Pulling the trigger

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jonson

Re: Pulling the trigger

Postby jonson » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:09 am

larrys1 wrote:So Dr. Walsh said they don't make the decision as to which implant to use until they get into surgery. Is that pretty normal? Should I sound like a typical male and inform him that I want to maximize my girth and length? He did tell me when I asked about shrinkage that any loss of length is only because the glans does not engorge with blood anymore. Other than that there is no loss. I an WAY more interested in girth than length. When trimix was working the best I was hard as a rock and girth was tremendous. Wife went crazy loving it. Anyway I guess I don't have the choice of requesting the CX, LGX or Coloplast models...

Same thing he told me right before surgery which surprised me since we had discussed the CX at a previous appointment. I had stressed the importance of maintaining size and wanting something 'I could hang a towel off' of so he thought the CX would be best. As it turned out that is what he used and after 6 weeks things are looking and working good. I am down maybe a half an inch in length but I am confident that with cycling and usage that will come back. Girth is about the same but it might be a bit flatter than before. The angle is closer to 3 o'clock as opposed to maybe 2 o'clock for a natural erection but very rigid and I can easily hang a hand towel off of it (guess I should have specified a bath towel :) ).
Do you have a date from Maggie yet? Keep us posted.
60 YO - PC at 49 with RRP. ED and atrophy since then. AMS-CX 21 CM + 2 CM RTE's done on 11/24/15

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:45 am

Dr. Edward Karpman in Mountain View, California (Bay Area) is well known on this site and is said to be the highest volume implant surgeon on the west coast. He is just a two hour flight from you. I highly recommend consulting with him. He's a great guy and I have switched over to him being my regular urologist.
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

Watsupp

Postby Watsupp » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:49 pm

Reading these posts gives me some reassurance as I have also battled with ED over the past 25 years, and I am now also going thru the process, will have 2nd uro eval for Ed. Thanks for sharing your journey, it helps a lot emotionally

larrys1

Postby larrys1 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:29 pm

Well, today marks exactly two weeks until my surgery. I am so ready and can't wait. Neither can my wife. It has been several months for us now and fooling around other ways relieves the build-up but eh, just doesn't really complete the job. I go in for my pre-op with anesthesiologist and lab work on the 28th. I keep wondering which one will he choose for me. He sounds like he mainly uses AMS but he said he can decide in the operating room to use whatever he feels would be best. I continue to read all of your stories and journals guys and really appreciate all the information. Here's to becoming bionic soon!
Problems began in 2011 at 51 yo. I did testosterone/HCG/Anastrozole but it didn't fix erections. Pills and tri-mix worked then failed. Had AMS 700 CX installed on Feb 2nd 2016 by Dr. Thomas Walsh at University of Washington.

David_R

Postby David_R » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:34 pm

Larry, non-intercourse sex with the wife does indeed "relieve the build-up," but there is nothing like intercourse for that special connection between a male and female.

larrys1

Postby larrys1 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:45 pm

Went to my pre-anesthesia appointment today so now am all set for surgery on Tuesday morning.
Problems began in 2011 at 51 yo. I did testosterone/HCG/Anastrozole but it didn't fix erections. Pills and tri-mix worked then failed. Had AMS 700 CX installed on Feb 2nd 2016 by Dr. Thomas Walsh at University of Washington.

cincinnatus1951

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:21 pm

Larry"
Good luck man. Keep us posted,
Cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

larrys1

Postby larrys1 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:25 pm

Today is the day!!! :D

trimix60

Postby trimix60 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:41 pm

Hope all went well for you today Larry !!! Here's to your fast recovery and getting back your sex life...let us know how things are going !!!

Cheers,

Curt

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:12 am

Hope and prayers that all went well and you and your wife will be pleased. Rest, be well, heal well, then use that bitch hard before the warranty runs out! d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Return to “Implants”