Don't do it guys.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
hard drive

Re: Don't do it guys.

Postby hard drive » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:45 am

C_lab34 wrote:This post reads like bizarre spam. I'm expecting him to start selling herbs or a custom pump or something in his next post.

+1
harddrive

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:31 pm

I have to weigh in and say that I am in the 99.99% of men (and partners) who are very satisfied with my implant.

I will say that I regretted it enormously immediately afterwards but I have also heard that this is a normal response; especially when you are in pain. It took me about two months to stop saying "What the hell was I thinking?" and another two months to figure the thing out.

My reaction to this is similar to the others who have responded. As someone who is not in your position I would have guessed that you are either recovering or are on your third malleable implant in which the stiffness cannot be controlled.

Enlighten us with the type of implant you currently have, the complications that warranted a third implant at your age and the conditions that you have that warranted the procedure.

I think that information would ease the skepticism that we currently have.
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:46 am

charlesr wrote:I have to weigh in and say that I am in the 99.99% of men (and partners) who are very satisfied with my implant.

Let's not oversell or misrepresent. Satisfaction rates with penile implants are good but hardly 99.99%. There is survey research that generally puts the satisfaction rate at about 85% to 90%.

KMeister

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:26 pm

I'm including the partners :D
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:55 am

I suspect that the reason the satisfaction rates are only 90% is related to postop size being shorter than hoped for either because the small size cylinders were implanted by an older doc used to rigid implants or an inexperienced doc. Or unrealistic expectations that post op size will be bigger than stretched length. Size after years of ED is usually smaller especially after prostate surgery so when penis is hard for the first time there will be disappointment for some. Given the infection rate is only 1-2% overall (lower in high volume docs) that would mean close too 98% of guys would be happy unless size plays a role. One of the docs I consulted with before I chose Dr Kramer made me have a psychological evaluation with part of his team before I even got to see him to ensure I was not doing it to cure a relationship or make my penis bigger. Probably should be a part of the preop process to help guys have a realistic expectation of what an implant does. It makes the penis hard again. Period.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:08 pm

KMeister wrote:
charlesr wrote:I have to weigh in and say that I am in the 99.99% of men (and partners) who are very satisfied with my implant.

Let's not oversell or misrepresent. Satisfaction rates with penile implants are good but hardly 99.99%. There is survey research that generally puts the satisfaction rate at about 85% to 90%.

KMeister

I'm not sure that's accurate either. It could be much lower, it could be much higher, it could be spot on. The only way to actually know is if everyone with an implant participated in this survey. No one ever surveyed me. Also, that number has been around for years. It's probably time for a new one.

To be sure, it seems like most are happy, even if it did take years to get there. :D
harddrive

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:41 am

billb603 wrote:I suspect that the reason the satisfaction rates are only 90% is related to postop size being shorter than hoped for either because the small size cylinders were implanted by an older doc used to rigid implants or an inexperienced doc. Or unrealistic expectations that post op size will be bigger than stretched length. Size after years of ED is usually smaller especially after prostate surgery so when penis is hard for the first time there will be disappointment for some. Given the infection rate is only 1-2% overall (lower in high volume docs) that would mean close too 98% of guys would be happy unless size plays a role. One of the docs I consulted with before I chose Dr Kramer made me have a psychological evaluation with part of his team before I even got to see him to ensure I was not doing it to cure a relationship or make my penis bigger. Probably should be a part of the preop process to help guys have a realistic expectation of what an implant does. It makes the penis hard again. Period.

There are many reasons an implanteee might be dissatisfied besides just postop size, including physical discomfort with the implant, difficulty working the pump, penile problems while in the flaccid state, sexual partner complaints, the lack of spontaneity, the need for revision surgery for one reason or another, pain after the operation...

KMeister

Return to “Implants”