Implanted at 38 and concerned about size & revision

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
alibaba

Re: Implanted at 38 and concerned about size

Postby alibaba » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:44 pm

My tips stop right at the corona. Glans is at an angle so from the bottom side the tips are well below the head. From the top side I'd say in about 1/8th inch. Eid is not in the budget for this year though he has stayed in contact. I've been trying to find a doc that can take care of it locally but everyone says that I have to go back to Milam. I had some questions. I was told " you have an appointment next week". In other words they still are not going to answer my questions. Told them I will not be there next week. No need for a 2 day round trip when I am not going to get any questions answered.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

moetheman

Postby moetheman » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:13 pm

It's been 9 weeks post-op, will be 10 weeks on Friday. I had my final post-op consultation with the surgeon today (last one was 3 weeks post-op). I explained about my size concerns to him but he said that that's the maximum I could have without risking erosion. I also mentioned that my wife was surprised at the length loss. My wife's comment really did get to me. At the time I wasn't aroused so it looked even smaller than it would in a sexual situation. He said that she is just being cruel. Feels like he's being dismissive? He said that I should be confident and start using it but I just "feel" I have been short changed on size.

He said that I've got a fair bit of fat in the pubic area and that fat loss will help with that. I must admit the pubic area looks pretty puffed (wish I had taken pre-op photos to compare). It just doesn't look normal as yet and feel really padded. I'm hitting the gym and plan to lose the weight which will hopefully help. However I'm not sure how much of a real difference it will make as the tubing is relatively forward on the underside of the penis so the available length will not increase much with fat loss. I just don't know what to do now, not sure I can trust him or even anyone else in London for a second opinion. London Andrology is an option but don't know whether they'll just try to make some money as well and make up issues that don't exist and just go along with my complaints? Travelling to US just for a consultation seems a bit too much at this stage as well.

Really confused on what to do next.... get a second opinion or just try to get over the whole thing and accept the new me?
Developed ED at 32.
11/20/15 implanted with a botched Titan Coloplast 18cm + 3cm by urologynow.co.uk
03/23/16 Revision by Dr Eid - implanted a Titan Coloplast 24cm
04/08/16 Started cycling the implant

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:14 pm

Go for the second opinion. What harm could it do? It will either confirm what your doc told you or give you a new mission. Either way you get to move on, either to acceptance or to try to achieve something better.

merrix

Postby merrix » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:34 pm

Watsup wrote:Go for the second opinion. What harm could it do? It will either confirm what your doc told you or give you a new mission. Either way you get to move on, either to acceptance or to try to achieve something better.

Agree.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

SteveH

Postby SteveH » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:34 pm

It is very early days
I was 9 months in before things settled and felt better
Love my implant no more fears of losing erections for whatever reason
EVER READY X
AMS LGX 18cm with 3mm rte Feb 2015 - Penis damaged in bike accident August 2007

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:57 pm

Very sorry to hear this moetheman. Fire that inconsiderate quack and find someone else. It that doc does not give a damn or is an ass fire his ass and move on again. Having a less than expected outcome is bad enough without the doc being an ass. Best wishes for better days for you and your wife ahead. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

moetheman

Postby moetheman » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:33 am

SteveH wrote:It is very early days
I was 9 months in before things settled and felt better
Love my implant no more fears of losing erections for whatever reason
EVER READY X

I guess this is the reason why I'm confused. Even Kramer said that its too reactionary at this stage to re-operate or reconsult now. Below is what he had emailed me a couple of weeks ago.

AKramer via email wrote:I think it is just too early to consider having a revision, though I certainly think it could be possible down the road. As far as length, there is no way that an implant will shorten the penis, but simply doesn't do that and you cannot have lost inches from simply getting an implant done- though perhaps your implant does not go to the tip of the penis and this is something that could only be solved with placing a larger size device.

Either way, it's six weeks is just too soon and still in the immediate postoperative period, and I would like to see you but at the six-month point. If you could kindly delay until that point it would be advisable, I think it is to reactionary to re-operate or reconsult now.

AK

Interesting that he mentions that the length does not reduce with even a smaller implant, but just doesn't go to the tip of the penis. I know alibaba has had length issues too so not sure what Kramer means by that. Could it be hidden by the pubic padding?

The wait is proving very difficult as the doubts are not going away. I've now requested an appointment with Evangelos Zacharakis at London Andrology for a second opinion. Hopefully I can get some useful insights from him, which I can share here and see where to go after that.

I'm so grateful for Frank Talk, and the support here. Not sure what I would have done without it, especially as I have no other support (can't even talk to my wife).
Developed ED at 32.
11/20/15 implanted with a botched Titan Coloplast 18cm + 3cm by urologynow.co.uk

C_lab34

Postby C_lab34 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:41 am

I think what Kramer is getting at here is that the implant might be too short to support your actual length if it is undersized and the tips don't go all the way to the glans. That would result in what they call around here the floppy head syndrome. If this is the case, then a revision later on is warranted. Otherwise, shortening could be still from swollen pubic region, and the implant still stretching out the tissue internally.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:23 pm

I would take Dr Kramers advice and seek another opinion or two at the 6 month point. Keep an agressive pumping regimen going until then.

moetheman

Postby moetheman » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:34 pm

ED2013 wrote:I would take Dr Kramers advice and seek another opinion or two at the 6 month point. Keep an agressive pumping regimen going until then.

I was quite emotional / upset yesterday after my final visit to the surgeon. I'm feeling a bit better about it today. What kind of annoyed me was that the surgeon wasn't too interested in answering the questions and was being dismissive, kind of like waiting to show me the door. Based on the discussion with him, it sounded like there wouldn't be much size gain in the future, beyond just a tiny amount. However my BPL is 3/4 to an inch longer, maybe even a bit more.

My recovery has been pretty slow, but I know from a previous surgery that it can take me twice as long as average to recover. I guess this explains why I make slow gains in the gym too. I feel that there may be internal swelling and pubic padding because I had bleeding and then oozing till my 8th week post-op. The surgeon also mentioned early on that I have way more blood vessels than average and it will take me longer to recover. Also I saw in another post that Kramer gives it normally at least 3 months for his patients to recover fully and he's world class with super fast surgery times. I was under the knife close to 3 hours and it's been just over 2 months so far.

Also when I cycle the implant I can feel pain & discomfort in the region where the rear tips go, and also in the base of the penis. This sounds like things haven't settled and may suggest that there is likely to be some internal swelling.

Given that Kramer suggested leaving it for 6 months and that the size doesn't really shrink from an implant, it gives me some hope. However I don't think I can wait 6 months for a second opinion so I have made an appointment with London Andrology in a months time. At that time it would be just over 3 months post-op so should be reasonably recovered by then. Like others have said, no harm in getting a second opinion. It might just put my mind at rest.
Developed ED at 32.

Return to “Implants”