Meeting on Friday

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
williamb

Re: Meeting on Friday

Postby williamb » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:33 pm

I didn't realize that they were still using the 2 piece system, I received an implant about 7 weeks ago and the 2 piece was never discussed. I did find this on (Web MD Erectile Dysfunction: Penile Prosthesis)
The advantage of a 2-piece prosthesis in that the surgery is shorter and less complicated and there is no device parts in the abdomen. The disadvantage of the 2-piece prosthesis is that the smaller reservoir may not result in adequate erections in some men.
born 1949, Cancer 2014, 1st Implant AMS CX 18 + 3 RTE, Oct 2015 by a Houston Doctor. Left with loss of length, Floppy Glans and pain, a very poor job. Revision in Dec 2016 by Dr. Kramer, 21 + 3 1/2 RTEs, LGX, Regained length, Glans supported and no pain.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:19 pm

The head of the urology department at Washington University School of Medicine says he only puts in 2 piece because he does not like reservoirs but also told us that the implant will be smaller, will get hard but never deflate all the way, all because the reservoir is in the pump and too small to fill a big implant or hold all the fluid to fully deflate it. He also said the 2 piece does not last as long, sometimes as short as 4-5 years vs. up to 15 for a 3 piece and I would need many replacements in my lifetime. Due to my other surgeries and obvious signs he was a bias ass, he refused to consider a 3 piece so he was NOT elected to implant me. I never wanted a 2 piece but after him telling me this I DEFINITELY did not want one. He also told my wife and I " you will not like a 2 piece, but it will get hard" . d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:32 am

Two piece as I understand it is for folks that want less expense, or who are not candidates for a 3 piece.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

Lebanese

Postby Lebanese » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:33 pm

Good evening brothers,

I just wanted to share what i think it is good news. My 2015 ended good.
After a big research, through AMS representatives, found on their website, i reached a good doc.
He was great, we talked for around 1 hour non stop. He saw me very enthusiastic and i have a big knowledge about this topic and he was very happy about it. He said usually patients know nothing. We went into deep technical details. He offered me to sit watch him doing an AMS 700 LGX surgery next week.
This doc was really nice, he was really human. He knew i was struggling to save the money so he offered a second hospital (where i get the same results) just to shorten the expenses. (This will save me around 4k)
Long story short, 3 points I wanted to share with you:
- The doctor assured me that the blood will still reach the head and the glans will still engorge.
- He was very sure when I asked him about the length. He said precisely: " You will lose nothing. Not even 1 mm. ON the contrary, you will gain girth and that's a promise."
-One thing he said he cannot guarantee: the infection. He said I will my best, you will do your best and the rest is in God's hand.

I am happy of what I heard, and he has a very good reputation. So I just wanted to share it with you.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:16 pm

That is awesome news. It is VERY nice to find a doctor that wants to help you too. Watching the operation would be on my way cool can't wait to see list. AMS/Boston Scientific went to battle with my insurance company to try to help me. We never got to the point Vanderbilt wanted but they certainly spent hours trying to help me fight through it.
Again, great news. Who is this awesome doctor? d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

merrix

Postby merrix » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:06 am

Good for you!

I think you should stay away from the two-piece. I am not an expert, but as far as I know, they will give you a clearly lower quality of erection simply because there is not enough fluid to create a full, rock hard erection.
The 3-piece is simply a better product, better technology.
Normally there is no advantage with the 2-piece, only disadvantages. Less rigid erection, more unnatural flaccid look and feel etc. They are mostly just used by surgeons with no experience of implanting the 3-piece. And that's why I recommend you to keep searching till you find a doctor with long experience of implanting a 3-piece device.

Therefore it sounds great you found this doctor.
If, for some reasons, things doesn't work out with this doctor and you must start over to look for others, then my advice is definitely to continue searching till you find a doctor who has vast experience in implanting the 3-piece implants.

Good Luck!
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Lebanese

Postby Lebanese » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:28 am

Thx guys for your support. Really appreciated.

One day I will post my journal too in order to help as much as i can !

Cheers

vanats

Postby vanats » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:48 pm

Lebanese, I am reading your posts and what a surprise. I am lebanese too, and let me tell you that i am planning to have my implant surgery in Lebanon. After 2 or more years of research in USA contacting Dr. Eid, Dr. Perito, i decided to have my implant in Lebanon. I live in central America so i need to travel to Lebanon to have the surgery but i am still planning for the right time. My cousin is a very well known surgeon and has done many 3 pieces AMS implants in Lebanon and that's what he recommended to me. I am just unsure of 1 thing, 4 years ago i lost 2 inches due to prostatectomy, so if i make the implant will i lose more in size? that's what i am not sure. If you need his address i can give it to you with pleasure, Please let me know. And if somebody knows about more size loss even if i already lost from prostate surgery, please also let me know.
PC @ age of 45; nov. 2011 rectovesical fistula formed after prostatectomy; Dec. 2011colostomy done; july 2012 fistula was repaired; april 2013 colostomy was reversed; aug. 2013 back to normal life i started on injection therapy; +3 years now psa = 0.

Lebanese

Postby Lebanese » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:07 am

Hello Vanats,

Glad to see a lebanese fellow here. Well not that glad :P I wish we both didn't have to be in this forum.
Well regarding the loss I really cannot answer you. I am a 31 yo guy with no health problems and my surgeon assured me I will not lose length.
Lots of brothers here have the same issue as yours so i'm sure they can help you more.
And regarding your cousin I will be happy to meet him but i don't think he can help me since I already scheduled my surgery and it's gonna be real soon.

Good luck my friend

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:47 pm

Good luck all. Maybe if everyone in the East can get nice dicks there will be peace. Hugs and cheers. d

Return to “Implants”