Pump after Penile removal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
fjburger

Pump after Penile removal

Postby fjburger » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:37 pm

I had an implant, but after six weeks it became infected and had to have it removed. Will have a new one installed in a few months . I am trying to use a pump but can't seem to be able to pull blood into my penis. I want be able to maintain length and girth. Did the doctor remove any veins and tissue during surgery ? Any ideas or suggestion would be great. Thanks

Anonymous 3

Re: Pump after Penile removal

Postby Anonymous 3 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:05 am

I was a little surprised when several posters were using a vacuum pump to maintain size after having an implant removed because the implant procedure destroys much of the spongy erectile tissue in the cavernosa. Some men have a bit of residual etectile material left and the glans is still able to enlarge but what you are experiencing with your pump is what I would expect in most of the cases. There is a reason that an implant is the last resort as the docs warn that there is no longer the possibility of regaining a natural erection. Pills, injections and pumps will no longer work after implant surgery. There is little left to become engorged with blood no matter what the method. Some docs implant a semi rigid prosthesis to maintain the cavernosa while waiting for the re-implant. Did you talk to your doc about the wating period?

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:40 pm

I am surprised you can't pull blood into penis. At least some of the penis including glans should enlarge though due to scar tissue and damage to corpora unlikely you can achieve rigidity even with constriction rings to penetrate. But blood should be able to be pulled into penis.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:19 pm

I have given this a lot of thought since October. Dr. Milam told me that the average infection rate is 1.5% but he would put my chances at 30 times that (45%) because I am immune compromised. Personally I think I will be in good shape. He said if it gets infected it has to come out. In thought about "what if" then, I concluded I probably would not be able to pump it because the scaring from the tip extenders and capsule that grows around it healing will seal off blood flow. I assume this is the situation you are seeing. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:44 am

billb603 wrote:I am surprised you can't pull blood into penis. At least some of the penis including glans should enlarge though due to scar tissue and damage to corpora unlikely you can achieve rigidity even with constriction rings to penetrate. But blood should be able to be pulled into penis.

The cavernosa are not hollow tubes like the implanted cylinders, they are filled with the spongiosum, a sponge-like tissue which holds most of the blood like a sponge like the name suggests and this is what becomes hard during a natural erection. Most of this spongiosum is destroyed with the metal dialators and inserting the prosthesis. There is little or nothing to hold the blood you might be able to pump in with a VED. The veins just carry it away. It is not surprising that you are unable to achieve any kind of erection with a VED. Sorry!

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:13 am

fjburger wrote:I had an implant, but after six weeks it became infected and had to have it removed. Will have a new one installed in a few months . I am trying to use a pump but can't seem to be able to pull blood into my penis. I want be able to maintain length and girth. Did the doctor remove any veins and tissue during surgery ? Any ideas or suggestion would be great. Thanks

I would ask your doc about VED to at least pull some blood into penis even if it doesn't stay there for an erection since many of us still have blood flow into the corpora after dilation and implant. My penis still engorges enough that with stimulation and deflated cylinders the deflated cylinders are harder to feel. As others have said the spongiousum is destroyed or at least damaged so won't hold blood but blood supply isn't lighted so in some of us is still there to some extent. I would ask as well as what your doc thinks about traction therapy to maintain length. I think it worked for me as I had some shortening from the injections and scarring that seemed to reverse with traction preop. There are several studies on it. That said there are Doc's that don't like it and overly zealous guys who have caused damage by too much traction, Might help while you wait but again I would ask your doc. Good luck.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

Return to “Implants”