My Journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
merrix

Re: My Journal

Postby merrix » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:06 pm

Thanks all for feedback.
Regarding hot baths, I think Eid is quite uniqe in recommending them from day 3. Even 3 per day for 20-30 minutes each.
He does however use a different techniqe when sealing the wound. He says he makes the wound water proof which makes the baths possible. The baths then are supposed to quicker reduce the swelling which in turn will allow cycling to start earlier.
Agree it sounds strange to get in a bath tub on day 3, but if I have chosen Eid for I believe in his competence, I will buy his protocol as is.
For sure, the baths (just had my second) definitely makes things feel better.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

scooter65

Postby scooter65 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:59 pm

Glad to hear of the improvement. My Doc trained under Eid and also supports the early baths. He utilized both stitches and glue to seal up the incision in my case (and i am betting in yours as well). Every day is better than the last and today I was just thinking how glad I am that I made the decision that I did to get implant. You are just a couple of weeks behind me and so hang in there it's all for the better!!

Take it easy this weekend, How long are you going to be in the states?

Scooter
Type 1 diabetic for 34 year, ED for the last 10, implant on 11/30/2015.

merrix

Postby merrix » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:32 pm

I'll be taking it as easy as possible.
Staying in NY till tuesday, then to my home country in Scandinavia for Christmas and New Years, and then back to work again in SE Asia...

75 hours post op now and still can't figure out how that pump is ever going to feel comfortable down there, but I guess it will by time...

Scooter - have you taken it for a ride yet? Or maybe a test drive? (not the scooter...)
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:06 pm

Most docs do not want you to bathe because they are afraid of introducing bacteria in a wound not yet sealed tight by healing.Even if it looks healed or scabbed over the bacteria can enter deeper tissue through the stitches. Eid and others seem satisfied in the liquid bandage they use to seal. I know Eid is a strong believer in it. I've had many surgeries and some of the best doctors I've had used the glue and it was awesome. I take the extra precaution being immune compromised by putting a good dash of bleach in my tub of hot water. Tends to dry the skin but it also kills MRSA and Staph reducing the chance of getting an infection. I soak in a tub like this a couple days before each surgery too since most often infections originate from the skin. I plan on taking a qt of bleach with me to Nashville since I will be in a hotel for 2 days before surgery. Bathroom will get a thorough cleaning before I do my pre surgery scrubs.Hundred of people rent the room each year and who knows what kind of bacteria have been carried in? There are valid reasons for a warm bath. The warmth helps bet blood circulation going which helps pull out fluid that causes swelling ( edema) thus reducing the swelling. Swelling actually slows healing due to the pressure it puts on things which restricts blood flow and oxygenation. It is the same concept when they tell you to put ice on a sprain, then after a couple days warm. The Ice can prevent swelling by slowing circulation. Be well all. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

scooter65

Postby scooter65 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:26 pm

Hopefully this weekend we will take and try out the new gear. I started pumping it up twice a day on Tuesday and the pump already seems much easier to depress. The first day or two I thought holy crap, it was tough get a tight enough grip and then to squeeze it was tough. Now it seems much easier and I am really anxious to try it out with the wife.

Hope you have a pain free weekend!

merrix

Postby merrix » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:11 pm

Great Scooter, good luck!

I may possibly have an issue. Pump is definitely not centered. It points down to the right side of scrotum which gives discomfort and causes asymmetrical positioning of testicles. Right testicle is forced up by the pump while the left one sits nicely where it should.
Of course, it may not be a problem once swelling is gone, but I am pretty sure Eid is not happy with where he placed the pump. Will try to see him on monday and have him take a look.

Apart from the point where the pump pushes to the skin on the lower right side, there is marginal or no pain.
Will make me quite pissed off if I will need a second round under the knife reposition the pump. But if that's what it takes, then that's what it takes.
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth

scooter65

Postby scooter65 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:19 pm

Metric
Certainly get it checked but hopefully it is just due to the swelling and things will settle in as the swelling decreases. That first week things are pretty sore in the sack and space is really tight.

Good luck.

Scooter

merrix

Postby merrix » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:11 am

Day 5

I am still sceptical to the pump position.
It clearly points to the right, as in 4 o'clock.
There is moderate pain from the point where pump stretches skin out to the right.
This may of course go away with time when swelling is gone and scare tissue is fully developed.
However, I find it hard to believe it will be ok for two reasons:
1 - pump points out right to the extent that when I move it pinches scrotum skin between pump and leg. This is bound to cause problems.
2 - it looks assymetrical since it means left testicle is hanging nicely and right testicle is forced up by the pump.

Talked to Eid. He doesn't seem overly concerned. He just says that as long as there is no sign of infection he's not worried. Important thing for him is that skin is not attached to pump. Which it isn't.
Anyway, he's coming over to see me in the hotel late this afternoon to take a look.
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth

scooter65

Postby scooter65 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:52 am

Merrix
One thing that I found incredibly helpful was to get some powder, like a baby powder, and use it where the scrotum comes in contact with your legs. Otherwise I thought that contact caused a lot of discomfort. I hope that would help decrease some of your pain!

Scooter

scooter65

Postby scooter65 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:53 am

Merrix
One thing that I found incredibly helpful was to get some powder, like a baby powder, and use it where the scrotum comes in contact with your legs. Otherwise I thought that contact caused a lot of discomfort. I hope that would help decrease some of your pain!

Scooter

Return to “Implants”