My Journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.

Re: My Journal

Postby 516430203 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:57 am

May i ask how often did you use your implant ?

25yearsold

Re: Update on potential pump failure

Postby 25yearsold » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:44 am

merrix wrote:.

Even it is causing distress and anxiety, you cant never be ‘%100 sure’ that it will fail soon. It ‘might’ keep working that way until it fails because of another irrelevant mechanical cause.
When you fail to inflate it even after you performed your workarounds, then it is time to schedule a revision.
In my opinion, it is the most rational approach.
But of course, if frustration is effecting your mental state too badly or badly enough that you cant cope with, it is reasonable to schedule it sooner. (But Eid may ask you to wait until it fail completely)

principles

Postby principles » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:18 pm

merrix wrote:As I wrote above, I have noticed some issues with my pump.
It basically stops transferring fluid and pressing the bulb fully just does nothing in terms of getting harder.
This happened a few times during a few weeks.
Then stopped and I didn't experience the problem for a few weeks.

Yesterday it happened again though.
I came to what I use to call the "BJ level". At that point I still have many pumps to go to reach what I normally use for penetrative sex.
As before, I could get past that level by fiddling around. E.g. by making a few more explosive full pumps, or by pressing the deflate valve and then suddenly start pumping again.

But at this stage I am 100% sure my implant will fail sooner than later. This problem is not going to go away by itself, and it is only going to get worse.
My only question now is if I book the revision already now, I think Eid has a couple of months of queue, or if I just wait till it fails. And then live without sex for the two months of waiting time plus another couple of weeks after the surgery...

I am two weeks shy of seven years. Not what I was hoping for, but nothing to be upset about either. Seven years is within the normal range I guess, especially if you use your implant quite frequently.

Give your self a headstart, I'd rather get it fixed it right now then wait til it surprises you on a busy week. Schedule the surgery, clear the calendar, prepare yourself, if you don't have more issues or change your mind a week prior, cancel it. But as you said yourself, it's giving you the signs of a failure, I didn't have that warning sign, but if I did, I'd rather had prepared myself to get time off work and get properly organized. Waiting for your surgeon's/insurance/work availability/schedule to clear when all you want it to get your dick back is not a good experience. Just my humble opinion having just gone through a revision.
Healthy 31y
08/2020 Titan 22+3. Post op was rough. Best sex of my life. Tubing failed after 26 months.
11/2022 Titan 24+2. Infected from Revision.
01/2023 Tactra 23 13mm. Salvage.
08/2023 Titan 20+3. Infected (3 weeks in)
08/2023 Scheduled Tactra Salvage.

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:15 pm

merrix wrote:As I wrote above, I have noticed some issues with my pump.
It basically stops transferring fluid and pressing the bulb fully just does nothing in terms of getting harder.
This happened a few times during a few weeks.
Then stopped and I didn't experience the problem for a few weeks.

Yesterday it happened again though.
I came to what I use to call the "BJ level". At that point I still have many pumps to go to reach what I normally use for penetrative sex.
As before, I could get past that level by fiddling around. E.g. by making a few more explosive full pumps, or by pressing the deflate valve and then suddenly start pumping again.

But at this stage I am 100% sure my implant will fail sooner than later. This problem is not going to go away by itself, and it is only going to get worse.
My only question now is if I book the revision already now, I think Eid has a couple of months of queue, or if I just wait till it fails. And then live without sex for the two months of waiting time plus another couple of weeks after the surgery...

I am two weeks shy of seven years. Not what I was hoping for, but nothing to be upset about either. Seven years is within the normal range I guess, especially if you use your implant quite frequently.

If its of any consolation, I am waiting 6-7 months to get my revision due to work. I think the 2 month queue with Eid will go by in a flash if it comes to that. Maybe its because I'm younger, but 2 months without sex seems like no big deal.

Also wanted to say thanks again for all of your input over the years.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

merrix

Postby merrix » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:43 am

Thanks Cnidium
Hope your revision goes well.

I can argue for both opinions stated above.

Get an appointment. Be prepared. It's not going to get better, only worse. It is going to have to be replaced within short so why wait?
or
Why rush. If Eid's waiting time is 2 months, why book now? Those two months will pass by in a flash once they are due.

Last night, the pump problem happened again, making it twice in a row now.
It all starts well, the first 20-30 pumps are just like before. But after a certain hardness ("the blowjob level") it changes. I press and I press, but no fluid transfers. There is no resistance in pump bulb, it's just like if it was totally empty. So far I have most often been able to fix it by making a few explosive, forceful and fast pumps. Then I hear the noise again, which my pump always used to do when working normally, and fluid starts to transfer again. A few pumps later, same shit again.
But I don't think saline is leaking out of the system. Because if the system was empty when the fluid stops being transferred, there would be no way to get it going again. Simply because there would be no saline left.
So I think the problem is rather with the pump valve itself. It works up to a certain pressure level. Once the pressure required is higher, it stops working and there is no saline moved from the reservoir into the pump bulb.
Not that it matters... broken is broken and must be fixed.

Since it has happened twice in a row now, I am leaning towards getting the appointment.

And by the way, being impotent sucks.
But being impotent with an implant sucks arguably even wors.
Going from "Sorry babe, it just ain't working. I dont' know what's wrong" to "Sorry babe. I just can't get this fucking piece of plastic pump in my dick to work. I can't get it up tonight".
The big difference though is that a broken pump can be fixed. A broken vein cannot.
I actually could get it up after the tweaks, but next time that might be the line I'll have to pull out before rolling over and wait for Eid's queue to disappear.

This shit also reminded me again of the hassle that comes with this surgery.
I've always said that the revision thing is nothing to care about, not even consider in the implant or not decision.
Now I'm standing here.
I need to fly across the world, and I am busy as f-k at work. It's going to be really weird for me to take a leave for a couple of weeks (or whatever it takes) at this stage and at this time of year. I am running things, both global projects and operations wise, that are in a very hectic and critical stage. To then come and say that "hey, I am going to take two weeks off" is just totally weird, and is not going to look good.
Money wise, I have what it takes, but still - nobody likes to splash out 30 KUSD or whatever it is going to end up at with business fligths, hotel rooms, takeaway food, and the medical fee itself.
And then there is of course the risk things don't go well.
I have the highest faith in Eid, but even the best can get it wrong.
His infection rate is around 0.5% for virgin implants and around 1% for revisions.
1% is not much but it still means 1 guy out of a 100, who said before his revision "1% is nothing, it won't happen to me" actually got an infection.
And forget the infection, there are still things that can happen to make results less than perfect.
I have been lucky (and grateful to Eid) to have gotten fantastic results with my implant. Will it be like that next time?

Anyway, all this doesn't matter. There is only one way from here - Get it done.

Cheers.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:59 am

The big question is: when will Eid retire, I mean he is not the youngest anymore?

Strange, I also notice issues with my pump. Lately it happened twice, that after squeezing the pump, the pump didn’t return to the round shape immediately but stayed in the squeezed state, was dented for quite a while. Only when I 'played' with the pump it returned to the ball shape.

What’s that? Who has experienced the same? Now I’m thinking of flying to Eid in order to get a new implant. I really want to get operated by him - maybe he won’t be available in the not so distant future anymore…
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:31 am

strongagain wrote:The big question is: when will Eid retire, I mean he is not the youngest anymore?

Strange, I also notice issues with my pump. Lately it happened twice, that after squeezing the pump, the pump didn’t return to the round shape immediately but stayed in the squeezed state, was dented for quite a while. Only when I 'played' with the pump it returned to the ball shape.

What’s that? Who has experienced the same? Now I’m thinking of flying to Eid in order to get a new implant. I really want to get operated by him - maybe he won’t be available in the not so distant future anymore…

Reading some of the older posts on here, Dr Eid used to offer a 10 year guarantee on his fee (he would not charge you to do revision on you if within 10 years of implant date). However when he did my implant in June 2021, the guarantee was now only for 3 years. That tells me that he plans for his retirement to be in just a few years.
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

FinallyBionic

Postby FinallyBionic » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:38 am

Also, an important question is: If it is confirmed that the problem is with the pump, then would it be possible to only replace it and keep the cylinders and reservoir? But if it is with the lock valve, only the reservoir could be replaced, and everything else would stay.
It is interesting to know that Titan has its lock valve on the reservoir side, while AMS has it on the pump side. So, if there is a partial replacement, the approach will depend on the model that you have.
If no improvement in technology in the cylinders, or additional length, I wouldn't go for a complete replacement, considering also recovery time, cost, and time off work. Of course, it is your surgeon's decision and yours as well. All the best!
Finally Bionic
1969. RP Oct. 2017. Pills and Trimix didn't work. Inguinal hernia repair on both sides. AMS CX 21 cm+1 RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at Kaiser, VA, Jan. 2021. FT member since July 2020 as AST2123. See my previous 457 posts.

Maxihurst2033

Postby Maxihurst2033 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:49 pm

@Merrix
I hope everything goes well for you. Its something I think about when I get implanted in the future, what do I do when I need a revison when in a Long term relationship or if I end up getting married with a wife? That frustration time in between. With me being under 30 I will probably need 6 to 8 revisions by the time I hit 80 years old, if I live that long. Also what to do when you need a revision and are busy at work? I study accounting and I wonder about these things. It makes me feel uneasy.

Btw, every thought about seeing Hakky? I'm leaning towards him and his much younger than Eid and you will probably need revisions in the future if eid retires.
Born 1996. Ed and hopefully getting an implant in a few years.

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:11 pm

Merrix. I feel like you are an old friend now. I've spent the entire day with you. At least with your thread. My surgery is scheduled on Jan 4, and I'm pretty anxious about it. Your detailed journey has been so helpful. There's really nothing else like it i've found online. Thank you for your contribution.

I posted a new thread ("Showtime"). In it, i describe my own connection to Thailand. I see that you live there. I intend to retire there next year, so perhaps our paths will cross.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

Return to “Implants”