AMS CX / LGX or Titan???

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
larrys1

AMS CX / LGX or Titan???

Postby larrys1 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:22 pm

As a man, of course, I want to maximize what I have as much as possible. So I keep reading about these three different ones. I know it is basically up to your surgeon once you're in the OR and I told my doc I wanted to maximize my size. He also told me he wouldn't know until he got in there but he would keep what I said in mind. My question is why are there different choices and what are the advantages and disadvantages of each of these. If I get say a CX will I be disappointed that I didn't get an LGX or a Titan? Guess since my surgery is coming up soon I am starting to wonder about it and want the most bang for my buck!! Lol...
Problems began in 2011 at 51 yo. I did testosterone/HCG/Anastrozole but it didn't fix erections. Pills and tri-mix worked then failed. Had AMS 700 CX installed on Feb 2nd 2016 by Dr. Thomas Walsh at University of Washington.

bob1138

Re: AMS CX / LGX or Titan???

Postby bob1138 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:04 pm

I was implanted with the Coloplast Titan in December 2007 and my wife and I both love it.
I would do it again in a heart-beat!!
Good luck with your upcoming Implant Procedure.
Hope this has been of some help.
Bob

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:38 pm

Very happy with my CX no loss of size and works great.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:45 pm

I've had an LGX for a week and 9 hours now. Clearly substantial loss in size compared to 3 minutes in a vacuum pump. Doc that did mine says he will not discuss it so I've no reason why.
Last edited by alibaba on Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

David_R

Postby David_R » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:02 pm

You can read my story in the signature below this message. I have been very happy with both the CX and the LGX, and so has my wife. :D

merrix

Postby merrix » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:08 am

I think there are enough satisfied patients with all IPP types here to confirm that all types are good (enough).
Also, scientific research on patient satisfaction does never reveal any significant differences between the types.

The three top surgeons all used to work almost exclusively with Titan, even though Kramer seems to have switched more to AMS usage these days, preferably the CX.

I have heard Perito say that he thinks there is so much evidence out there of the Titan being superior that he thinks the AMS should not be allowed to be used till improvements have been made to take it up to the Titan quality.

Eid's Titan preference stems from stiffer erections (even though many AMS guys here testify the AMS is more than hard enough), longer durability (AMS erections getting wobbly with years) and that Titan is superior for guys with over average size due to thicker cylinders and longer cylinder sizes available. He also thinks pump tubing is too short on AMS risking the pump to sit too high. He thinks AMS' only advantage is a softer flaccid.

Kramer seems to prefer AMS CX mostly because of the softer flaccid, and thinks the high-pump problem is easily solved with RTEs. Eid's opinion however is that a setup without RTE is always better than with RTEs due to the problem with wobbling after a few years.
However, I do think Kramer loses a bit of credibility in his newfound AMS CX preference by the sudden switch.
This could indicate that maybe his brand preference, and if so then the other two's as well, in reality is based on other criteria than strictly medical...

And let me be clear that I cannot be 100% sure that my above statements are 100% correctly descriptions of these three surgeons opinions. This is what I have heard them say in person, on Youtube, or in writing. This is however an anonymous internet forum, and any information here should be evaluated and used with that in mind.
We all should make sure we get the best available first source information available before making decisions about our own health and not blindly trust anything written here.

But again, based on patient satisfactory there seems to be no significant differences.
I think there are very few people who have been implanted with current versions of all three types. And if someone has, there was a problem with the first two since they were replaced.
In other words, there is probably no living person who has got to experience what all three types are like after a successful implantation.

I did not choose an implant.
I chose a surgeon.
My belief is that this is the most important thing we as patients can do to improve our chances.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:22 am

larrys1 wrote:As a man, of course, I want to maximize what I have as much as possible. So I keep reading about these three different ones. I know it is basically up to your surgeon once you're in the OR and I told my doc I wanted to maximize my size. He also told me he wouldn't know until he got in there but he would keep what I said in mind. My question is why are there different choices and what are the advantages and disadvantages of each of these. If I get say a CX will I be disappointed that I didn't get an LGX or a Titan? Guess since my surgery is coming up soon I am starting to wonder about it and want the most bang for my buck!! Lol...

I had a Titan but needed a revision. My uro (who is a Titan man) switched to the AMS CX. I have found the AMS to be much more comfortable. I always seemed to have a bit of an ache in the groin with the Titan. As far as size, there was no difference.

KMeister

larrys1

Postby larrys1 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:05 pm

Thank you guys for the info so far. Merrix, you're right. I chose a surgeon, not a particular make/model. I am going to trust him to make the right decision and use what he feels best and hope everything turns out well for me and my wife. Going through this for years now, fighting it all the time, attempting to keep getting erections, only to have the next remedy fail, has been exhausting. And not having intercourse for several months now has definitely put a strain on us. I fully understand now what men (and their partners) go through and the pain they live with. I have never felt the kind of anguish this situation gives out.

On an side note, I got a call from the surgeon's office yesterday. They still have not received pre-approval from my insurance for the surgery. Paperwork was submitted on the 11th and they have 15 business days to make a decision which puts us right up to the wire. And I DO NOT want to delay the surgery! They pay 70% of the cost but it has to be deemed "medically necessary". I said I would like to know what they think that would be if everything has failed me up to this point. I said I would pay for it up front if I have to and then get reimbursed by the insurance. I was then informed if the insurance ultimately disapproved my surgery, I would have to pay $30,000 instead of $16,900. You can only pay the cheaper price IF you pay for it up front. What a bunch of BS. I will do whatever it takes but I did write the doctor an email and said that was kind of a low blow (pardon the pun). I'll let you know if he responds and what he says about that. Most likely he'll say he doesn't get involved in that side of it.
Problems began in 2011 at 51 yo. I did testosterone/HCG/Anastrozole but it didn't fix erections. Pills and tri-mix worked then failed. Had AMS 700 CX installed on Feb 2nd 2016 by Dr. Thomas Walsh at University of Washington.

merrix

Postby merrix » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:26 pm

KMeister wrote:
larrys1 wrote:As a man, of course, I want to maximize what I have as much as possible. So I keep reading about these three different ones. I know it is basically up to your surgeon once you're in the OR and I told my doc I wanted to maximize my size. He also told me he wouldn't know until he got in there but he would keep what I said in mind. My question is why are there different choices and what are the advantages and disadvantages of each of these. If I get say a CX will I be disappointed that I didn't get an LGX or a Titan? Guess since my surgery is coming up soon I am starting to wonder about it and want the most bang for my buck!! Lol...

I had a Titan but needed a revision. My uro (who is a Titan man) switched to the AMS CX. I have found the AMS to be much more comfortable. I always seemed to have a bit of an ache in the groin with the Titan. As far as size, there was no difference.

KMeister

Do you notice any difference in how hard and rigid the erection is? Or in girth?
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Return to “Implants”