951

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:09 am

For itching from stubble, you might try some cortisone ointment. If you have or can get some lidocaine cream, that should calm it down too. Even aloe vera gel should give you relief at least from the itching, no so much for the abrasion.
Cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:01 pm

DB, you should make a report to Patient Relations. If no-one complains, this will not change and this lack of communication may cause someone to have a bad event at some time. This is why I am not going back to Milam. I will be a no show at Tuesday's 2 week followup. If I have no followup so be it. I am not spending 2 days on the highway and 1 night in a hotel to be told that no question will be answered. This is horse shit for $61,000+. The more I learn about my implant the worse it turns out to be. Tube comes out of the cavernosa in center top on the left and seems fine which I would expect with infrapubic, it comes out the rt side of the rt cavernosa and what I thought was buckling on that side seems to "palpate" as the tube crossing perpindicular to the cavernosa inside it with an incision in the cavernosa below it also cross wise. W/o a scan it appears that there was a nesbit procedure to shorten the rt side to get the penis straighter and that is the pain I am getting. It now has a FLOP left when I take off the elastic holding it in place. Used to have a lean left. Now it bounces left. I want this F**king thing fixed now and so far everyone tells me to go back to Milam or heel 6 months and see about getting a redo scheduled for next winter. perineal pain keeps increasing and now dick has started to throb on each side where the tubes are.
After being shaved after hernia repair 1 the stubble drove me near mad. Wife bought me tubes of lanicaine to smear on that made it tolerable. I went through many tubes. Keep in mind, the scrotal skin absorbs chemicals and drugs faster than any skin on the body. cortiosteroids thin the skin and can slow your healing though they reduce inflamation and the itch. There is always a trade off. I hope things get better for you.

Return to “Implants”