My Journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
alibaba

Re: My Journal

Postby alibaba » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:34 pm

merrix, I assume you are all but standing at the door awaiting a taxi anxious to get home to your family. I want to thank you for sharing and wish you and your family well.
2 hours sleep last night, up at 4:45 a.m, many hours of travel today and I had lots of thinking time. You being 42 years old doing this reminded me that my early 40's were the best years of my life and the most productive. Young and still invincible, still felt like a teenager. To me they were special years that I would be happy to relive 100 times more. Glad you have made a choice to make sure that your best years ARE your best years. Safe travels. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

merrix

Postby merrix » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:24 am

Monday January 4, 20 days post op

Good day. Pain is not worth to be called pain. Discomfort when walking is perhaps a better way to describe it. Makes me walk like Zeb Macahan, but many wold say I always did walk like him, so I don't know if there is any real difference. It's just that now I got a legitimate reson to walk like him...

Took my 200 m walk to Eid's office to see him one last time before I leave on tuesday. He inflated me and took a good look.
He is pleased with results. He thinks he picked the right cylinder size, probably one size larger than what most surgeons would have chosen, but he is sure they will give me a better erection quality over time and no pain. Only downside is my flaccid is pretty ugly since the long cylinders buckle when the penis retracts. It also makes it curve (I did have a curve before surgery which Eid diagnosed as mild PD). When inflated the curve is basically gone, but it's there when it's flaccid. Opposite of how it was pre-op...
He does however think the flaccid curve will decrease with time, but maybe not completely. For him, a nice erection without buckling is the sign that he picked the right cylinders size. If they buckle in flaccid state is no issue as long as they don't buckle in erect state. He would not choose smaller cylindes just to avoid the buckling in the flaccid state. That would lead to decreased erectile rigidity.
Regarding the angle of my flaccid, it has improved a lot. On day of activation, 13 days post-op, my flaccid pointed around 2:30. Now it is down at 4:00 and it keeps getting better. I can now wear it down in one leg of my pants, which I couldn't a few days ago.

We ended up having a long discussion in his office after the examination, he had no patient right after me.
I asked him quite a few questions and got some interesting answers which may be of interest for some of you...

Post op workout
I can do everything except lifting which causes pressure in the core. So no squats, deadlifts, situps, pushups, rows etc. He recommends waiting six weeks from surgery with that.

Length increase post-op
He does not really believe there is much to gain length wise. What you have on a full inflation post op is what you will get. I mentioned the study which shows around 2 cm length increase 24 months post of after daily cycling, but he was sceptical.

We also had a long and detailed discussioin on Titan vs AMS. And a very interesting one.

A general problem with implants is that they tend to start wobbling after a few years. He has seen this in many patients and claims he has learned how to avoid this. Mostly by choosing the right (=absolut longest possible) cylinder size, minimize the usage of RTEs and picking the right implant model (which for him basically means choosing the one and same model every time since he thinks it is superior to the others).

Overall I got to say I am very pleased with Dr. Eid. I did have my complications, and looking back, I think that I lost one week in terms of pain and swelling. Where I was at 14 days was where I should have been at 7 days, and where I am now at 20 days is where I should have been at 13 days.
However, in terms of activation, I was on average or even ahead of average for his young patients with activation at day 13.
There are reasons though for my long lasting pain and swelling as detailed described in this thread before.

I can highly recommend him to anyone. What I like about him is his straightforwardness and his aggressive sizing. He knows that picking the largest possible cylinders is critical to a good result and a happy patient. And he has the skills to go as close as possible to the limit of what the body can accomodate. A less skillful surgeon would more often take the safe route and choose one size smaller. Actually, he even inserted a 22 cm Titan in me first, but took it out and put in a 24 cm since he thought there was room for more after he inflated the 22 cm.
The 22 cm went in the bin. I wonder if low-volume surgeons have that relation with Coloplast. In this case Coloplast ended up with the cost for the wasted implant.

He furhermore showed a genuine care. Two house calls to my hotel. One at 5:30 am on a weekday, and one at a sunday afternoon. He even called me at christmas eve.

Tomorrow tuesday I am going home!
Last edited by merrix on Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Xomanow

Postby Xomanow » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:15 am

Thank you for your detailed journal and your astute observations.....it was a pleasure to meet you and I learned much from your experience......I have a consultation appointment with Dr. Eid next week.....I'm planning a year in advance.

Safe trip back and I hope that you do keep us informed as to the "practical application" of your implant and if possible, what your wife thinks......a woman's perspective is valuable......getting an implant is half the battle and using it is the other half......

Best, Howard
Implanted Jan 4 2017 by Dr. Eid - 70 yo and single...ED gradually over 15 yrs...tired of pills, injections, cock rings....happy with my choice and results. Titan OTR - one 20cm cylinder - one 20cm+1 RTE...."got a rocket in my pocket"....

merrix

Postby merrix » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:04 am

alibaba wrote:merrix, I assume you are all but standing at the door awaiting a taxi anxious to get home to your family. I want to thank you for sharing and wish you and your family well.
2 hours sleep last night, up at 4:45 a.m, many hours of travel today and I had lots of thinking time. You being 42 years old doing this reminded me that my early 40's were the best years of my life and the most productive. Young and still invincible, still felt like a teenager. To me they were special years that I would be happy to relive 100 times more. Glad you have made a choice to make sure that your best years ARE your best years. Safe travels. d

Not yet my friend. I will be off around 5 pm. Still lurking around in my hotel room which I by the way am so &%"#!& tired off by now.
Taking off around 8:30 pm to Frankfurt, a few hours in the lounge and then off to Bangkok on a looong flight. Then another hour in the lounge and then finally a shorter flight to home, arriving in my condo on thursday noon local time. Family coming home friday noon.

Still keeping a couple of fingers crossed for you.
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth

merrix

Postby merrix » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:06 am

H.Pineapple wrote:Thank you for your detailed journal and your astute observations.....it was a pleasure to meet you and I learned much from your experience......I have a consultation appointment with Dr. Eid next week.....I'm planning a year in advance.

Safe trip back and I hope that you do keep us informed as to the "practical application" of your implant and if possible, what your wife thinks......a woman's perspective is valuable......getting an implant is half the battle and using it is the other half......

Best, Howard

Thanks Pineapple. As you know, I can't enough express the appreciation for what you did for me, offering to go and buy some snacks and supplies for me and deliver to my hotel room. Amazing gesture. Forever grateful.

I am 100% convinced you cannot pick a better surgeon. Maybe there is someone equally good, but none better.
Good Luck!
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:16 am

Merrix, your journal is priceless, thank you so much. Before I received an implant I was searching Amazon for kindle books on penile implants. No chance! I didn't find anything.

Now my request: can't YOU publish a kindle book, making your experiences public? I'm convinced that booklet would be a great success. Please think about it, everyone knows Amazone. Maybe your wife could write a chapter as well? A woman's perspective is extremely important, I mean if there were no women, no man would undergo such a difficult operation ;-)
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

scooter65

Postby scooter65 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:03 pm

Merrix:
I will certainly miss reading all of your posts. Best of luck on the long flight and on your business trip upcoming. Hopefully 2016 will pay off with all of your pain that you had to put in at the end of 2015.

Good luck and then next time you come to the states, maybe just do some sightseeing and take a real vacation (With the wife!!!)

scooter
Type 1 diabetic for 34 year, ED for the last 10, implant on 11/30/2015.

merrix

Postby merrix » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:22 pm

StrongAgain wrote:Merrix, your journal is priceless, thank you so much. Before I received an implant I was searching Amazon for kindle books on penile implants. No chance! I didn't find anything.

Now my request: can't YOU publish a kindle book, making your experiences public? I'm convinced that booklet would be a great success. Please think about it, everyone knows Amazone. Maybe your wife could write a chapter as well? A woman's perspective is extremely important, I mean if there were no women, no man would undergo such a difficult operation ;-)

Thanks. I like to be the man who can admit both failure and achievements.
In this case, I can only say that I too would have loved to read someone posting as detailed as I have. That's why I decided to do it...

Regarding a kindle book, that won't happen. I tend to go in 100% for what is important for me for the moment and then move on. I will hang on here and take it till the end, meaning till it has been put in regular use. After that, I doubt I will have the motivation to spend time on this. But who knows...

Anyway, I am happy that some seem to appreciate what I do. Makes it worthwile keeping it up.
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth

merrix

Postby merrix » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:30 pm

scooter65 wrote:Merrix:
I will certainly miss reading all of your posts. Best of luck on the long flight and on your business trip upcoming. Hopefully 2016 will pay off with all of your pain that you had to put in at the end of 2015.

Good luck and then next time you come to the states, maybe just do some sightseeing and take a real vacation (With the wife!!!)

scooter

Thanks for the appreciation Scooter.
Long flights is what I do all the time, so that will be a piece of cake compared to getting the inside of my dick ripped out and being implanted. That's nothing I do every day...
I sure hope too that this year will be a good one. Same to you.

I will most likely come to the US and Mexico sometime during 2016 for business. Maybe I'll try to stay a few extra days.
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:17 pm

Thanks for all the time you spent on your journal. It was interesting following your progress day by day as well as the side topics. Have a safe journey home!

Return to “Implants”