My Journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
crazyjoe

Re: My Journal

Postby crazyjoe » Sat May 28, 2022 6:46 pm

to bring this extremely good sequence up to date, wondering how folks feel about Trimix gel helping with glans engorgement which sounded to be a concern?
75, used pills, injections -- all lost effectiveness. Titan implanted by Eid in Feb '22.

merrix

Postby merrix » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:03 am

A couple of questions about girth above.

Yes - it was slightly larger after surgery than before. Not much though. Length increased more than girth.
I just measured my length as posted above, but haven't measured my girth for several years.
I will some time and post results.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

merrix

Noise

Postby merrix » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:10 am

In the beginning I can't recall my implant (i.e. pump) ever did any noise while pumping.
I do however remember that it started to do so quite soon after surgery - a few months, a year or whatever.
What I have noticed lately is that this noise is becoming more and more loud.
Not only is it louder, it is also more frequent.
As I remember, it used to be during the mid-phase of pumping. I.e. not the first ~10 pumps and not the last 10-20 when the bulb got harder.
While as now, it is more or less there for every pump on the way to full inflation.

Not sure if this is a sign of an upcoming pump/tubing failure, but I don't consider it as a good sign, that's for sure.
After all, I am 6.5 years from surgery, have used my implant frequently, always pump to the very maximum, using all the force I can generate to do so, and live an active life which should move the stuff around more than average.
A failure after seven years would be disappointing, but unfortunately nothing extraordinary.

Just interested in knowing if anyone else have experienced a sudden increase of noise from their Titan, and if that led to failure soon afterwards.
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:23 pm

My pump only makes a noise when pumping fast, when pumping slow the pump is silent.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

Stewy78

Postby Stewy78 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:47 pm

It depends on the pump position during the pumping process. In some positions it makes sound, in others no. Anyway at the beginning it wasn't making any sound anyway. Dr. Eid told me that it's normal and no need to worry about it.
32yo, VL from birth. Implanted in 2020 with AMS CX by Gabriele Antonini. Pump stopped working after three months,replaced with new pump that stopped working again. Complete revision Titan Touch 24+1 implanted by Dr.Eid. Titan failed in October 2023.

merrix

Beginning of the end..?

Postby merrix » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:51 am

It's been close to seven years now since I had my implant. It's been working perfectly, but its behaviour lately makes me concerned that I will need a revision soon. It started a few months ago, when I noticed that the sound it makes when inflating got more pronounced. It always made a noise, but that noise just got louder and more frequent occuring. Implant still worked great though.

Then a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that when I reached somewhere around half inflation, I just couldn't inflate any more. I squeezed the pump, the feeling was about the same as normal, but nothing happened. My dick didn't get any harder, it just stayed at the inflation level it was.
I deflated, started over, and it worked.

Then a few days ago, it happened again. Same solution, deflate and start over and it worked.

And yesterday - I inflated to "oral/foreplay level" before going to bed, and when it was time for penetration I was going to give it another 10-15 pumps to reach full hardness - but the same thing happened again. No response, just pumping but nothing getting transferred to the cylinders. I kept pumping, and after probably 20 pumps, I got the effect of 10.
The feeling was that randomly, some pumps had no effect, and some had. Actually, the ones making a noise were the ones that I felt actually had an effect. The silent ones did nothing to move saline to my dick.

I am a logical person, and my simple conclusion is of course that something is wrong. This has never happened in 6.5 years, and now it happened three times in two weeks. Something has changed, and it's not going to repair itself.
The question is rather how fast it will deteriorate and how long time it will take before I can't use it. I suppose best case scenario is that it stays this way for a couple of years and then breaks down, but more likely in my book is that it just keeps getting worse and within soon I won't be able to pump it up.

Crap. But it was of course due to happen at some point, and 6.5-7 years is not good, but nothing unusually bad either.

Anyway - your thoughts, comments would be highly appreciated. Especially if someone has experienced the same thing and how that unfolded.

Thanks in advance.
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:01 am

At least you got a chance to use yours. Mine quit working after about twelve years with similar symptoms (the pump stopped moving fluid) even though I had never used mine and inflated it maybe a dozen times.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:08 am

Hmm this is a different failure mode that I haven't seen before. One idea would be to contact a patient rep for the brand of implant that you have. They tend to be more in touch with the engineering side of things, so they can pinpoint the specific problems (and potential fixes) that their brand of implants can have.
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:06 am

I have a LGX with a MS pump but I have had this type of thing happen. I tried to think of what was causing it as it happened every great once in a while. What I have settled on is that the valve in the pump was not fully switching to inflate mode. Make sure you do the extra hard first pump to switch to inflate mode. If you have any doubt with the noise or in my case slow inflation then just deflate (switch to deflate mode) then switch back. That is the only thing I can think of that could cause this. The valve is not fully switching to inflate mode for some reason.

Good luck with this.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

FinallyBionic

Postby FinallyBionic » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:53 am

I suspect the tubing connection to your pump, since some of the pumps you put it have effect, others don't. It could be that you need carefully orient your pump direction, whether you are in a standing or sitting position to make sure that no folds in the tubing, or even a tiny leak when partially blocked.
Of course, there is no (standard) life for the implant. I think the lifestyle could affect it. Myself, I feel sore at the scrotum if I run 2 miles or more. The pump load and movement may affect tubing connectivity. I do not have a reliable source for that, but it is just my thought.
Let us hope for the best. Even if gets to a revision, it involves only the pump, or only the reservoir (since the Titan lock valve is on the reservoir side).
Finally Bionic
1969. RP Oct. 2017. Pills and Trimix didn't work. Inguinal hernia repair on both sides. AMS CX 21 cm+1 RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at Kaiser, VA, Jan. 2021. FT member since July 2020 as AST2123. See my previous 457 posts.

Return to “Implants”