Implanted at 38 and concerned about size & revision

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
merrix

Re: Implanted at 38 and depressed about size

Postby merrix » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:21 pm

moetheman wrote:...a lot of the issues that I thought were there are not present. I'm just keeping fingers crossed about the size issue as that's my only remaining concern (though it's not as bad as I originally thought).

I think you are just the same as all of us. Having an implant to fix ED is quite a different story than surgery for shin splints. It will just have such an immense impact on us, not least psychologically. Meaning we worry to death about the slightest hunch of a complication.
I think we just have to understand and accept a couple of things.

It takes time. All or at least most issues will disappear with time. Many guys here tell us that it can take 6-12 months for every post op issue to disappear.

And - I also think we just have to be prepared to accept that maybe everything won't be perfect. Heck, we've implanted a bloody prosthesis in our dicks! And it's not robots doing the surgery. It's human beings, and even though they are skilled professionals, what they do is craftsmanship which always will have some degree of variable outcome.
We just got to remember where we are coming from, and that even though not everything might end up 100% perfect, we are with a very, very high probability going to end up better than we were before...
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

moetheman

Re: Implanted at 38 and depressed about size

Postby moetheman » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:25 am

merrix wrote:...It takes time. All or at least most issues will disappear with time. Many guys here tell us that it can take 6-12 months for every post op issue to disappear...

I think you're very right about time. The issues most of us have is that we've suffered for so long with ED that we just want the damn thing resolved immediately. However as with most things in life, have to give it time. Easier said than done but no short cuts are available. In another thread someone had posted a link to the study below, but the key thing I took from it was that the length continues to grow even after 12 months (fingers crossed).

"The prolonged and daily usage of inflatable penile prostheses may cause the cylinders to act as tissue expanders. Tissue expansion has been well documented in plastic surgery and breast reconstruction literature...."

http://www.ajandrology.com/preprintarti ... ?id=163266
Developed ED at 32.
11/20/15 implanted with a botched Titan Coloplast 18cm + 3cm by urologynow.co.uk
03/23/16 Revision by Dr Eid - implanted a Titan Coloplast 24cm
04/08/16 Started cycling the implant

lewisbl

Re: Implanted at 38 and concerned about size

Postby lewisbl » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:11 pm

moetheman wrote:Hi Guys,

I'm a new member though have been lurking here for a couple of months. A bit of background on my situation. I live close to London, England, and started developing ED in my early 30's (now I'm 38). I've had over 5 years of declining function and I tried pills, pumps etc but over time everything stopped working. I was diagnosed with a venous leak (congenital apparently). My dad developed ED in his mid 40's too. I had a dorsal venous ligation surgery in May 2014 but that ultimately proved ineffective (though it initially improved my ED for about 3 months).

I was told about the implant and I decided to go for it after a lot of thought (as the quality of life as a young man with ED was unacceptable to me). I had a 3-piece Titan Coloplast implanted two weeks ago. It was relatively pain free and I've been recovering at home.

I'm currently living alone (trial separation instigated by my wife as she went into depression over my ED too) so all that time alone has not helped. Only my wife ad I know about my ED and we have never told our families either (it's complicated with our families) so I can't really talk to anyone about emotional issues either. I've been obsessing over length loss whilst recovering at home. Before ED I was 6.5 inches but after ED it was around 6 inches. My girth has always been quite good though I never measured it. Since the implant my flaccid / deflated length is 4 inches (maybe a bit smaller even). The girth however is still very good. As the Titan is not meant to increase in length I'm really worried that I'll have at best a 4-4.5" penis when inflated. I can see that the skin along the shaft (i.e. from the base to the glans) is a bit shrivelled so there is more room for it to be stretched, unless it's meant to be like that if I'm not inflated?

Given that I'm two weeks post-op, am I worrying about nothing? My mind is very negative at this point and all I can think is doom and gloom! Especially as my wife and I are trying to save the marriage, as I feel ED (and the associated lack of confidence & de-motivation) is the issue. I'm seeing the doc next Tuesday for my first follow up after the op and he said he'll show how to use inflate and deflate and then to probably cycle. I'm just waiting for that to see what it looks like after being inflated but I'm not too optimistic. I have read a lot of posts on the forums here where other people have had similar issues with size and then magically after a few weeks / months it all works out. I'm hoping this happens to me too but right now feeling down & depressed. I'm hoping I start feeling better after I return to work tomorrow.

Hi Moetheman,

I understand what you are dealing with about the size. I am almost 16 months post op, I lost some size also. I got the AMS 700 LGX. I am not recommending you do this, you have to do this at your own risk. My wife enjoys sex with my implant but she said it looks short and smaller, that hurt big time. I started using my VED and my wife said WOW, now that's a dick a very impressive dick, made me smile. She makes a lot of noise during sex and love's that I don't lose my erection. I will say if you put a woman in a dick factory she would fu-- herself crazy. I am LOVING the implant. She begs me for sex, the role has been flipped. If you use the VED please be careful.
AMS LGX 18 CM with 4 RTE Implanted SEPT 15, 2014 by DR Flatt. Failed SEPT 15, 2017
AMS CX 18 CM with 5 RTE revision NOV 27, 2017 by DR Flatt.

moetheman

Postby moetheman » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:44 pm

lewisbl wrote:Hi Moetheman,

I understand what you are dealing with about the size. I am almost 16 months post op, I lost some size also. I got the AMS 700 LGX. I am not recommending you do this, you have to do this at your own risk. My wife enjoys sex with my implant but she said it looks short and smaller, that hurt big time. I started using my VED and my wife said WOW, now that's a dick a very impressive dick, made me smile. She makes a lot of noise during sex and love's that I don't lose my erection. I will say if you put a woman in a dick factory she would fu-- herself crazy. I am LOVING the implant. She begs me for sex, the role has been flipped. If you use the VED please be careful.

Hi Lewisbl,

I heard somewhere that using VED is not recommended after an implant. What would be the main benefit? It is to engorge the glans or does it also lengthen the entire penis too? I'm actually getting engorgement through arousal and it swells up to twice the size, so probably don't need VED for that but if there is additional size to be gained elsewhere then I would like to know more.

Are you still using VED with your implant now or was it only for the initial period during recovery?

Thanks
Developed ED at 32.
11/20/15 implanted with a botched Titan Coloplast 18cm + 3cm by urologynow.co.uk

lewisbl

Postby lewisbl » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:53 pm

moetheman wrote:
lewisbl wrote:Hi Moetheman,

Hi Lewisbl,

I heard somewhere that using VED is not recommended after an implant. What would be the main benefit? It is to engorge the glans or does it also lengthen the entire penis too? I'm actually getting engorgement through arousal and it swells up to twice the size, so probably don't need VED for that but if there is additional size to be gained elsewhere then I would like to know more.

Are you still using VED with your implant now or was it only for the initial period during recovery?

Thanks

Hi Moetheman,

I've read that on the site also, but I haven't seen it in writing. My wife told me I was thick as HELL, but she LOVES how it feel. I've read the AMS 700 LGX is suppose to stretch 20 percent. I've also read on the site guys getting revisions of implants because of their implants stretching their penis. I am not trying to pass any bad information, just going with what is working for me.

Thanks
AMS LGX 18 CM with 4 RTE Implanted SEPT 15, 2014 by DR Flatt. Failed SEPT 15, 2017
AMS CX 18 CM with 5 RTE revision NOV 27, 2017 by DR Flatt.

lapiste

Postby lapiste » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:27 pm

Hi Moetheman,
May I ask you the name of your surgeon and how much you had to pay? I live in the UK and I'm considering getting an implant too.
Many thanks for sharing your experience! It's very helpful.
Implanted at 33. Sept 2016. Coloplast Titan. Venous leaks for my entire life.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:57 am

I now have an AMS LGX now for 38 hours. doc told me Oct 7th that is what he would put in, that I would lose size and gain none. So far it looks like he was right. 5 minutes before surgery he said I would lose size also. Only comment wife has made in the last 2 days is " at least it is hard". Time will tell.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:49 am

My doc had told me that normally one wouldn't lose size. I haven't lost any.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

David_R

Postby David_R » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:56 am

I lost an inch from my prostatectomy followed by 2 years of nothing so there was atrophy. My loss of an inch seems to be very common among we guys who had prostatectomies before the introduction of "penile rehab" (so we developed atrophy because of no stretching, vacuum pumping, etc.). In the hands of a competent, very experienced prosthetic urologist, no one should lose any length (and the LGX that I have is supposed to even increase length just a bit as it continues to be regularly pumped up and given time). I am not an M.D., so this is just my opinion.

moetheman

Postby moetheman » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:24 pm

alibaba wrote:I now have an AMS LGX now for 38 hours. doc told me Oct 7th that is what he would put in, that I would lose size and gain none. So far it looks like he was right. 5 minutes before surgery he said I would lose size also. Only comment wife has made in the last 2 days is " at least it is hard". Time will tell.

Sorry to hear that alibaba. I've been following your thread and sounds like you're going for a revision. I have an appointment with my surgeon next week and will be talking to him openly about all my concerns. So far I haven't seen much improvement in my size either. I'm quite convinced that I have a smaller cylinders installed. When aroused the cylinder tip reaches only the start of the glans. Now that the swelling has settled down, it looks like the tubing is quite far at the front, effectively reducing available size also. All in all, looking pretty depressing.

Let's see how it goes next week and then I'll go for a second opinion with London Andrology. However if I need a revision then I'll most likely get it from Eid or Kramer, probably in the summer (but need to save up).

Are there any tips from anyone on how to reduce atrophy? My worry is that the size will shrink by the time of the potential revision. Is it still possible and safe to use a vacuum pump?
Developed ED at 32.

Return to “Implants”