Newly implanted

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
cas231

Newly implanted

Postby cas231 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:22 pm

Hello to all. I have been lurking for months, and am much appreciative of all the information available here. I finally took the plunge and was implanted last Friday, Dec. 18. I am 54, and have battled ED since a bout with testicular cancer at age 38. Two years ago the bottom fell out, so to speak, and I began contemplating having an implant.

I am only five days out, but other than the discomfort of the catheter after surgery, so far the pain has not been bad. Like I have seen many others post, I am concerned about regaining the modest size I had pre-surgery, 5 1/2 to 6 inches. Right now, doc has me partially inflated which is 4 1/2 inches. Was implanted with the AMS CX. I am hopful for bigger and better results.

RugbyDave

Re: Newly implanted

Postby RugbyDave » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:55 am

Congratulations.

Dave
Diagnosed at 49 with PC - Biopsy Gleason 3+4=7
Radical Prostatectomy 14/07/08 - PSA now undetectable
ED since op
Implanted with AMS 700LGX - 26/07/13 @ UCLH London
http://rugbydave.blogspot.co.uk

chiali09

Postby chiali09 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:42 am

Milestone data for me to follow shortly (everyone is different, but I think i took longer than most here to hit important benchmarks, especially for the lower 40s and younger crowd). You've been lurking long enough to know not to worry about size. People preach that over and over. Doesn't matter, when it's YOURS you still do. You always wonder "maybe I wasn't sized correctly" or maybe scar tissue kept me from getting the outcomes everyone else raves about, I should have done it sooner because my size would be better, should have skipped those barbaric at times useless injections, blah blah blah. Anyway....

Day 8: I totally questioned that maybe I got undersized, despite being implanted by arguably the best implanter in the world. I never talked much about size beforehand because I knew Kramer knew what the hell he was doing. I hadn't even cycled yet and things were going the wrong direction. "Shrinking" daily (you actually aren't, you're healing), I said to myself "I should have talked size and importance up front."

Day 27: After about 4 days of light cycling (before I was given the green light to do so). I was pleasantly surprised to see I got most of my length back. slightly aroused I got to 6.75 inches (7 pre-implant). The few days before I wasn't getting past 6. However the thing looked like a pencil and it hurt like hell getting to that point. NO girth. Big time loss of girth. Questioned how that could ever improve and started researching cylinder diameters on line. Laid off of cycling totally until day 38. Had to quit obsessing over it. & I still had irritation around the scar and of course the pump is as hard as a marble. At day 38 post-implant I commit to finally pumping as much as I could twice a day and holding for 10 mins. It hurt.

Day 40 (almost 6 weeks): Sill hurt to cycle, but almost back to normal size. pencil looks more like a sharpie and going right direction

Day 42: First day I noticed the pump softening, and I measured for the very last time. I was 7" clean aroused and girth-wise exactly what it looked like after a pill and injection when that was the last way I could last achieve a penetrating erection. Didn't hold it there too long, I just wanted to see the finished product.I knew that issue was off the table.

I know these benchmarks because I took notes every single day. When you are having a bad day, I beg you to come back to this post/or board. I was there. We all were give or take a week or so along the way.

Other days of note not related to size specifically:
Day 24 - Completely lost feel of deflate valve on a saturday, I was freaking out (had no problems whatsoever the days before and was big time regretting my decision to get it started before I healed sufficiently)

Day 45 - First intercourse. But I realized I needed to get my cardio back up because I hadn't done any since the surgery, which is totally unlike me and I got tired way before he did (he as in my penis, me and my girlfriend).

Day 50 - STILL Can't pump to max or close to it without pain.

Day 61 - I'm a stomach sleeper and I had a bad bed (really firm mattress) and it hurt one morning out of nowhere. Cycling pain STILL not gone two months full later. that didn't last too much longer than that, maybe a couple more weeks, we'll call it almost 3 months.

Day 120 - Appearance-wise there is zero sign of a scar (I'm black and I'm betting because of it the scar was more visible longer as it was lighter in color and it finally evened out) and it was the final chapter and nail in the coffin of any downsides to doing it. FOUR FULL MONTHS to know with 100% unwavering certainty it was the biggest and best decision I've ever made in my life to date.

My one message to you, remain calm at all times. You got this. I can already tell you do in your demeanor. It's going to take a LOT longer than YOU want it to get to your personal benchmarks for success, but you will get there. Promise. Come back here if you are ever a little down, just reading & not even posting (you already know what we'll say back to you anyway), it helps, these guys here got me thru it.

Congrats! Keep us posted
Last edited by chiali09 on Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:52 am

Congratulations you are on the road to recovery not just from surgery but from ED.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

cas231

Postby cas231 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:02 pm

Thanks so much for the kind responses. chiali09, you hit on just about everything that has run through my mind, particularly wondering if I was sized correctly. Your words of encouragement are invaluable. I'm sure there are lurkers, like I was at one time, who will also benefit from your wisdom.

I do feel like I have been lucky so far regarding post-op pain. I had a little more bruising show up today, but I have been icing down everything constantly. I took one pain pill the first night when I had the catheter in, and have not felt I needed any since. I did a lot of research and talked with three doctors before settling on one. I feel like doing that along with reading this forum for information has paid off tremendously. Thanks again to all.

Return to “Implants”